Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Brian Billick is bush league (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=334767)

Edge34 09-11-2005 11:52 PM

Brian Billick is bush league

Colts thoroughly tossed their [censored] the entire time, shut them out at home. Peyton and Dungy take the high road with the win locked up and try to kneel...and Billick decides they're going to keep this ass-kicking going.

That pointless TD with 13 seconds made a lot of difference, huh Brian? Offensive mastermind doesn't even have the squad to beat Indy's defense, even though they are better. What a joke.

UncleRemus 09-11-2005 11:54 PM

Re: Brian Billick is bush league

Cost me 7 VERY important fantasy points, too...

mmbt0ne 09-12-2005 12:10 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Cost me 7 VERY important fantasy points, too...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't how many points it cost me, but I can use any and every point, since I'm ~50 points back going into to Monday night. At least I have 3 players going, and he has none.

battschr 09-12-2005 12:11 AM

That was total horsecock.

Jack of Arcades 09-12-2005 12:41 AM

In his defense, he was trying to see his new QB run a hurry up offense.

Bill Murphy 09-12-2005 01:00 AM

Re: Brian Billick is bush league...and most overrated coach ever.

Mr. Genius has never gotten lit up for smothering a dynasty in the crib w/his Grbac signing and I can't understand it.

Hal 2000 09-12-2005 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. We can't be so quick to judge. Who knows how long Boller might be out. I think you have to allow Wright to get as many licks as possible.

battschr 09-12-2005 01:27 AM

He's still a douche.

Edge34 09-12-2005 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. We can't be so quick to judge. Who knows how long Boller might be out. I think you have to allow Wright to get as many licks as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anthony Wright played, and fairly well, LAST season. He's not anything new to the Baltimore Ravens, his decision to call the timeouts was because he couldn't handle his team getting waxed at home.

Anybody notice the look on Peyton's face as he left the field after going deep (and almost hitting Marvin) at the end? Show some class, Mr. Billick.

kschellenger 09-12-2005 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anthony Wright played, and fairly well, LAST season. He's not anything new to the Baltimore Ravens, his decision to call the timeouts was because he couldn't handle his team getting waxed at home.

Anybody notice the look on Peyton's face as he left the field after going deep (and almost hitting Marvin) at the end? Show some class, Mr. Billick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, he played LAST season with a different crew. Give him a break. It's week 1.

fingokra 09-12-2005 10:43 AM

take the Colts and the over next time, of course that would be the play anyway

Soul Daddy 09-12-2005 10:45 AM

What's the big deal? I do this sort of thing in Madden all the time.

Edge34 09-12-2005 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
take the Colts and the over next time, of course that would be the play anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

I did take the Colts. I'm just surprised that when Dungy called his dogs off, Billick decided he hadn't had enough.

BTW, from earlier in the thread...

Anthony Wright is a 7-year vet, and has also played for Pittsburgh and Dallas in his career. I was wrong about playing last year, as he had been injured most of the year. In 2003, however, he started the final 7 games of the regular season for the Ravens. Included in that season was leading the Ravens on the biggest comeback in franchise history, overcoming a 41-24 2nd half deficit to win the game 44-41 in OT against Seattle.

So yeah, he's played. If it was a rookie or something, then MAYBE. This guy's been around.

Patrick del Poker Grande 09-12-2005 10:55 AM

Do Billick and Dungy have some personal grudge against each other, aside from Billick's charming arrogance? I don't remember there being anything when they were in Minnesota. I do find it a bit interesting how the master offensive genius that put together the 1998 Vikings offense ended up with the best defense in football while the master defensive genius that put together the old awesome defense of the early-90's Vikings went on to coach one of the most prolific offenses in the league.

Clarkmeister 09-12-2005 11:00 AM

What's the problem? You play to win the game. No one's calling Manning's shot into the end zone bush, nor should they. If the coach wants to play it out, that's his perrogative.

Edge34 09-12-2005 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the problem? You play to win the game. No one's calling Manning's shot into the end zone bush, nor should they. If the coach wants to play it out, that's his perrogative.

[/ QUOTE ]

Manning took that shot BECAUSE Billick decided he hadn't had enough of an ass-whipping. Notice that they took a knee on first and second downs with a 24-0 lead and less than 2 minutes left.

If Peyton, Dungy and the Colts had wanted to keep going, its fairly obvious they could have, since they moved the ball VERY well in the whole second half. When a team is trying to get you out of there without running it up, it seems the classy move to accept your obvious defeat and move on.

Yes, its definitely Billick's prerogative, but it would've been just as bad if Peyton had been running the no-huddle to try and go up 31-0. I would've been right there calling them on it too. This wasn't playing to win the game, that would have been the greatest 2-minute comeback in the history of sports, anywhere, ever. This was being a little punk and not taking the beating by the better team with their heads held high.

Jack of Arcades 09-12-2005 11:12 AM

Get your facts straight before making stupid arguments. Anthony Wright did not take a snap last year.

DangerGoodson 09-12-2005 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He was obviously mad that Billick's timeouts caused a delay in his post-game gay butt sex

Clarkmeister 09-12-2005 11:31 AM

What, exactly, are you so angry about? It's just not a big deal.

Edge34 09-12-2005 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get your facts straight before making stupid arguments. Anthony Wright did not take a snap last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try reading the entire thread before making a totally retarded post. Its like 3 posts up from yours. Smart one.

And anyway, my point was that Anthony Wright isn't a "new" QB. That was obvious to anybody.

You lose.

Edge34 09-12-2005 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not angry, just wondering why a coach like Brian Billick can't show a little grace when the other team has hammered him and is pulling off the dogs.

brettbrettr 09-12-2005 04:29 PM

Not being shut out is important.

Lazymeatball 09-12-2005 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not angry, just wondering why a coach like Brian Billick can't show a little grace when the other team has hammered him and is pulling off the dogs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it kind of arrogant to throw a bunch of second stringers out there and expect the other team to just surrender?

I didn't see the end of the game, but are you telling me that the Colts started taking a knee when there was still enough time on the clock for their opponents to have another possession?

Edge34 09-12-2005 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it kind of arrogant to throw a bunch of second stringers out there and expect the other team to just surrender?

I didn't see the end of the game, but are you telling me that the Colts started taking a knee when there was still enough time on the clock for their opponents to have another possession?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Colts got the ball (inside Baltimore territory, I believe) with like 1:40 left in the game. They'd been moving the ball very well through the entire second half, and were up 24-0. Dungy decided to call the dogs off and Billick decided he hadn't had enough.

So yeah, there was plenty of time for another posession, but it wasn't changing a thing.

JayLear 09-12-2005 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you name any coach who would simply roll over and not try and score when they're getting smoked? What is he supposed to do, run out the clock? They'd have his head in Baltimore. I'm not a Billick fan by any means, but not for this reason. You try and score and the onside kick as many times as you possibly can.

kschellenger 09-12-2005 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He was obviously mad that Billick's timeouts caused a delay in his post-game gay butt sex

[/ QUOTE ]

Culpepper was waiting for him. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Boris 09-12-2005 05:53 PM

totally disagree. of course the game is over but he needs to make the game at least somewhat productive. So give the replacement QB some valuable real time experience. Think of it as practice++.

bugstud 09-12-2005 05:58 PM

1. points scored is a playoff tiebreaker
2. Wright probably got very little work in because Boller needed all the reps he can get.

So why was trying to score bush league again?

Edge34 09-12-2005 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
totally disagree. of course the game is over but he needs to make the game at least somewhat productive. So give the replacement QB some valuable real time experience. Think of it as practice++.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still think a 7-year vet who was responsible for the best comeback in your franchise's history two seasons ago doesn't really need that much more "real-time experience" but I guess I can see the argument. Doesn't change my mind that when you're being beaten so badly and the dogs are called off, you let it go. There's always week 2.

BTW, I would also say the Colts, had they chosen to run it up, would have been wrong. Game was over, it wasn't like the Ravens were coming back any time soon. Does their TD against the Indy second/third string defense give them some more pride?

DangerGoodson 09-12-2005 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I still think a 7-year vet who was responsible for the best comeback in your franchise's history two seasons ago doesn't really need that much more "real-time experience" but I guess I can see the argument. Doesn't change my mind that when you're being beaten so badly and the dogs are called off, you let it go. There's always week 2.

BTW, I would also say the Colts, had they chosen to run it up, would have been wrong. Game was over, it wasn't like the Ravens were coming back any time soon. Does their TD against the Indy second/third string defense give them some more pride?

[/ QUOTE ]

NIT

Edge34 09-12-2005 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NIT

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct, sir. That still doesn't make me wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Mike Gallo 09-12-2005 07:46 PM

That pointless TD with 13 seconds made a lot of difference, huh Herm ?

The Jets did the same thing. They scored on their final possession to salvage some pride after getting their arses whooped all day.

As a person who follows the Jets, I feel better that the team did not get shut out. Does it make the loss easier to digest, perhaps.

I have no problem with either coach going for a last minute score in a blowout, as it will somehow make the loss less demoralizing.

Edge34 09-12-2005 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That pointless TD with 13 seconds made a lot of difference, huh Herm ?

The Jets did the same thing. They scored on their final possession to salvage some pride after getting their arses whooped all day.

As a person who follows the Jets, I feel better that the team did not get shut out. Does it make the loss easier to digest, perhaps.

I have no problem with either coach going for a last minute score in a blowout, as it will somehow make the loss less demoralizing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't watch the whole KC/NYJ game since the Vikes were on Fox opposite that game at noon here. But did Cryin' Dicky send Trent Green in to take a knee with less than two minutes left?

Like I said a post or two ago, I can definitely see the argument for "pride" or whatever, but to me when one coach goes out of his way to show sportsmanship and doesn't even run the ball, it seems like it should be reciprocated.

Clarkmeister 09-12-2005 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, I would also say the Colts, had they chosen to run it up, would have been wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you'd be wrong on that one too. If they decided to go hurry up and try to hang another 7 on the Ravens, that's quite alright. If the Ravens don't like it, they can try and stop them.

Jack of Arcades 09-13-2005 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Try reading the entire thread before making a totally retarded post. Its like 3 posts up from yours. Smart one.

And anyway, my point was that Anthony Wright isn't a "new" QB. That was obvious to anybody.

You lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, OK, but

a) he didn't play in a game in over a year
b) he's never thrown in a game to his top two receivers

TMFS9 09-13-2005 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wright probably got very little work in because Boller needed all the reps he can get.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the reason, because wright is starting next week and he wanted to get him more reps.

HajiShirazu 09-14-2005 02:41 AM

I loved this, the look on Peyton's face was priceless. But the Mike Martz onside kick a few years back was better.

JTrout 09-14-2005 03:04 AM

Lewis was mouthing "go for it" on the last play of the game (where Indy took a knee for the third time).

I don't think Peyton even tried to connect on the third down pass. It looked like he just threw it in the endzone, then gave Billick a glare.