Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   I have never run so bad.... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396513)

TheWorstPlayer 12-12-2005 12:41 AM

I have never run so bad....

I have not won a big pot in weeks. Literally. Here is a nice one from today.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

CO ($720.50)
Button ($644.60)
SB ($500.70)
BB ($381)
UTG ($395.40)
TWP ($410.20)

Preflop: TWP is MP with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls $4, TWP calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $12</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $18</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, TWP calls $16, CO calls $8.

Flop: ($68) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB bets $50, TWP calls $50, CO raises to $100, SB calls $50, TWP raises to $200, CO is all-In, SB folds, TWP is all-In for $190.20 more.

Turn: ($68) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: ($68) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: $68

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB doesn't show.
TWP has 7h 7c (full house, tens full of sevens).
CO has Td Ah (four of a kind, tens).
</font>

Weatherhead03 12-12-2005 12:45 AM

Re: I have never run so bad....

Looks like my day, although thankfully I only lost around 300 total...not in one hand.

TheWorstPlayer 12-12-2005 12:46 AM

I am on a 4k slide in three days (of playing - covered 2 weeks, though). I have gotten 4, 3, 2, and 1 outered more than I thought was possible.

orange 12-12-2005 12:46 AM

Brutal. Hope your downswing ends soon.

krazyace5 12-12-2005 12:48 AM

Looks alot like one of my recent hands and the luck I've been having lately.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG ($100)
MP ($94)
Hero ($114.15)
Button ($30.95)
SB ($43.45)
BB ($104.13)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $1. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG (poster) raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $2, Button calls $2, SB (poster) calls $1.50, BB calls $1.

Flop: ($10) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $2</font>, SB calls $2, BB folds, UTG calls $2, Hero calls $2.

Turn: ($18) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $45</font>, Hero calls $104.15 (All-In), SB calls $14.45 (All-In), UTG calls $51 (All-In).

River: ($263.60) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 3 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $263.60

SB has 7h 7d (two pair, sevens and sixes).
UTG has 6h 6d (four of a kind, sixes).
Hero has Th Tc (full house, tens full of sixes).
Outcome: UTG wins $249.45. Hero wins $14.15. </font>

Weatherhead03 12-12-2005 12:49 AM

By now we should know that they eventually will come but for some reason everytime they still get to my head.

TheWorstPlayer 12-12-2005 01:16 AM

Yeah, thanks everyone. It's just very frustrating. I'm sure you all understand. And that one outer is pretty brutal. My beat isn't even that bad, obviously, it is just that fact that they have been coming one after the other with nothing holding up in the middle. I seriously have not had a winning session in weeks. That is just not normal.

smartalecc5 12-12-2005 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks alot like one of my recent hands and the luck I've been having lately.

UTG ($100)
MP ($94)
Hero ($114.15)
Button ($30.95)
SB ($43.45)
BB ($104.13)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $1. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG (poster) raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $2, Button calls $2, SB (poster) calls $1.50, BB calls $1.

Flop: ($10) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $2</font>, SB calls $2, BB folds, UTG calls $2, Hero calls $2.

Turn: ($18) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $45</font>, Hero calls $104.15 (All-In), SB calls $14.45 (All-In), UTG calls $51 (All-In).

River: ($263.60) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 3 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $263.60

SB has 7h 7d (two pair, sevens and sixes).
UTG has 6h 6d (four of a kind, sixes).
Hero has Th Tc (full house, tens full of sixes).
Outcome: UTG wins $249.45. Hero wins $14.15. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

that is absolutely disgusting.

TheWorstPlayer 12-12-2005 01:31 AM

It is, but the money is too small to really make me wince. I wish higher stakes players would post more beats. Even guys losing coin flips for $10K would make me feel a lot better, actually. El D, where are you? Post more hands...

ggbman 12-12-2005 01:38 AM

I usually refrain, but if its going to make you feel better. Last week 25/50 NL. I have been running like ASS. Chric Daddy cool makes it 200 UTG 5 handed, button calls, i call in the SB with 55. Flop is k95r. (1 heart)i check-call 500. I check shove the 7h turn, and he alls with AKh and spikes a heart on the river. This was after a few beats i posted last weak, so it was pretty annoying. It's all just part of the deal though, don't let it affect you're game, and the $$$ will come back much more quickly.

TheWorstPlayer 12-12-2005 01:45 AM

Thanks, Gabe. You're a superstar. Hopefully you will continue to kick ass in poker and accounting.

ggbman 12-12-2005 01:49 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Although my kicking ass skills are pretty limited to poker and generally don't include anything else that requires an intelligent thought process. Adn poker is mostly because i hit lots of sets [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TheWorstPlayer 12-12-2005 01:53 AM

I still say we need an accouting for poker tutoring swap. Let me know when you're up for it.

beset7 12-12-2005 02:02 AM

Hang in their TWP. I went through the same about 2 months ago (I think I whined in one of the NL forums). I was on the ass-end of set over set 11 times in 6k hands. HOLY BAJESUS!

I started playing less tables and dropped down limits (even though I didn't have to BR wise). It just felt prudent and it worked out well for me. Sorry to hear about your downswing.

PoBoy321 12-12-2005 02:02 AM

Ugh, I completely understand how you feel. I think that the 2+2 game a week or two ago was my last real winning night. Since then, it's just been a long string of either making very good 2nd best hands wih redraws that don't come, or making best hands hat don't hold up.

Tonight, I decided to switch back to full-ring for a little bit while I tried to rethink my game. I limped in MP with JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and ther were a few other limpers including the maniacal small blind. Flop came KQ9, check/check/check, I pot it, SB makes a HUGE overbet check-raise, I call and KQ turn a K to kick my ass. If I had been in the same situation with KQ, I would've blanked on the turn and river.

edge 12-12-2005 02:06 AM

Sup TWP how are you doing?

I have not had a winning session in a month. $17k slide. The only time I get action on big hands (overpairs, sets, KK/AA preflop) is when I'm behind [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I get plenty of action when I'm bluffing though [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Also, TT one-outer guy, what are you doing on that flop? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Actually, the big problem is that I had to take out of my roll for some things and I'm kind of locked out of Party 5/10 for about two weeks and have been for three weeks before that, so I decided to play higher and now my roll is not so good.

TheWorstPlayer 12-12-2005 02:12 AM

Ouch dude, that blows. Makes me feel a lot better, though. I am also frustrated that I am stuck on skins because I can't fund my party account and skins only has 2-3 tables going at any time and they all suck. I have to find a way to fund my stupid Party account. Hope things turn around for you, man.

krazyace5 12-12-2005 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, TT one-outer guy, what are you doing on that flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Slowplay is the new fastplay... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

edge 12-12-2005 09:36 AM

I like how two people check/called a 1/5-pot bet with a set on an A-high board. Don't let KQ beat you for free!

(Also juice the pot so you can get Ax all-in by the river)

Python49 12-12-2005 05:48 PM

50K hands of up and down poker going on 2.5 months now. W00t. Ive tried everything. Tried playing more TAG, playing more LAG, focusing on reads and 2 tabling, playing auto pilot how i always used to win and 4 tabling, played full ring, played short handed, tried limit, sent hands to friends, joined cardrunners, taken numerous breaks, dropped in stakes, etc... im baffled have logged over 150k hands of winning and now its just one vicious cycle of Play good --&gt; feel confident --&gt; get stacked/sucked out on --&gt; lose money --&gt; lose confidence --&gt; tilt --&gt; take a break --&gt; drop in stakes --&gt; feel better --&gt; start playing better --&gt; feel confident --&gt; get stacked --&gt; rinse/repeat

orange 12-12-2005 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, I completely understand how you feel. I think that the 2+2 game a week or two ago was my last real winning night. Since then, it's just been a long string of either making very good 2nd best hands wih redraws that don't come, or making best hands hat don't hold up.

Tonight, I decided to switch back to full-ring for a little bit while I tried to rethink my game. I limped in MP with JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and ther were a few other limpers including the maniacal small blind. Flop came KQ9, check/check/check, I pot it, SB makes a HUGE overbet check-raise, I call and KQ turn a K to kick my ass. If I had been in the same situation with KQ, I would've blanked on the turn and river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe..you made like..16 buyins, no?

sourbeaver 12-12-2005 07:53 PM

Somehow reminds me of the last session I played, which abruptly ended when, in a 5 minutes span, QQQ got beat by 9999 and 888 got beat by 2222.

Crazy game.

edit: bad beats like that do tend to happen in "bunch" for some reason ..

jhall23 12-13-2005 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ouch dude, that blows. Makes me feel a lot better, though. I am also frustrated that I am stuck on skins because I can't fund my party account and skins only has 2-3 tables going at any time and they all suck. I have to find a way to fund my stupid Party account. Hope things turn around for you, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about Eurobet? Don't you have an account there? Mas games now that they are in the pokerroom network. Not sure how good but must be better then Multi/Empire/Inter.

FYI, on party funding. If you have a savings account you can hook that up through IGN, it doesn't have to be a checking account. Saves you the hastle of having to open up a new checking account or somehow trying to get your old neteller changed so you can use it on party.

This is what I did and it works ok. I'd be more then fine with it if my affiliate hadn't been one that got f'd and can't give RB. But now that I don't I wish I just had my old account back which I could use my neteller info on. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Allinlife 12-13-2005 02:43 PM

everyone here should read inside the poker mind

SmackinYaUp 12-17-2005 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
50K hands of up and down poker going on 2.5 months now. W00t. Ive tried everything. Tried playing more TAG, playing more LAG, focusing on reads and 2 tabling, playing auto pilot how i always used to win and 4 tabling, played full ring, played short handed, tried limit, sent hands to friends, joined cardrunners, taken numerous breaks, dropped in stakes, etc... im baffled have logged over 150k hands of winning and now its just one vicious cycle of Play good --&gt; feel confident --&gt; get stacked/sucked out on --&gt; lose money --&gt; lose confidence --&gt; tilt --&gt; take a break --&gt; drop in stakes --&gt; feel better --&gt; start playing better --&gt; feel confident --&gt; get stacked --&gt; rinse/repeat

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you get inside my head!? Only difference between your last 2.5 months and mine is that I almost joined cardrunners but never went through with it. Not that I wish this on anyone, but it sure is nice to see there's other people in the same boat.

Python49 12-17-2005 09:41 PM

So your sessions are like this as well? I am considering posting todays just to rant some more but not sure yet. Enjoy! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

HoldEmKillah 12-17-2005 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
everyone here should read inside the poker mind

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does everyone think this book is so great? I have not read all of it but from what I did read (about half the book) I was not impressed.

12-17-2005 11:24 PM

Don't worry dude, it happens to everyone eventually

here's a little 4.5k downswing of mine recently. Same story, 1-outer (my first ever!), 2-outers, 3-outers etc.

Looking back on the hand histories it was mostly bad luck as far as I can tell. The key is to remember that you are a very good player, and there are many very bad players out there. Just keep on maximizing your EV.