Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Mixed Games in Vegas (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392195)

12-05-2005 09:44 PM

Mixed Games in Vegas

I've heard a bit about the 10/20 mixed game at the Wynn that goes frequently - does anyone have information on this game, or any other mixed games on the Strip (would prefer not to go downtown)? I feel comfortable playing any game except for Pineapple.

goofball 12-05-2005 09:54 PM

Re: Mixed Games in Vegas

Ah the mix game at the Wynn.

Since I've played in it, it always includes:

Stud 8 or better
Deuce to Seven triple draw

It usually includes
Omaha 8 or better
Razz
Crazy Pineapple 8 or better

It rarely includes
Stud
Holdem

12-05-2005 09:59 PM

Thanks! Sounds interesting. Unfortunately I don't plan on playing much poker this time around (going there this weekend), but I'll make sure to check it out when I'm there next. Triple Draw and Stud 8/b are two of my stronger games. How is the competition, and when does it run?

Photoc 12-06-2005 01:26 AM

The Aladdin held a HORSED game this past thursday (E for Omaha Eight). I believe it is scheduled for this thursday with quite a few on the list already for it. 4/8 limit.

jba 12-06-2005 01:33 AM

HORSED

D= 27 triple draw? or am i an idiot

12-06-2005 02:19 AM

in this case at the Aladdin the "D" was $1-5 5 card draw.

Spook 12-06-2005 02:43 AM

ok, if the e is for Omaha eight... what is the o for? Limit Omaha? gah.

Howard Burroughs 12-06-2005 03:09 AM

"ok, if the e is for Omaha eight... what is the o for? Limit Omaha? gah."

Yea, they tried to pull that backwoods Alabama HORSE on me when I played at the Aladdin. I told 'em, "Omaha high I'll play, but it can't be HORSE without stud/8". So we played the real Horse with an extra "O". Hold'em, O/8, Razz, Stud (High), 8 or better Stud, Omaha (high).

This was two weeks ago and I see they have now done away with Stud/8 again in their HORSE game (If I'm reading Photoc's post right). WTF?

Howard Burroughs 12-06-2005 03:29 AM

Hi Randi,

Nice playing the Aladdin red chip game with you a couple of weeks back.

Question.....

How's the drop-in traffic in the Aladdin mixed game?

When I played it, it was fun but we were mostly 4 handed. Thanks for any feedback.

Howard

Don Olney 12-06-2005 10:06 AM

Howard, the mixed game last week had a good drop in from the traffic ----while it did not run as long as I would have liked it did run from about 6:00 pm till around 1:00 am-(close to it any way)
Draw is being taken out of the mix, will be adding something else from what I here---Most all games are up to talk to see what will be and not be in---Stud 8 was left out because 8 out of 10 that started the game last Thursday HAD NO IDEA WHAT STUD 8 was. Oh well......

Spook 12-06-2005 01:51 PM

ten people?
ummm. did they sit out two for the stud rounds or what?
as bad as this sounds, I might want to go.
and when does it start? Thursday at 6? do I need to call ahead if I want to play?

Photoc 12-06-2005 02:13 PM

The 2 people behind the button sat out, and the button rotated to show who had to sit out. As for the list, there was a 4+ hour waiting list for the game. 20something on the list . When they offered to open a second game, most of those players refused to leave the games they were in unless they got on the "main table", LOL. You'll have to call ahead to find out the details I guess.

Howard Burroughs 12-06-2005 02:48 PM

Thanks for the feedback Don & Photoc.

Hope to see you guys soon!

Howard