Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AQ 50NL (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405263)

orange 12-26-2005 04:28 AM

AQ 50NL

$.25/.50 homegame. 6 handed. Hand happened a little while back, so forgive me if details are a bit sketchy.

Hero (TAG) has $70 and covers villan(who has $40). Villan is usually solid, c-bets 95% of the time, and is a good player. He has good hand values, good sense of value betting, etc. He has had a rough run of cards and has lost some of his stack.

PF: All fold to villan (in LP) who raises to $2. Hero calls on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. All else fold. 2 to the flop.

($4.75)Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villan leads for $3. Hero calls $3.

($10.75)Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villan checks. Hero checks.

($10.75)River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villan bets $5. Hero calls $5.

Raise this flop always? I thought I was (far) ahead of all his possible holdings and see if he would fire a 2nd barrel. Played too passively? I checked the turn to hit my heart. Too weak here?

Fallen Hero 12-26-2005 04:32 AM

Re: AQ 50NL

[ QUOTE ]
$.25/.50 homegame. 6 handed. Hand happened a little while back, so forgive me if details are a bit sketchy.

Hero (TAG) has $70 and covers villan(who has $40). Villan is usually solid, c-bets 95% of the time, and is a good player. He has good hand values, good sense of value betting, etc. He has had a rough run of cards and has lost some of his stack.

PF: All fold to villan (in LP) who raises to $2. Hero calls on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. All else fold. 2 to the flop.

($4.75)Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villan leads for $3. Hero calls $3.

($10.75)Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villan checks. Hero checks.

($10.75)River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villan bets $5. Hero calls $5.

Raise this flop always? I thought I was (far) ahead of all his possible holdings and see if he would fire a 2nd barrel. Played too passively? I checked the turn to hit my heart. Too weak here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play it the same, lame you can't get more value out of the very likely best hand but I don't think you should play it any different.

12-26-2005 04:38 AM

I do bet the turn for pot. I think you are far ahead of villain's hand range.

12-26-2005 04:38 AM

If hes c-betting 95% of the time im raising him on the flop. Other then that it looks fine to me, especially if your home games are anything like mine are.

Fallen Hero 12-26-2005 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If hes c-betting 95% of the time im raising him on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain that logic

ajmargarine 12-26-2005 04:44 AM

I like the flop call. I think I would bet the turn for ~$7 or so. You got TPTK and the nut flush draw. Bet it now in case you do hit the flush, as that would likely kill your action.

12-26-2005 04:45 AM

Looks too timid. On flop the call is okay, raise could have been in order too,(its a good opportunty to build agresive image). If villain is agresive player and your thoughts were to induce a river bluff your check isn't bad, but ud have to feel strongly that he bet out, otherwise a 1/2-2/3 pot bet is in order. Either way i think you should have 2x-3x river. The only realistic hands that beat you are kk-AA or a set (88/1010/QQ) but based on the turn check i would put him on bluff (with what ahnd hed raise and Cb late position) or k-q/q-j maybe. Either way, river raise is a freeroll if bluff and it puts pressure on him if he holds k-q or q-j (an it builds your agres image). What were results?

Fallen Hero 12-26-2005 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks too timid. On flop the call is okay, raise could have been in order too,(its a good opportunty to build agresive image). If villain is agresive player and your thoughts were to induce a river bluff your check isn't bad, but ud have to feel strongly that he bet out, otherwise a 1/2-2/3 pot bet is in order. Either way i think you should have 2x-3x river. The only realistic hands that beat you are kk-AA or a set (88/1010/QQ) but based on the turn check i would put him on bluff (with what ahnd hed raise and Cb late position) or k-q/q-j maybe. Either way, river raise is a freeroll if bluff and it puts pressure on him if he holds k-q or q-j (an it builds your agres image). What were results?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate betting a good hand when I'm representing a great hand. If you raise here you're not representing tptk, you're representing a flush, so you'll only be called by a solid player here if he thinks you're bluffing (wich probably isn't likely given hero's image). There's almost no value in raising the river.

orange 12-26-2005 06:44 AM

Say that instead of the given action, the action goes
Flop- villan leads/hero raises/villan calls
Turn- villan checks/...

Is this a clear check behind? (This is given the same cards on flop/turn).

Fallen Hero 12-26-2005 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Say that instead of the given action, the action goes
Flop- villan leads/hero raises/villan calls
Turn- villan checks/...

Is this a clear check behind? (This is given the same cards on flop/turn).

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, you have the Ah and besides KQ there isn't much villain is calling with on the turn. I don't think this is the time to get greedy.

12-26-2005 09:23 AM

A player that has 95% cbets who checks the turn is almost always going to be weak unless he his known for being tricky. Since he raised preflop he presumably has some kind of hand and the board is draw heavy, I'd bet a few dollars and see if he'll call. This also makes it more tempting for him to bluff the river.

orange 12-26-2005 02:59 PM

Thanks for responses. I think I should have bet the turn, mainly for value. Villan flips over Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and MHIG.

-Skeme- 12-26-2005 03:04 PM

Bet turn for sure.