Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Shipping the Preorders of Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=100256)

imported_Chuck Weinstock 07-06-2004 06:44 AM

Shipping the Preorders of Small Stakes Hold\'em

As Mason has said, Small Stakes Hold'em is due on July 15. In preparation for this, over this coming weekend ConJelCo will be charging credit cards orders. This will allow us to prepare to begin shipping the books as soon as they arrive from the printer. (Orders paid by PayPal, Neteller, or received checks or money orders will also be ready to ship at this time.)

Chuck

SA-Bishop 07-06-2004 12:03 PM

Re: Shipping the Preorders of Small Stakes Hold\'em

thanks for the update

MarkD 07-06-2004 12:38 PM

Pre-order\'s still available?

Are pre-order's still available or should I wait until it's officially released? I procrastinated but meant to pre-order.

We order them through the 2+2 site correct? Or do we go direct to conjelco site?

imported_Chuck Weinstock 07-06-2004 12:49 PM

Re: Pre-order\'s still available? Yes!

As long as we don't exhaust Mason's first printing, pre-orders are definitely still available. You can order through here or through ConJelCo. Your order will be priced and shipped the same.

I can guarantee that orders placed (and paid for) before this weekend will be shipped as quickly as possible after the books arrive. Most likely we'll be able to get orders out immediately as long as they are in by the 14th.

Chuck

vulturesrow 07-06-2004 01:53 PM

Chuck,

I preordered with a credit card, is there any way to shift my payment method to Neteller?

Thank you,
Chris

Tosh 07-06-2004 02:13 PM

What about non US orders ? Will they be out at the same time or shipped at a later date ?

jasonHoldEm 07-06-2004 03:22 PM

Chuck,

Just wanted to say that you run a great show. Can't wait for the book.

Peace and thanks,
J

scalf 07-06-2004 05:50 PM

Re: Shipping the Preorders of Small Stakes Hold\'em..

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] i hope ya got my double order; i gotta get this book..

tia

scalf

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

shadow29 07-06-2004 07:20 PM

Contemplating a preorder

Why should I preorder?

Why shouldn't I just go to Borders and get one?

Thanks!

Easy E 07-06-2004 07:54 PM

Until you can post on the Borders poker forum

...supporting the company that allows you to read this might be helpful...

astroglide 07-06-2004 08:26 PM

pre-ordered via paypal, looking forward to it

shadow29 07-06-2004 11:35 PM

Re: Until you can post on the Borders poker forum

Does a preorder do that? I am honestly just looking for info here, not trying to do whatever. If it supports 2+2 more than going to Borders give me a link!

BradleyT 07-07-2004 12:09 AM

It definitely supports 2+2 by pre-ordering from here.

Order Form

Blindfolk 07-07-2004 12:56 AM

Just buy from whatever store/site you feel comfortable at. Don't feel like you have some allegiance to this site that trumps everything else.

xxx 07-07-2004 06:02 PM

I thought about just picking one up at Borders, but went ahead and put in my preorder here. Supporting this site is worth the hit on shipping.

theghost 07-08-2004 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...went ahead and put in my preorder here. Supporting this site is worth the hit on shipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

benfranklin 07-08-2004 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought about just picking one up at Borders, but went ahead and put in my preorder here. Supporting this site is worth the hit on shipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure there is a hit on shipping in the end. The Conjelco price is discounted, so their price plus their shipping is about the same as the cover price. And you don't have to pay sales tax. It all depends on whether Borders or whoever is selling the book at the cover price or at some discount. Most B&M book stores don't discount 2+2 books much, if at all.

jdl22 07-08-2004 06:28 PM

I think the prices here are cheaper than Borders. For example, I bought TPFAP at Borders and paid the cover price of 29.95. There was no sales tax because I live in Oregon. Here it's 23.95. I don't know shipping but I assume it's not 6 bucks in particular if you order several books at once it's much cheaper.

From now on I'll be making my purchases here.

sthief09 07-08-2004 07:20 PM

I got TPFAP on Amazon for $20 I think

TRWIII 07-08-2004 07:59 PM

My own personal preference for fleshing out my poker library is overstock.com (good shipping rates) or buy.com (a little better prices, a little worse shipping). The new book isnt likely to hit either site for a nice long while though.

Just my 2 cents,
TRWIII

imported_Chuck Weinstock 07-08-2004 08:28 PM

Send me a request (right away) to cancel the inital order and then place a new order using Neteller.

Chuck

imported_Chuck Weinstock 07-08-2004 08:28 PM

We'll ship all orders, whether foreign or domestic, as soon as possible after the book comes in.

Chuck

scalf 07-09-2004 07:37 AM

Re: Shipping the Preorders of Small Stakes Hold\'em.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]..ok, ok, we believe ya chuck..

but hey, how about going by date joined 2 + 2 , shipping those longest with 2 + 2 the first?

lol

we appreciate your hard work..

gl

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

fsuplayer 07-09-2004 01:31 PM

Chuck-
I just ordered my copy. Will it be at my house before I leave for Vegas on the 31st?

Hey, maybe I can get mine signed by the NPA himself! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

fsuplayer

smalltymer 07-09-2004 05:07 PM

Where do i go to pre-order?
thanks

uuDevil 07-09-2004 05:23 PM

This is the same as the link on the left side pannel:

Order Form

Kovner 07-10-2004 07:16 PM

I pre-ordered my book on amazon, as per the Email twoplustwo sent me. Should I expect my book to come in later? If so, I would probably cancel that preorder and preorder from ConJelCo

Mason Malmuth 07-10-2004 09:16 PM

Hi Kovner:

The email that you received was not from Two Plus Two Publishing LLC.

Best wishes,
mason

Kovner 07-11-2004 05:39 AM

Ok. Sorry for my journalistic error. I must have assumed at the time that twoplustwo sent it to me. It was a few weeks back.
So, the question still stands: Will amazon ship the book later than ConJelCo?

Edit: Ok, I looked at my amazon order. It was actually a 3rd party order and the 3rd party seller was professionalpoker.com. I went to that site, and it had a ConJelCo logo on it. Does this mean I ordered from ConjelCo and I should stop worrying?

Mason Malmuth 07-11-2004 06:10 AM

Both Professional Poker and ConJelCo will get the book as soon as we have it, and they will both receive it at the same time.

best wishes,
mason

Leo Bello 07-11-2004 10:26 AM

I live in Brazil so the shipping costs weights when I decide to buy some book (goes around 25 to 30 dollars, the price of one book itself). So, normally when I decide to buy, to be worth, I must buy 2 or 3 books and place them in the same shipping instead of buying them one by one.

Question: if I pre-order together with a couple other books will it be able to ship together?
Or the pre-order will only accept Small Stakes?

Mason Malmuth 07-11-2004 02:53 PM

Hi Leo:

I believe all books will ship together. but to be sure, you may want to PM or email Chuck.

best wishes,
mason

Easy E 07-12-2004 11:34 AM

Conjelco usually gives you an option

to hold for one shipment or split them up

Bogglor 07-12-2004 11:51 AM

Re: Conjelco usually gives you an option

I want to order SSHE but I am moving soon. If I place my order today from Conjelco, should I have the book sent to my new address or my current one? Basically -- when is the estimated ship date? If it's July 15, I should receive it before my move-out date (July 23), I'd imagine. If the ship date for the preorders is nebulous, I'm probably better holding off.

MicroBob 07-12-2004 01:51 PM

hi.....i have 3 pre-orders of the book and have some small requests regarding delivery.

i'm going to be on vacation in afghanistan on July 17-18. is it possible to have the book shipped to reach me at the Holiday Inn there? will there be problems getting it through customs because officials will become confused and think it is terrorist-code?

after that perhaps you can have the next copy shipped to me directly at the top of Mt. Everest somewhere between July 19-21. i hear the games are reasonably loose up there.

after that i will be attending the olympics in greece throughout august. can i have it shipped to me directly in my seat at the gold-medal soccer final. i am in section G, row 14, seat 6.
i have also already pre-ordered a pizza from domino's for this same location. to save on shipping, i think it would be more convenient to have the book delivered WITH the pizza. would there be any objections to letting the pizza-delivery guy bring the book with him?? do you know if i should be concerned about this method?? i don't want to get tomato-sauce on the book.

thank you for your consideration on this matter.

by the way....i'm really looking forward to receiving the book.

MicroBob 07-12-2004 01:54 PM

Re: Contemplating a preorder

[ QUOTE ]
Why should I preorder?

Why shouldn't I just go to Borders and get one?

[/ QUOTE ]

because they aren't at borders yet.

i'm assuming that pre-ordering here means we will get them a little bit faster....but perhaps they will be appearing on the shelves in all the major book stores on the very same day.

MercTec 07-12-2004 06:56 PM

Thats my question. Will it be in bookstores before or after I would receive it pre-ordering it here? Price is not the issue, its getting it in my greedy paws the quickest way possible.

Stew 07-12-2004 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats my question. Will it be in bookstores before or after I would receive it pre-ordering it here? Price is not the issue, its getting it in my greedy paws the quickest way possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was addressed somewhere by mason, but I can't find the post. Pre-orders will be shipped ASAP, he felt that Borders/Amazon would probably have the books about two weeks or so after the pre-orders shipped and B&N another two or so after that.

Wada 07-12-2004 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm going to be on vacation in afghanistan on July 17-18.

[/ QUOTE ]

A vacation in Afghanistan during this time period???
You must be in military and being sarcastic with the word "vacation."

TimM 07-12-2004 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If price is not the issue, you should pre-order, and if you see it in a store before you receive it, buy it.