Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   anyone else pissed off at that rapper for saying bush doesnt care..... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=331849)

09-07-2005 06:11 PM

anyone else pissed off at that rapper for saying bush doesnt care.....

about a certain group of people... That really pissed me off, how could he say something like that on national TV. He was the rapper standing next to Mike Myers.

playersare 09-07-2005 06:15 PM

Re: anyone else pissed off at that rapper for saying bush doesnt care.

oh so you know Mike Myers by name but the other guy is just "the rapper". how telling.

09-07-2005 06:18 PM

yea thats right got a problem with it?

Rick

colgin 09-07-2005 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh so you know Mike Myers by name but the other guy is just "the rapper". how telling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am told that the "rapper" was Kanye West.

09-07-2005 06:28 PM

OK Kanye West, anyway, my point is... How does everyone feel about what he said?

PS Anyone else here from Denver?

Rick

B Dids 09-07-2005 06:45 PM

Re: anyone else pissed off at that rapper for saying bush doesnt care.....

I find it repugnant when people post in the wrong forum.

(and when people actually say things that are true instead of reading bullshit off of a telepromter, all of that honesty apalled me and made me cry)

On the real, George Bush doesn't care about black people or any other group of people that won't help him get another republican elected in 2008.

arod4276 09-07-2005 06:57 PM

Cant get very mad when its very true

jdl22 09-07-2005 07:05 PM

I'm more upset that what the guy said is correct.

yvesaint 09-07-2005 07:14 PM

Yeah, I'm really pissed at what that guy said!! [censored] his opinion!!

Niediam 09-07-2005 08:50 PM

What he said is clearly true... without even considering anything relating to the Katrina disaster. If you don't think so then go live in any major city's ghetto for a year and then lets talk.

BottlesOf 09-07-2005 10:07 PM

I'm more pissed that you don't know his name. I'm not kidding.

MEbenhoe 09-07-2005 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What he said is clearly true... without even considering anything relating to the Katrina disaster. If you don't think so then go live in any major city's ghetto for a year and then lets talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right, Bush created ghettos.

Dave Mac 09-07-2005 11:10 PM

shut up, you are a moron.
dave

burningyen 09-08-2005 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PS Anyone else here from Denver?

[/ QUOTE ]
Comic gold.

Edge34 09-08-2005 02:27 AM

1) I was pissed about how Kanye went off. Posted about it in the OOT thread that happened all of 3 days ago or something....not pissed because he voiced his opinion, but pissed about the time and place. That was neither.

2) For those who say, "he's right"...first, take it to Politics. Second...no, he's not. Not in the least.

benkahuna 09-08-2005 02:40 AM

I like how you continue a political discussion and then make sure you get in the last word, but tell others to move it elsewhere. What amazingly clever rhetorical technique!

Name one single thing that Bush has done for the Black community.

There are a number of things about Bush that are debateable. As for his record related to the black community, his record speaks for himself and is completely unambiguous.

Edge34 09-08-2005 02:47 AM

I'mnot going to continue it here, but I'd like you to tell me one thing he's done specifically AGAINST the black community. In the politics forum. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Niediam 09-08-2005 04:45 AM

What a rediculous statement. I never said nor implied that the ghettos were created by Bush.

benkahuna 09-08-2005 05:05 AM

He made a straw man argument because it's easier than addressing your comment.

MicroBob 09-08-2005 05:42 AM

I think one can make a fair guess as to what would have happened if a similar tragedy struck a bunch of rich, white people somewhere.

Would thousands of people be left to suffer (and die) without any food and wallow in their own feces (like those who were struggling at NO conv-ctr) if they were rich and white??
There was nobody showing up to help them for several freaking days. They were just stuck there dying and piling bodies up in the freezer.

If it was a bunch of rich, white people one might guess there would be a higher likelihood that 10,000 paratroopers would descend upon the place with care-packages and medical supplies.

It is difficult to comprehend the enormity of how badly this whole thing was fouled-up.
Prior to this happening like it did I would NEVER have thought something like this was possible in the richest country in the world.

I know it's a huge area with a LOT of people that were in trouble and that the flood-waters everywhere made travel VERY difficult....but the situation WAS controllable if there hadn't been such an extraordinary delay in getting various forces down there.
It's truly mind-boggling...and I find the delayed response by our govt to people in need to be almost as sickening as the actual loss of roughly 10k lives in this disaster.

dibbs 09-08-2005 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
about a certain group of people... That really pissed me off, how could he say something like that on national TV. He was the rapper standing next to Mike Myers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Politics forum, yo. Complaining about statements you view as ignorant may be solidified by not being ignorant about the people who actually said them, btw.

WDC 09-08-2005 09:52 AM

Pissed me off. Becuase he forgot to mention that Busch doesn't care about brown people or yellow people or white people for the most part.

xadrez 09-08-2005 09:54 AM

Nope, Im actually going to buy his new album as opposed to downloading it for free because of what he said!

CCovington 09-08-2005 10:40 AM

I guess the government (Bush) handing out free $2,000 debit cards is nothing right?

I guess you already know that the day after the Hurricane Bush was in Louisiana with a plan for the federal government to step in and start cleaning up this mess but was told by the Louisiana governor that they would need 24 hours to "think about it."

No matter how you feel about it, the man picked a bad time and place to say what he did.

tdarko 09-08-2005 10:55 AM

who gives a [censored] if FirstBase didn't know Kanye's name? i am sick of every [censored]' celebrity using their celebrity as a platform to speak their ill advised mind. it wasn't the time or the place.

when things go wrong you support your people, sure you can hate bush or whoever else you think is the problem [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] but that doesnt really matter when it's going down, what matter's is the problem at hand and helping the people. just like during war everyone is quick to judge a president rather than support our troops and pray for them to come home safely. after the war you can say whatever the [censored] you want, until then you are an american and you support them and shut the [censored] up.

kanye is a moron and doesn't know [censored]. flame me if you want but are we really going to listen to kanye's words? come on, he is a musical mastermind that comes up with sick beats and p diddy lyrics.

anyway, i wish people would just stop using their celebrity status to show how [censored] stupid they really are.

xadrez 09-08-2005 10:57 AM

Keep marching lock-step buddy.

ghostwriter 09-08-2005 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess the government (Bush) handing out free $2,000 debit cards is nothing right?

I guess you already know that the day after the Hurricane Bush was in Louisiana with a plan for the federal government to step in and start cleaning up this mess but was told by the Louisiana governor that they would need 24 hours to "think about it."

No matter how you feel about it, the man picked a bad time and place to say what he did.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of propaganda is this? He's the President. I'll be damned if I'm the president and I tell somebody to do something and they tell me, "I'll think about it."

B Dids 09-08-2005 11:50 AM

The best thing about this is that it's become a great metric that I can use to judge people.

If they actually got worked up by it, there's a high likelyhood that they're an idiot.

If they just laughed, agree or disagree, then they're probably ok even if their politics suck.

FrankStallone 09-08-2005 02:28 PM

Bush doesn't care about poor people (that much).. and I would have listened to Kanye West but I happen to see all of his videos, and he makes it clear to make one type of person the villin in all but one or two of his racist videos. So I tune him out and try to remember that not all people are like him. I do the same with Bush. The local government lack of precautionary measures as well as Femas reaction time made it so much worse. generators on the first floors of hospitals??? No set high points or emergency water and food rations for the masses in case of the Enevitable flood that has been forcasted for years in a city well below sea level.

meow_meow 09-08-2005 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who gives a [censored] if FirstBase didn't know Kanye's name? i am sick of every [censored]' celebrity using their celebrity as a platform to speak their ill advised mind. it wasn't the time or the place.

when things go wrong you support your people, sure you can hate bush or whoever else you think is the problem [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] but that doesnt really matter when it's going down, what matter's is the problem at hand and helping the people. just like during war everyone is quick to judge a president rather than support our troops and pray for them to come home safely. after the war you can say whatever the [censored] you want, until then you are an american and you support them and shut the [censored] up.

kanye is a moron and doesn't know [censored]. flame me if you want but are we really going to listen to kanye's words? come on, he is a musical mastermind that comes up with sick beats and p diddy lyrics.

anyway, i wish people would just stop using their celebrity status to show how [censored] stupid they really are.

[/ QUOTE ]

This kind of "my country, right or wrong" attitude disturbs me immensely.

09-08-2005 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He made a straw man argument because it's easier than addressing your comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. I think his point was that ghettos / black poverty were problems before Bush. BTW, I don't think Bush is racist at all. He put two African Amer. in high positions in his administration in Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell. I do think however, that the federal response to the Hurricane and its victims was deplorable and Bush deserves some blame for that, but I don't think his motives were racist. Obviously, Kanye West was speaking out of pain and frustration.

TimTimSalabim 09-08-2005 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of propaganda is this? He's the President. I'll be damned if I'm the president and I tell somebody to do something and they tell me, "I'll think about it."

[/ QUOTE ]

Give Bush a break. He probably just didn't realize that Louisiana is one of our 50 states.

MEbenhoe 09-08-2005 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What a rediculous statement. I never said nor implied that the ghettos were created by Bush.

[/ QUOTE ]

You said, if you disagree with the fact that bush doesn't care about blacks go live in a ghetto for a year and then lets talk. Ghettos have been bad to live in long before Bush was ever president and have been around in some form for long before this country was even created. They are a fact of life. Yet your statement very strongly implies that Bush is somehow responsible for the bad living conditions in the ghetto. Therefore my statement was not ridiculous in any way.

benkahuna 09-08-2005 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Give Bush a break. He probably just didn't realize that Louisiana is one of our 50 states.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH

benkahuna 09-08-2005 09:04 PM

Bush, as the chief executive of the US is ultimately responsible for how federal agencies carry out their duties. The buck stops there. The man takes zero responsibility for anything bad that happens, yet he's the most powerful person in the country--hardly seems fair.

FEMA didn't think that the levee would break (despite serious warnings from engineers), didn't have disaster relief efforts in position before the hurricane (despite many days warning), didn't consider the need to evacuate tens of thousands of people that were essentially immobile, and could generally be regarded as incompetent in the relief effort. A large group of Canadians arrived to help before the major part of US operations made it to the Gulf Coast. That's disgraceful.

Due to budgetary and strategic decision-making, considerably smaller amounts of money went to FEMA to work on disaster relief, much more proportionally went toward fighting terrorist efforts. Having final veto power essentially put Bush in charge of the budget.

This was a [censored] up of colossal proportions and there is a reason there's going to be a congressional inquiry into the matter--and it's not standard policy for Congress to just investigate any old thing, particularly when the legislative branch is run by the same party as the executive (who blew the relief efforts). There's a reason the governor of Louisana was essentially furious with Bush for a time. Probably only stopped being so mad when Bush told her she needed to calm the [censored] down if she wanted any help.

Perhaps the lamest, most short-sighted thing here was to build a large city in an area frequently hit by hurricanes below sea level and dependent upon man made structures to remain above water and not expect disaster to eventually strike.

2000 debit cards is a token gesture at best to people that have lost everything they have, including their jobs.

And when you're floating face down in those filthy waters, dead, 2000 bucks isn't even going to afford you a nice funeral.

Niediam 09-08-2005 09:10 PM

Saying that Bush created ghettos is certainly different from saying Bush is responsible for the living conditions in ghettos which is again different from saying that Bush could take various steps such as inproving the school, making it hard to obtain firearms, improving the conditions of run down houses, etc (which he obviously hasn't)to improve these ghettos.

That's quite the runon sentense I have there. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

benkahuna 09-08-2005 09:19 PM

That's Bush's fault. He's been a terrible example for good grammar, at least in unedited pubhlic appearances.

Quicksilvre 09-08-2005 09:53 PM

Not pissed off, but Kanye probably picked a bad spot here.

The "Bush doesn't care about black people" thing is debatable. On one hand, the post-hurricane efforts were terribly inadequate, but I think you have to spread blame between the city, the state, and the Feds. Amongst the Feds, the blame has to be spread between Bush and FEMA. So, he can take a part of a part of the blame, but not all of it.

I'd agree with him more if he said that FEMA and the Louisiana folks didn't care about black folks either...but that's too simplistic. I think the poor part contributed to the indifference than the race part. Given that racism contributes to poverty, I think's it's spot on to say racism indirectly contributed to the poor response, but a direct effect is more tedious to prove.

Aytumious 09-09-2005 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This kind of "my country, right or wrong" attitude disturbs me immensely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. This kind of blind following of authority nauseates me.

Dan Mezick 09-09-2005 09:18 AM

Or, maybe he notices that Louisiana has a distinctly French heritage.