Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Dear Subway Restaurants... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=297626)

CallMeIshmael 07-21-2005 03:23 PM

Dear Subway Restaurants...

We get it.

He was fat. He's not fat now. He ate a lot of your subs.

Let it go.

dtbog 07-21-2005 03:24 PM

Re: Dear Subway Restaurants...

[ QUOTE ]
We get it.

Let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

RacersEdge 07-21-2005 03:25 PM

I actually thought his congressional hearing ad was pretty good.

wayabvpar 07-21-2005 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We get it.

Let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic.

Wes ManTooth 07-21-2005 03:27 PM

The first year after airing him in commercials Subway's profits went up 20%... I am sure they will not get rid of him soon.

...is annoying though

PorscheNGuns 07-21-2005 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The first year after airing him in commercials, Subway's profits went up 20%... I am sure they will not get rid of him soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

No, really, FYP

djoyce003 07-21-2005 03:42 PM

i liked how they casually mentioned he walked to subway to get his meal. I wonder how much of the weight loss was the subs, and how much was walking his fat ass approx 1 mile each way to get the sub.

jakethebake 07-21-2005 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i liked how they casually mentioned he walked to subway to get his meal. I wonder how much of the weight loss was the subs, and how much was walking his fat ass approx 1 mile each way to get the sub.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder how much of it is the fact that it's not possible to ever finish one of their nasty sandwiches.

utmt40 07-21-2005 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We get it.

Let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your my hero!

Crveballin 07-21-2005 05:43 PM

Quizno's > Subway

RunDownHouse 07-21-2005 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He walked about 10 feet. When he was at IU, he was incredibly, grotesquely obese. They put a Subway in about 10 feet from his front door. I believe that the McDonalds that he frequented more than once daily moved out of their current location or out of the student cafeteria or something like that as well, although I'm not positive.

Jared didn't start eating Subway because he was sick of being fat. He started because he was a fat, lazy waste and liked it that way. Only when he realized that he was losing tons of weight - that will happen when you replace 3 Quarter Pounders with one sub - did he decide to pursue a healthier lifestyle.

-Skeme- 07-21-2005 06:02 PM

The commercials don't really bother me. I really want a sub now, though.

meep_42 07-21-2005 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or that he was only eating like 1100 calories a day.

-d

Crveballin 07-21-2005 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats one delicious Chipotle burrito

meep_42 07-21-2005 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats one delicious Chipotle burrito

[/ QUOTE ]

And we have a dinner selection...

-d

TheCroShow 07-21-2005 07:09 PM

i wonder how much tang jared gets with the success he has had with subway, probably more successful than any of the haters! =p

MrFeelNothin 07-21-2005 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he walked a mile two to and from the store twice each day but the bigger factor is that he basically starved himself.

1 6" veggie for lunch

1 6" turkey for dinner

and a bag of low-fat chips with one of the meals, I don't remember which.

MrFeelNothin 07-21-2005 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quizno's > Subway

[/ QUOTE ]

Not as far as profitability goes.

Sorry bud, Subway is the most efficient fast-food restaurant and they are here for the long-haul.

Russ McGinley 07-21-2005 07:23 PM

I think it was proven that Jared has Aides which is why he lost so much weight.

Crveballin 07-21-2005 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quizno's > Subway

[/ QUOTE ]

Not as far as profitability goes.

Sorry bud, Subway is the most efficient fast-food restaurant and they are here for the long-haul.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as food is considered Quizno's is > Subway. For the price / health Subway is better. I take the more proactive approach and workout so I dont have to eat low fat foods inorder to stay healthy.

-Skeme- 07-21-2005 07:41 PM

A Quizno's just opened right near my house, I've never had so I'll have to check it out. I heard they're expensive as hell.

kyro 07-21-2005 07:46 PM

Pretty expensive, but I've become hooked. I still really enjoy Subway though. Their commercials annoy me now, however.

MrTrik 07-21-2005 07:47 PM

Yes, if you are hungry they are expensive. Stay away from the angus beef sandwhich if you don't want your beef slathered in some sweet and sour type BBQ sauce. Or ask them not to put it on there and haggle with them for something else. The one near my house doesn't like any substitutions on sauce whatsoever. I don't get it and so I don't go there anymore.

KJS 07-21-2005 09:11 PM

Does anyone actually eat Subway subs without mayo, cheese or any of the other things that make a sandwhich taste good? Make a salad already.

KJS

CallMeIshmael 07-21-2005 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone actually eat Subway subs without mayo, cheese or any of the other things that make a sandwhich taste good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

scotty34 07-21-2005 09:20 PM

Do you remember the Subway commercials before they started using Jared. They were so terrible that we would actually get angry when they came on. I much prefer Jared to the previous ads.

pokerdirty 07-21-2005 10:09 PM

every time i think of subway, i'm reminded of happy gilmore....

now that was a great commercial...
where adam sandler hits the 1' sub into the guys mouth.
"now that's what i call a hole-in-one!"

nervous 07-21-2005 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quizno's < Subway

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you hit the wrong key...

ihardlyknowher 07-21-2005 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quizno's < Subway

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you hit the wrong key...

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be f*cking joking. Subway uses the same lunch meat my elementary school in the ghetto used. Quizno's rules!

Crveballin 07-21-2005 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quizno's > Subway

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you hit the nail on the head ...

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

ChoicestHops 07-21-2005 10:52 PM

Subway has some good food, but it's overpriced. You pay for veggies and bread with a couple of oz of meat.

They gotta stop the "fresh" advertising. Having your toppings, veggies, and meat pre-packed and shipped to the store is not fresh food. Fresh food is a deli or even Arby's where you slice the meat, tomatoes, onions, and etc every morning.

Firehouse Subs > Quiznos > Subway, and no it's not close.

cbfair 07-22-2005 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He walked about 10 feet. When he was at IU, he was incredibly, grotesquely obese. They put a Subway in about 10 feet from his front door. I believe that the McDonalds that he frequented more than once daily moved out of their current location or out of the student cafeteria or something like that as well, although I'm not positive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I once read a sign in the Subway at Kinser Pike (in Bloomington) that it is the specific location he walked to every day during his miraculous weight loss. That store isn't 10 feet from anywhere and he definately would've walked some distance to get there.

[ QUOTE ]
Jared didn't start eating Subway because he was sick of being fat. He started because he was a fat, lazy waste and liked it that way. Only when he realized that he was losing tons of weight - that will happen when you replace 3 Quarter Pounders with one sub - did he decide to pursue a healthier lifestyle.

[/ QUOTE ]

That may or may not be true but in any event the ad campaign has been succesful for years but is now pretty grating and used up.

wonderwes 07-22-2005 04:14 AM

http://www.alluvium.com/~wes/jared1.jpg
http://www.alluvium.com/~wes/jared2.jpg