Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   semi bluff makes it oop, 200nl 6max (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=322013)

Voltron87 08-24-2005 03:18 PM

semi bluff makes it oop, 200nl 6max

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

BB ($81.70)
UTG ($109.95)
Hero ($196.40)
CO ($50)
Button ($246.27)
SB ($193.70)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, Button calls $8, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($19) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, Button calls $15.

Turn: ($49) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $30</font>, hero raises all in for 180 or so, button folds

Final Pot: 250 or so

I feel like I really botched this. That's all. I checkraised all in on the turn, if my edits werent clear.

ScottTheFish 08-24-2005 03:25 PM

Re: semi bluff makes it oop, 200nl 6max

Call the turn? Or at least raise a lot less. maybe to 80 or so.

Call is probably best. The K is probably a scare card for him, and there really isn't a river card that can worry you much.

-Skeme- 08-24-2005 03:31 PM

What do you think calls your all in? Not much. You have a virtual lock on this hand, an all in is pretty much butchering it. Just a raise a normal amount of you're gonna CR, jamming lets too many hands get away.

08-24-2005 03:35 PM

i like a check min-raise better here, plenty of players with any piece or a weaker flush draw will call you, and he probably wont call any decent river bet anyway, i think this is your only chance to get any more chips out of him unless he pairs an ace on the river or hits his set....personally i put villian on 88-99 here, but i personally dont play

08-24-2005 03:36 PM

Who said raise to $80-ish on the turn? That looks right.

Voltron87 08-24-2005 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you think calls your all in? Not much. You have a virtual lock on this hand, an all in is pretty much butchering it. Just a raise a normal amount of you're gonna CR, jamming lets too many hands get away.

[/ QUOTE ]

i had been pretty laggy, i was raising a lot and had two bluffs (in smaller 15-20ish pots) shown up. but given the way the hand played out the K was not a great card for him so i screwed myself over.

does anyone prefer check calling check raising the river?

elus2 08-24-2005 04:01 PM

lead the turn and the river for 3/4 pot each time. if he's drawing to a lower flush or oesd you don't want him checking behind on the turn. if he's loose enough he might call you down with 1 pair.

TheWorstPlayer 08-24-2005 04:03 PM

Um...bet the turn? Perfect card, why not bet? You want value from his J and you want to protect against the NFD.

chumsferd 08-24-2005 04:09 PM

I don't think you are semi-bluffing the majority of the time on this turn, sounds like you know that though. No better hands are folding here, plenty of worse ones are.

Default play vs a unknown player: I lead the turn for 1/2-3/4s pot and check raise most rivers all in. If the river comes a non-spade 5 or T then I might just check call the river, depending on their bet size (if they bet). If you hadn't spiked the K on the turn, I'd prefer your line...

Edit: man I need to learn to type better...

Voltron87 08-24-2005 04:10 PM

my craptacular thinking at the time was that the king might have looked like it helped me, so i thought i might lose the bet id get by CRing.

i think leading the turn and 2/3 pot is correct now.

Voltron87 08-24-2005 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you are semi-bluffing the majority of the time on this turn, sounds like you know that though. No better hands are folding here, plenty of worse ones are.

Default play vs a unknown player: I lead the turn for 3/4s pot and check raise most rivers all in. If the river comes a non-spade 5 or T then I might just check call the river, dependin on their bet size (if they bet). If you hadn't spiked the K on the turn, I'd prefer your line...

[/ QUOTE ]

i was semibluffing on the flop with bottom pair + fd. i guess semi continuing is more correct. my all in was certainly not a bluff, i loved my hand there and wasnt folding.

chumsferd 08-24-2005 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was semibluffing on the flop with bottom pair + fd. i guess semi continuing is more correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh you mean your "semi-bluff" on the flop "makes it" on the turn whilst you are "oop"... geez, either you need to write better post titles or I need to learn to read (as well as type)... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

TheWorstPlayer 08-24-2005 04:33 PM

You probably have the most equity on the flop so it isn't really much of a 'semi-bluff' more like a bet for value and protection. And the K should be seen as a blank by the villain basically. For instance, if he had AJ, he shouldn't really be afraid of the K unless you had specifically KJ. But a T would be just as much of a scare card as a K. It's not like you were likely to be betting KQ on the flop, right?

elus2 08-24-2005 04:53 PM

hero could easily have been making a continuation bet on the flop with AK/KQ.

TheWorstPlayer 08-24-2005 05:05 PM

Good point. I forgot that Hero raised preflop. I still think leading is better but an argument could be made for c/c turn, lead river.

Voltron87 08-24-2005 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You probably have the most equity on the flop so it isn't really much of a 'semi-bluff' more like a bet for value and protection. And the K should be seen as a blank by the villain basically. For instance, if he had AJ, he shouldn't really be afraid of the K unless you had specifically KJ. But a T would be just as much of a scare card as a K. It's not like you were likely to be betting KQ on the flop, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

while i have great equity i view these situations as semibluffs because if i get to the river without improving i dont have a showdown worth hand.

i dont see how the k wouldnt scare villain, since i had been pretty aggro and was betting 3/4 flops, especially when i raised.

now i think i should have just led the turn for 25-30ish. what do people do on the river? cr or valuebet?

TheWorstPlayer 08-24-2005 05:22 PM

Value bet for sure.

Voltron87 08-24-2005 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Value bet for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah im tired today. thinking=slow. im counting down the minutes til i go to the yankee game to watch mussina pwn live.

TheWorstPlayer 08-24-2005 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Value bet for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah im tired today. thinking=slow. im counting down the minutes til i go to the yankee game to watch mussina pwn live.

[/ QUOTE ]
This may be a thread hijack, I'm not sure, but YANKEES SUCK!

chumsferd 08-24-2005 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Value bet for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure. What hand distribution do you assign to the villian that calls the flop and turn? you miss out on value from all the missed draws if you lead out on the river... I'm tired and probably won't be around to reply again, but I think (if you don't lose them on the turn) you may stand to make more with the river c/r...

Voltron, do we know anything about this villian?

djoyce003 08-24-2005 06:17 PM

This is a really horrible all in. The only hands that call it are JJ, 77, 66, or KK...just about anything else that you are beating finds an easy fold here. Make a pot sized reraise or so. 70-80 feels pretty good here.

TheWorstPlayer 08-24-2005 07:58 PM

Lower 2pr, AK/KQ.