Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Ever followed one guy around so much on Party that they start leaving? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=313941)

TwoShedsJackson 08-12-2005 06:07 PM

Ever followed one guy around so much on Party that they start leaving?

I've had this one guy on my buddy list at Party the last two weeks. A standard loose, incredibly passive player. He's up lots in the last 650 hands I have on him, despite playing terribly.

I've been following him from one table to the next trying to exploit his terribleness but overall I'm up like a dollar off him. I've never spoken directly to him, nor him to me, but now I see him leave a table as soon as I find him in search and sit down to his left.

Now it's become like a weird bit of extra fun to sit down and see how long it takes him to leave.

Should I seek psychiatric help?

deacsoft 08-12-2005 06:10 PM

Re: Ever followed one guy around so much on Party that they start leav

No. But you may want to think about finding a new fish.

SavageMiser 08-12-2005 06:11 PM

Well, yeah. Not so much for the stalking but for the not winning money even though you're stalking.

tinga81 08-12-2005 06:13 PM

if you suspect that he is leaving because of your presence, then why not try playing on another party skin and sit with him. see if the same trend happens.

I know of a few fish that I haven't seen in a while, maybe it's because I usually ended up with their money .. but, I don't know if that is a coincidence or not.

smb394 08-12-2005 06:17 PM

I did have one fish remark to me that I "play tight" during maybe my 3rd session with him in as many days. I made a bs comment about having a horrible run of cards...and an hour later I was logged back in against him under my Eurobet account.

deacsoft 08-12-2005 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, yeah. Not so much for the stalking but for the not winning money even though you're stalking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having a player that bad at you table is always +EV. It's only a metter of time. If you don't know that I suggest getting a better understanding of the "long view" that is a must for a serious poker player.

usmfan 08-12-2005 06:34 PM

I do believe you missed the point.

StellarWind 08-12-2005 06:43 PM

Re: Ever followed one guy around so much on Party that they start leaving?

Why would you torment him? Are you trying to make him give up poker? Are you incapable of finding other fish in the world's biggest aquarium?

He's paying plenty for his entertainment. Show some decency and leave him alone.

If you find that argument unpersuasive, let me observe that you are costing yourself money by changing tables to chase a fish that is actively avoiding you instead of going after the innumerable fish that stand still.

BigF 08-12-2005 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you torment him? Are you trying to make him give up poker? Are you incapable of finding other fish in the world's biggest aquarium?

He's paying plenty for his entertainment. Show some decency and leave him alone.

If you find that argument unpersuasive, let me observe that you are costing yourself money by changing tables to chase a fish that is actively avoiding you instead of going after the innumerable fish that stand still.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey the man has the right to pay for his entertainment, too.

ncboiler 08-12-2005 06:59 PM

Is this guy me?

HavanaBanana 08-12-2005 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now it's become like a weird bit of extra fun to sit down and see how long it takes him to leave.

Should I seek psychiatric help?

[/ QUOTE ]

Look in the mirror, figure out if you mind what you are turning into, if you do, then you know what to do.

ToT

mdeck 08-12-2005 07:44 PM

I've had one guy ask in chat if I was following him... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

The next time I sat to his left, he left the table. I then changed my Screen Name to something different and proceeded to sit at his left again...he hasn't caught on yet.

pokerrookie 08-12-2005 08:37 PM

change your screen name

TwoShedsJackson 08-12-2005 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
change your screen name

[/ QUOTE ]

No can do, until November anyway.

SavageMiser 08-13-2005 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Having a player that bad at you table is always +EV. It's only a metter of time. If you don't know that I suggest getting a better understanding of the "long view" that is a must for a serious poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry that I'm not a smiley man. Please use these for future posts by me: [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

08-13-2005 04:52 AM

sounds like becoming an obsession [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Shaun 08-13-2005 06:40 AM

LOL. Yes that has happened to me.

Kevin J 08-13-2005 10:54 AM

It's only a coincidence. I keep having to go let the dog out.

uaw420rook 08-13-2005 01:58 PM

I have had this happen a few times. I try to keep my list filled with enough fish, to alternate my stalking. My problem is the good fish don't last long. They seem to last a week or two. Anyways I also try to be their buddy. When they suck out on someone, I will stick up for them and tell the tilter to try backgammon if he cant handle the bad beats. I have found a few fish, that are really funny and make the game much more entertaining. The interaction with them covers the stalking.I will also show them my hand, when they make a laydown. Tell them that was for you (fish) I know you been taking a beating lately. Anyways you should leave this fish alone for awhile. There are always new fish and its not that hard to find them.

Defender of the Fish

Sponger15SB 08-13-2005 02:03 PM

Well since I've got money in Empire and Euro I can just switch accounts when my fish move tables so they don't even notice I'm stalking them.

smb394 08-13-2005 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have had this happen a few times. I try to keep my list filled with enough fish, to alternate my stalking. My problem is the good fish don't last long. They seem to last a week or two. Anyways I also try to be their buddy. When they suck out on someone, I will stick up for them and tell the tilter to try backgammon if he cant handle the bad beats. I have found a few fish, that are really funny and make the game much more entertaining. The interaction with them covers the stalking.I will also show them my hand, when they make a laydown. Tell them that was for you (fish) I know you been taking a beating lately. Anyways you should leave this fish alone for awhile. There are always new fish and its not that hard to find them.

Defender of the Fish

[/ QUOTE ]

I was playing a wild $3-6 6max game at 4:30 in the morning last night, and there was this 1 player who dropped $233 in the half hour I was there (and more from what I was told, after he busted). It was amazing b/c 2 players were giving him so much crap, while he was talking back too. So I looked at his location and asked him about it. Turns out we went to the same college, which muted most of the other table talk for a good 20 mins.

Oh, and the fact that he bluff-raised the river with Jack-high helps in my decision to put him on my buddy list. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Edit: crap, he's playing 10-20 6max right now

uaw420rook 08-13-2005 02:27 PM

lol, We have to take care of the fish. At least try to make it enjoyable for them while they lose money.Man I learned this when my Uncle in Kentucky( he made his living playing cards) would leave any function if one of his fish needed a hand. I remember going with him to one of his (buddies)house and he helped him put a fence up, which took like all day. On the way home, my cousin told me that he was the one his dad had taken for 400 dollars last week, and he didn't want him to stop coming to the games. He did this stuff alot from what I can remember. He always took care of his poker buddies. I can remember him bringing TVs, bikes, radios and other stuff when he would come home. He was some kind of Shark.

yvesaint 08-13-2005 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will also show them my hand, when they make a laydown. Tell them that was for you (fish) I know you been taking a beating lately.

Defender of the Fish

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahaha

pauliewalnuts 08-13-2005 05:04 PM

The funniest thing to me about these bad players is how they jump between limits so frequently. You can always tell when certain ones have had a good day(playing 5/10 or 10/20)or a bad day(.5/1 or 1/2). There is also a certain fish on my list that routinely plays one table of .50/1 and one table of 15/30.