Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   KK Huge pot everyone is going crazy! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=307375)

pistol78 08-04-2005 02:17 AM

KK Huge pot everyone is going crazy!

No real reads on anyone but UTG+1, and that is pretty tight and passive.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (25 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (21 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero ????,

hizo1 08-04-2005 02:29 AM

Re: KK Huge pot everyone is going crazy!

These are always super tough when a tighty passivy player is going nuts. I think I would call down in this huge pot but expect AA or AK [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] much more often than not. I hate folding when I may still have the best hand and the pot is very big. Unfortunately if you're behind on the turn you're proably drawing to less than two outs.

My advice for the next time you post a hand like this is that you omit the actions of the villains on the river if your questions lie in the flop and turn play.

benneh 08-04-2005 02:35 AM

Flop: (25 SB) 8, 2, 8 (6 players)
SB checks, UTG+1 bets, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls

The converter is broken again. Where is your raise?

Fold the turn like you did. Nh.

pistol78 08-04-2005 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My advice for the next time you post a hand like this is that you omit the actions of the villains on the river if your questions lie in the flop and turn play.

[/ QUOTE ]

point taken

pistol78 08-04-2005 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to wait till the trun to raise, assuming a safe card fell which obviously didnt. No good?

hizo1 08-04-2005 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In most pots this size with an aggresor on my right I like calling here so that I can raise the turn for more value and to protect my hand. We had no idea things would get that crazy on our left. Not sure if that was the OPs intention.

hizo1 08-04-2005 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to wait till the trun to raise, assuming a safe card fell which obviously didnt. No good?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're right about waiting for the turn to raise.

hemstock 08-04-2005 02:44 AM

I really hate these hands. I get a monster, everyone calls to the flop, then people wake up going crazy and then "I have to call down because I have a monster". Premium hands are good because they win most of the time. Your opponents are telling you they have hand that good, that they can raise and reraise you with. Against a large field like this and all this action somebody has to be telling the truth. I fold the flop when the SB raises. If you don't fold there, then you really have to fold after the CO's call/raise. I have to start finding more folds in these kind of hands myself. I get too attached on my big starting hands.

Edit: My mistake... You have the odds to call when SB raises the first time, but fold when he caps it.

Weatherhead03 08-04-2005 02:52 AM

You are most likely drawing to 2 outs..could be behind anything with an 8, a flush, as well as AA. I would not doubt AA at all wtih the PF cap. So with this I fold. 10.5-1 is not good enough odds.

hizo1 08-04-2005 02:56 AM

I politely diasagree with folding the flop when it's capped back to us. Assuming we're behind (hard to say without really solid reads) here we have 2-2.5 or so outs getting 19:1 to call. With implied odds this is an easy call.

On the turn we're getting 11:1, I agree that a fold here is possible. But I'd still call it because I'm loose passive in these situations [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dave G. 08-04-2005 03:07 AM

COs line is definitely interesting. If he were pumping a flush draw I think he'd raise the flop, but he calls and when it comes back to him he 3-bets it. So what the hell does he have? Unless he flopped a monster and was slowplaying it, but saw the opportunity to get more bets out of everyone on the flop. What a weird hand.

If UTG+1 is TP then I can safely put him on aces. SBs check-raise has me very worried too. It's a value check-raise, because he knows UTG+1 is the likely flop bettor. SB could have trips, the boat or a flush draw.

Scary hand. Anyway, fold the turn. You need 23:1 for your K outs and you're getting only 12:1 for your money with no guarantee that CO or SB won't 3-bet it behind you so it looks like you're just screwed. Too bad, that's a huge pot.

pistol78 08-04-2005 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
COs line is definitely interesting. If he were pumping a flush draw I think he'd raise the flop, but he calls and when it comes back to him he 3-bets it. So what the hell does he have? Unless he flopped a monster and was slowplaying it, but saw the opportunity to get more bets out of everyone on the flop. What a weird hand.

If UTG+1 is TP then I can safely put him on aces. SBs check-raise has me very worried too. It's a value check-raise, because he knows UTG+1 is the likely flop bettor. SB could have trips, the boat or a flush draw.

Scary hand. Anyway, fold the turn. You need 23:1 for your K outs and you're getting only 12:1 for your money with no guarantee that CO or SB won't 3-bet it behind you so it looks like you're just screwed. Too bad, that's a huge pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly my thinking, glad to hear everyone thinks i played it right.

macdaddy991 08-04-2005 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're right about waiting for the turn to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot is way too big to try to protect your hand. Raise for value. If the draws hit, then evaluate from there.

macdaddy991 08-04-2005 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are most likely drawing to 2 outs..could be behind anything with an 8, a flush, as well as AA. I would not doubt AA at all wtih the PF cap. So with this I fold. 10.5-1 is not good enough odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Players cap with a lot more then AA.

invictus33 08-04-2005 04:07 AM

A cap PF and on the flop and out passive guy is raising still? That's too much to hope that you're ahead here. If you didn't fold out after the turn raise you're just spewing.

macdaddy991 08-04-2005 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A cap PF and on the flop and out passive guy is raising still? That's too much to hope that you're ahead here. If you didn't fold out after the turn raise you're just spewing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I was just pointing out that players, even so called passive ones are capable of capping PF with more hands then just AA.

invictus33 08-04-2005 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see a tight passive guy capping two betting rounds with less than JJ. I'd have him on AA/QQ or AKs - AJs. That all depends on the reads you've got on him.
I agree, I was just pointing out that players, even so called passive ones are capable of capping PF with more hands then just AA.

trainslayer 08-04-2005 05:06 AM

I can't help but believe sb made trips and utg1 just made his flush. I hate folding in the big a pot but i hate donating more even worse. I fold.

xenthebrain 08-04-2005 08:30 AM

I like that you tried to wait for the turn to raise, since a bet on the flop traps everyone for value, but there is even more value on the turn in this huge pot.

However, the flushcard is really scary for you.
SB looks like he has an 8 (c/r the flop) and UTG could have anything.

I think this big pot justifies calling down, cause it's really huge and someone with TT-QQ would play it like that, wouldn't here... The real concern here is SB :/

imported_The Vibesman 08-04-2005 08:39 AM

On the turn, you're beat and drawing to two outs. I'd fold.
Nice table though.

hicherbie 08-04-2005 09:19 AM

you arent calling down in this pot...you are going for a ride. calling down a strong hand HU is one thing, but with this many people going nuts, you shouldnt lose sleep after folding.

tiltaholic 08-04-2005 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No real reads on anyone but UTG+1, and that is pretty tight and passive.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (25 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (21 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero ????,

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the pot is so big on the flop that waiting till the turn is pointless. i raise the flop for value.

now if (and assuming) SB check-3bets, then we can re-evalutate the possibilty that we might be drawing to 2 outs.
by that point, we likely have odds (+implied) to draw to those outs...

i'm not putting UTG+1 on AA after a flop bet.