Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   anyones girlfriend play poker? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=221727)

iluzion 03-28-2005 07:25 PM

anyones girlfriend play poker?

slickpoppa 03-28-2005 07:40 PM

Re: anyones girlfriend play poker?

Does anyone here have a girlfriend?

PuckNPoker 03-28-2005 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a wife she wont let me have a girlfriend. Puritan.

augie00 03-28-2005 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

csuf_gambler 03-28-2005 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yobz 03-28-2005 08:18 PM

Where is the "yes, she plays but doesn't know how to play" option?

Bluffoon 03-28-2005 08:28 PM

I taught my Girlfriend to play. We played at the trop and the taj saturday night. I like sitting at the same table with her.

We were playing together at the mirage in february. I get KQ suited UTG so I raise. She three bets me (with AA) so we are heads up and the flop comes QQQ. I bet out and reraised her six or seven times before she finally gave it up and called me down but not before I showed my hand to my whole side of the table and we yucked it up at her expense. The look on her face was priceless. Good Times.

Jeebus 03-28-2005 09:08 PM

it is pretty nice to be able to play poker and get in some of that "quality time" (read as time before we can have sex) at the same time

pokerjo22 03-28-2005 09:10 PM

None of my girlfriends play poker [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Several boyfriends have though but I never tell them I play.

peachy 03-28-2005 09:13 PM

Im a girl...and guys taught me [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

jtr 03-28-2005 09:41 PM

What about the "yes, she plays, and keeps calling my bluffs with her lousy second pair when I am clearly representing the flush" option?

KaiShin 03-28-2005 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a wife she wont let me have a girlfriend.

[/ QUOTE ]
What he said.

My wife does play though. Sort of.

Justin A 03-28-2005 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you keep that from them?

slickpoppa 03-28-2005 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't you tell them? If I were going out with a girl who played seriously, that would be a plus.

easypete 03-28-2005 11:48 PM

Does a wife count?

And does it count more if she is kicking most of your guy's behinds at 2/4?

smoore 03-28-2005 11:56 PM

My girlfriend doesn't play but my wife does... just kidding, hon.

(I voted yes, together)

sthief09 03-29-2005 12:00 AM

I've tried to teach her, but she's just not interested in it. she always offers to listen but gives up

teajay 03-29-2005 12:00 AM

You bet she does. One of the only reasons she can handle me probably. She understands when I'm grumpy an when I've been up all night.

Best girl ever.

Cheers,
Travis

pokerjo22 03-29-2005 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why wouldn't you tell them? If I were going out with a girl who played seriously, that would be a plus.

[/ QUOTE ]

They were no good at it - poker is on my list of things never to criticise a guy about. Plus I get a sick pleasure out of kicking their ass once they've explained the rules to me.

pokerjo22 03-29-2005 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you keep that from them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play that much - it just never comes up.

peachy 03-29-2005 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've tried to teach her, but she's just not interested in it. she always offers to listen but gives up

[/ QUOTE ]

try just playin with her...when someone tried to "teach" me i didnt learn...and im like that about everything. I learned the most, the best, and fastest actually playing and then having someone explain as we went along, reading others cards and explaining why, asking me why i did something and then correcting my line of thought, and making me play non poo hands.

Im shocked i ever learned as much as i did - cause teaching me prolly was no piece of cake since im demanding, annoying, hyper, talkitive, stubborn, questionging, relentless, and a total witch!! Plus it takes me experiencing a certain things a few times before it sinks in....

Intent 03-29-2005 01:59 AM

I was dating a guy, he taught me to play poker. I met the guy I'm currently dating at a poker tournament. He's a good player, while I'm terrible, so he gives me lots of advice and lectures. It's good though, I like the help. We played heads up against each other on our first date, lol. And I won!

gorie 03-29-2005 02:04 AM

my boyfriend and i got into hold'em around the same time i think, but i sucked, so i gave up because i didn't like losing money. he's been building up a decent bank roll and doing pretty well so it made me want to try again. i've been reading books and learning from him, also got poker tracker... these things definitely help. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] anyway i just started playing again this month so far i'm doing pretty decent (only haev 13,500 hands to judge from so far though).

i am definitely learning, still catch myself making stupid mistakes but overall so far i'm doing a lot better than i did previously, just hope it stays positive !

i really like that we're both into poker, it's nice to have someone around to talk about it with!! especially after those frustrating hands.. or the big wins!! or just to help answer my dumb questions [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Chris Daddy Cool 03-29-2005 03:52 AM

my girlfriend despises poker with a passion.

Dariel86 03-29-2005 05:00 AM

Only strip poker [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Reef 03-29-2005 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Where is the "yes, she plays but doesn't know how to play" option?

[/ QUOTE ]

gr8vertical 03-29-2005 05:23 AM

She will play the occasional 5 dollar friendly buy in home tourney every now and again. Other than that she just bitches everytime I am playing online and live [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

MLG 03-29-2005 05:37 AM

mine too, although she sure likes the nice pair of earings she has, and the matching necklace on the way. There's an uneasy balance.

ShortBus 03-29-2005 05:40 AM

I think it's easier to try and get your wife/girlfriend into playing poker than to not to. She'll get upset about all the time your spending playing and not with her. If she can play, then you can play together. Teach her how to play right... and perhaps you can WIN together.

-Just a thought.

thirddan 03-29-2005 05:56 AM

given an ultimatum...would you choose the girl or poker?

fimbulwinter 03-29-2005 06:09 AM

she only plays limit.
i only play limit when drunk.

fim

Dariel86 03-29-2005 07:44 AM

I have a wife she wont let me have a girlfriend. Puritan.

Hahahha, best thing in this thread [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Jim T 03-29-2005 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a wife she wont let me have a girlfriend.

[/ QUOTE ]
What he said.

My wife does play though. Sort of.

[/ QUOTE ]

xerxesthegod 03-29-2005 10:03 AM

Depends on the girl but it would probably be poker [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
If you are rich you can always find a girl though if you have a girl you can't be rich (unless she is rich [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) or play poker!!!

Subfallen 03-29-2005 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They were no good at it - poker is on my list of things never to criticise a guy about. Plus I get a sick pleasure out of kicking their ass once they've explained the rules to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incredibly awesome. I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] pokerjo22.

Bluffoon 03-29-2005 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
given an ultimatum...would you choose the girl or poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

If she is giving me an ultimatum... I choose poker. Or anything but her for that matter.

afk 03-29-2005 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine doesn't go that far. But she's just flat out uninterested in it. It's a hobby of mine and we leave it at that.

dealer_toe 03-29-2005 01:50 PM

My girlfriend plays a little bit. She wants to get good, but gets bored too quick. We actuall had a date where we talked about the fundamental theorom or poker for a large portion of dinner.

iluzion 03-29-2005 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, thats why I posted this.. but her reason is not so much the poker, as the gambling. She would have no problem whatsoever with me playing poker all the time, if I wasn't gambling. I don't get the problem with that, though, I mean I'm a strong winning player and make more playing poker a month than I do at my part time job (still in school).

MLG 03-29-2005 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If she is giving me an ultimatum... I choose poker. Or anything but her for that matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

She despises the poker, but she does understand that I'm good at it and enjoy it. I'm not in fear of an ultimatum any time soon.