Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   UltimateBet and Neteller (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=65477)

SamJack 02-04-2004 01:33 PM

UltimateBet and Neteller

I am unable to make a deposit using Neteller to UB. It keeps failing stating that I don't have enough funds.

I contacted Neteller and they asked me if the merchant (UB) is requesting the last four digits of the bank account registered with Neteller. I said 'yes' Neteller told me not to enter anything there. I tried that and that didn't work, UB client want that filled.

Neteller than told me not to use Instacash option (I don't have that set up). However, UB client doesn't have an option to select/deselect instacash.

Is instacash required to deposit money via Neteller into UB?

Sam

Cubswin 02-04-2004 01:44 PM

Re: UltimateBet and Neteller

I am having the same problem right now so someone please chime in.

HavanaBanana 02-04-2004 01:46 PM

I deposited there through neteller a couple days ago, and I didn not use instacash and did not put in any 4 digit number and it worked fine.

SamJack 02-04-2004 01:59 PM

Clarification. I did fill out the four digits and that did not work.

cthomer5000 02-04-2004 02:00 PM

Obviously what I'm going to write won't help you, but I've had no problems making multiple deposits and withdrawals to UB. Also, the payouts have been pretty quick, the money was always there at Neteller the next day.

SamJack 02-04-2004 02:08 PM

Do you have instacash set up with neteller?

Sam

cthomer5000 02-04-2004 02:13 PM

yes, I have made a couple instacash deposits in the past.

It seems odd that you would need to have done that to deposit at UB though... it must be a frustrating situation. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Punker 02-04-2004 02:16 PM

Support say!

I am having the same problem.

"There was a recent change on the neteller deposit page. it request the Last 4 digits of the bank account number registered at NETeller. you will need to verify with your neteller account for the information.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Sincerely,

Derek"

Yeah, Ill say theres something more you can help me with. How about answering my question?

SamJack 02-04-2004 02:27 PM

Right. It seems that UB requires "InstaCash" I don't have that set up.

SamJack 02-04-2004 02:29 PM

Re: Support say!

[ QUOTE ]
I am having the same problem.

"There was a recent change on the neteller deposit page. it request the Last 4 digits of the bank account number registered at NETeller. you will need to verify with your neteller account for the information.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Sincerely,

Derek"

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently, this is not working. I entered the last four digits and it didn't work.

Sam

Tachyon 02-04-2004 02:34 PM

Yes a wonderful idea UB for those foreign players that do not even have the facility to link bank account to their NETeller account.

As it happens I left it blank and it did not work - then I entered 0000 and it worked. Now a little message onscreen would be helpful....unlike that response from support!

AAmaz0n 02-04-2004 05:18 PM

I've been trying to deposit for the bonus the last two days and had the same problem. If I don't put in the four digit code, it gave me an error; if I did put in my bank code it told me that I didn't have enough funds (I keep my checking account fairly low.)

What they told me at Neteller was that if you put in the four digits, the money gets automatically taken from the bank account that you have linked to the account, rather than from your current Neteller balance.

Why UB is insisting on doing it this way I don't know. I keep what I want to play with online between Neteller and the sites; I don't want to involve funds that are in my bank.

I emailed the cashier about this, and they gave me a merchant ID to transfer the money via the Neteller Merchant transfer function to them, but didn't specify how I was going to get the bonus this way. I emailed them again about how this was going to work, but haven't heard back.

Much thanks to Tachyon, if you put in 0000 it goes through with no problem from my Neteller balance.

Shauna

SamJack 02-04-2004 05:24 PM

Thanks for the solution. I got a reply from UB support it basically told me to go talk to Neteller.

Idiots...

Sam

MicroBob 02-04-2004 06:01 PM

wow.....this thread is simply incredible.
was going to deposit at ub today to get the latest reload bonus...glad i read this thread first.

the last re-load where half of their customer-service seemed to think it was for initial-deposits only was pretty strange also.

i really am beginning to believe that UB's customer-service is actually worse than party's.

Excalibur7 02-04-2004 07:52 PM

I have the same problem. Plenty of cash in Neteller and it says I haven't enough. UB support says that it is my 'limit' setting at Neteller and to talk to them. Well I can't even deposit the minimum. But UB claims it to be a Neteller issue.

As much as I like the play at UB I guess I will have to find someone who wants my deposits.

Punker 02-04-2004 09:24 PM

The latest news from Support

UB continues to insist it is a problem with NT. NT's latest response:

"Dear Sir;

We have been made aware of the problem that our clients have been experiencing with their ultimate bet accounts. We are working to have the matter resolved and appreciate you patience while we do. This matter should be cleared up within the next day or two.

We apologise for any inconvenience."

Excalibur7 02-04-2004 09:38 PM

Re: The latest news from Support

Wonder what the odds are that they 'clear this up' after the reload bonus expires [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Lazymeatball 02-04-2004 10:28 PM

Thanks for the "enter 0000" advice as it finally worked for me. Where as UB support said, go ask neteller. Do they even want our business?

Lori 02-04-2004 10:51 PM

Only just got to this post.

I had this problem earlier, so just entered 0000 and it took it just fine.

Lori

Lori 02-04-2004 10:53 PM

As it happens I left it blank and it did not work - then I entered 0000 and it worked. Now a little message onscreen would be helpful....unlike that response from support!

Strange that people living within a mile of each other both thought of this one, must be the air.

Lori

SamJack 02-04-2004 11:34 PM

I got an e-mail from support acknowledging the problem and that it has now been solved...

[ QUOTE ]
Dear SamJack,

In preparation for a required NETeller upgrade for merchants, we made some modifications to the deposit screen. An error was made asking for the last four digits for ALL NETeller transfers. This is only required for EFT deposits, not for transferring existing NETeller funds to us.
We have corrected this problem, and apologize for the inconvenience to you. Please try your deposit again and let us know if you have any further difficulties.

Kind regards,

Amy Lewis
Accounting Department
----- Original Message -----
To: cashier
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 3:18 PM
Subject: Re: Cashier Support Form Submission

You should take a look at this problem from your end. I'm a regular poster at 2+2 forum. I posted this problem and several have reported having the same issue.

SJ

cashier <cashier@ultimatebet.com> wrote:
Dear SamJack,

NETeller has switched to a new version. Starting Feb. 5th players will be
able to deposit using their local currency (Canadian dollars, Pounds
Sterling, Euros and so on) and when they transfer to us, they will have the
money automatically converted to US Dollars.

The new specs from them REQUIRE this information. This is not us, but
NETeller's rule. You can contact NT to verify.

As far as the balances (problems with apparent insufficient funds to make a
transfer), we receive a code from NT that states that information. You will
need to contact NT to see why they are sending us a code that they do not
have the funds available.

The error code you are getting means that the amout you specified is above
your Direct Accept limits. Please check your Neteller Account to see what
your limits are. You will only receive this error when using the Direct
Accept option. Please contact Neteller.
Kind regards,

Amy Lewis
Accounting Department
----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 11:37 AM
Subject: Cashier Support Form Submission

>
> Customer Information
> Account Name : SamJack
> Amount of Deposit/Withdrawal : 100
> Comments : I am unable to deposit funds using Neteller, it keeps saying I
don't have enough funds. I contacted Neteller and they asked me if the
merchant is asking for the last four digits of the bank account. Since you
guys do ask for it, I said yes. They told me to leave it blank and that
didn't work either. It seems that you guys require it. Neteller then
told me to not use InstaCash option. I don't see on your client how to
specify that. Do you require that I have InstaCash set up with my Neteller
account?
>
>
>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sam

bogey 02-05-2004 12:18 AM

Thanks for posting the response UB sent you SamJack.

So now this has caused me another problem though. Being that the page just said to enter the four digits associated with the Neteller account, I did thinking it was just a new way to verify my account. So now I had my deposit taken out of my checking account (which is only really used for small expenses) instead of Neteller which had plenty of money to cover it. So now it looks like a previous check might end up bouncing from my checking account due to UB's screw up. So if this does happen what do you think the odds are of me getting some money out of UB to cover my overdraft fees?? Being that they admitted it was their mistake.

Jim Kuhn 02-05-2004 12:28 AM

It was not resolved for me. I tried and received the same message. Thanks for the advice of entering 0000 for the bank account. This worked and my deposit and bonus have been credited. I think UB customer service is even WORSE than Party Poker's.

Lori 02-05-2004 12:34 AM

what do you think the odds are of me getting some money out of UB to cover my overdraft fees?? Being that they admitted it was their mistake.

I think you'll get it if you persist.

Some of UB's staff are very sensible and understanding, some are moronic, if you get the right one you should be okay.

(Try a couple of times and then I can send a couple of names to try a FAO: if this crops up)

Lori

Cosimo 02-05-2004 03:31 AM

The January 1st deposit bonus WAS labelled as "for initial deposits only"; both the UB main-screen text AND the email stated that it was for initial deposits only.

The mistake UB made was in sending an email to everybody, even those not eligible for the bonus, and burying the "initial deposits only" at the very end of the message. I made a deposit, didn't get a bonus, and then rechecked the email and blamed myself.

Andrew Kinsman 02-05-2004 03:42 AM

NETeller say...

I also had this problem, SamJack. Since I wasn't aware of this thread at the time, I wrote to UB support and they referred me to NETeller. Here is UB support's e-mail to me:

Hello,

NETeller has switched to a new version. Starting Feb. 5th you will be able to deposit using your local currency (Canadian dollars, Pounds Sterling, Euros and so on) and when you transfer to us, you will have the money automatically converted to US Dollars. The new specs from members REQUIRE this information. This is a NETeller's policy, not ours, you can contact them at support@neteller.com in order to verify the situation. Now, NETeller has in their specs that the player must enter the last four digits of their bank account number. Again it is their policy and not ours. As far as the balances, this is a code received from NETeller . You will need to contact NETeller to see why they are sending us a code that you do not have the funds available. Please let us knwo if you have further questions. Thank you.

[NAME & POSITION SUPPLlED]

Here is NETeller's response:

Hi Andrew,

'Theres has been a misunderstanding between both parties and we are resolving the problem with Ultimate Bet as we speak...'

I think UB must have completely got the wrong end of the stick!

Anyhow, many thanks to Tachyon for his '0000' work around!

Andrew

MicroBob 02-05-2004 03:44 AM

there was nothing that said 'initial deposits only' in the message.
the disclaimer clearly stated it was good for the FIRST deposit made between Dec 15-20 (or whatever the dates were).

i thought they already offered initial-deposit bonuses for new players....so offering a special week in which they can receive the SAME bonus as before would have been pretty redundant.

some reps there thought it was as you described, others thought it was for everyone.
they clearly couldn't get it together and very obviously do NOT communicate very well within their own ranks.

they've been offering reloads to everyone quite consistently now....none of them have been restricted.

TylerD 02-05-2004 05:36 AM

I thought it was pretty clear it was for first time deposits.

Tachyon 02-05-2004 07:16 AM

Glad I was of assistance to y'all.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

HeartsKing 02-05-2004 02:45 PM

I send my thanks, as well. I tried to make my deposit again, yesterday, after being unsucessful the day before. I did notice that they added a note which stated that you were to leave the last 4 digits of the bank account field empty unless you were making a instacash deposit; however leaving it blank didn't work. So, the "0000" did the trick.

MicroBob 02-05-2004 03:53 PM

i just deposited 5 mins ago.
blank - not enough funds.
0000 - just dandy.

but it makes me wonder how many potential customers UB is losing due to frustration.
it's pretty obvious that UB and neteller support were not of any use in this matter.

and, there are theoretically a lot of players NOT on 2+2 who were unable to receive the secret 0000-password. with any luck, the 0000 bit made it over to RGP....but that still only covers a small percentage.

i ask the same question as was posted earlier....does ub actually want any business??
why don't they fix this thing???

hey UB.....your potential customers shouldn't have to figure this out on their own.
weird.

colgin 02-06-2004 09:33 AM

READ IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT MAKING A UB DEPOSIT

I just had trouble making a deposit at UB. There was a prompt for typing in the last 4 digits of your bank account but only if you wanted to use insta cash. Since my Neteller account was fully funded I did not need insta cash. I sent an e-mail to UB and they suggested that there was aproblem at Neteller and that I might be required to fill in my bank account number. I did so and the deposit went through but it used insta cash, which means that a concurrent withdrawal was made from Neteller from my bank account. Now I did not want that withdrawal to take place. I can withdraw back from Neteller to my account but not until after the ETF clears in 4-5 days. I called Neteller and at least there is no interest charge. Still, I am pretty PO'd. I called Neteller and they blamed UB saying that trnasfers are only going through to UB using insta cash unless you do a merchant transfer from the Neteller site (and they need to give you UB's merchant code to do that). I suppose I shopuld have tried 0000 instead of my bank account but I had not seen this thread yet. I sent UB an e-mail about this and will post their response here when I get it. I just wanted to bump this thread back up for the benefit of anyone making a UB deposit.

AAmaz0n 02-06-2004 09:55 PM

Re: READ IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT MAKING A UB DEPOSIT

I asked UB support about the problem, and got the following :

Hello,

After you make a direct deposit through Neteller using this information:

Merchant ID

Merchant Transfer Code
ULTI2442

Your account will automatically be credited with the bonus. If you feel the bonus was not correctly credited just let us know.

Best Regards,
Ann
Customer Service Department

So if the "0000" workaround stops working, they do say that you shold get a bonus using a merchant transfer from your Neteller balance. I believe that the current offer expired yesterday for the bonus, but at least you can make a deposit without disturbing your bank funds.

I agree, UB should have thought this through; making folks take an insta-cash from their bank when they are accustomed to taking the funds from their Neteller balance no doubt left a lot of folks suddenly shorter in their checking then they thought and led to some hard feelings.

Shauna

MicroBob 02-07-2004 05:30 AM

Re: READ IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT MAKING A UB DEPOSIT

so, it seems that ub still doesn't understand that their customers are accidentally depositing through their bank-accounts when they don't want to.

how many complaints does their support have to receive before UB realizes they have a problem they need to take care of?

MattHatter 02-07-2004 02:39 PM

Anyone got a positive response from UB?

Has anyone gotten a positive response on this from UB.

I was one of the people for whom it refused to allow a transaction without the 4 digits, without fully understanding the implications of what I was doing, I entered it. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] It made me do it though, and I thought it was just a new thing.

Anyway I emailed them and mentioned that I was greatly inconvenienced by having to fund my bank account and the double currency conversion (Im a canuck) that is now going to happen and that I felt that they shared responsibility for this.

No reply as of now, just wondering if they had offered any olive branches to anyone else yet?

Matt