Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   best multis to play each day (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=340508)

curtains 09-20-2005 02:24 AM

best multis to play each day

Im planning to focus mainly on multis (at least from 9 pm onwards on the weekdays) as soon as I move to Philadelphia in 2 weeks. I know that it's probably -EV compared to other things to play, but multis are fun! I want to play at least 4-6 at once and play the biggest buyin/ highest EV events possible.

Has anyone compiled a list of the best multis to play on every day of the week? Would anyone be interested in doing so? Sometimes it seems as if there isnt that much action, for example on the days that Pokerstars doesnt run a $150 NL.

For instance is a $10 rebuy tournament better to play in than an 11 o clock $100 buyin NL on stars, assuming an unlimited bankroll?

ClaytonN 09-20-2005 02:27 AM

Re: best multis to play each day

I would be tempted to ask colson and JJProd myself, as they likely play the most Stars tournaments and have the best consistent results this year among the 2+2'ers.

For Stars, anyways.

IHateKeithSmart 09-20-2005 02:29 AM

curtains:

check this thread . I think they are all regularly scheduled.

ttiu created it as a sort of guide to the 'officials' that would have threads here in mtt. gl

curtains 09-20-2005 02:30 AM

Im talking about every site. I know there is a UB $100 almost every night, and of course Party has some things, but seems to have a sparse selection after 9 pm aside from the Super. I also see there is a fun looking $100 on empire as well. I don't know what the deal is with the $30 rebuy on Paradise also.

curtains 09-20-2005 02:32 AM

Wow is that PacificPoker event regularly scheduled? I wish someone would do that every week!!! That would make my life a lot easier. Although I see that the guaranteed UB tourneys arent listed, and those are pretty fun.

Exitonly 09-20-2005 02:34 AM

The list that was mentioned above is definitely a good starting point...

after midnight tournament selection gets weak..

a few days a week Stars has a $10 rebuy at 1:30 that's pretty good... most nights at 3:15 theres a pretty weak $10 too.
they're low buuyins but it's usually the decent thing going on at that time.

curtains 09-20-2005 02:36 AM

What I plan to do is start tourneys from 9-10:30 or so, and no more after that. Is there a $100 on PartyPoker at around 9:10? I feel like there used to be.

I wish the sites would just up the ante for all their multis. The $200 weekend events could easily get higher and they'd still have an absurd number of players. The Specials could be raised to like $200-300 and they wouldn't suffer. I suspect this will happen eventually however.

Seadood228 09-20-2005 02:37 AM

Also check out this link
provided by burningyen. It's a pretty comprehensive breakdown of the different sites' structures.

IHateKeithSmart 09-20-2005 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
most nights at 3:15 theres a pretty weak $10 too.

[/ QUOTE ]

eo:

are you doing the ll for tonight's 3:15? I'll play but will need to hit 7/11 for a double gulp if so.

J

Exitonly 09-20-2005 02:41 AM

yea alright, i'll post it up now.. and a dobule gulp sounds good, i should get on that. (only Wawa style... ((Wawa Rules!)))

IHateKeithSmart 09-20-2005 02:43 AM

Lol, I may be working in philly in a couple of weeks. WAWA HERE I COME [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

iMsoLucky0 09-20-2005 03:57 AM

You should try playing the afternoons. At 2:15 eastern every day the 109r on stars starts with the 44r starting at 3:15. On party, they have a 109 that start at 3:00 I think and a 33r that starts at 3:15 (the 109 and 33r may be 4 and 4:15 tho). That has been my afternoon schedule for the last month or so and I have really enjoyed it. That 33r on party is IMO the best tournament on the internet right now.

Paradise also has a 33r 50k guaranteed at some point in the afternoon but I dont play it much.

AtticusFinch 09-20-2005 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should try playing the afternoons. At 2:15 eastern every day the 109r on stars starts with the 44r starting at 3:15. On party, they have a 109 that start at 3:00 I think and a 33r that starts at 3:15 (the 109 and 33r may be 4 and 4:15 tho). That has been my afternoon schedule for the last month or so and I have really enjoyed it. That 33r on party is IMO the best tournament on the internet right now.

Paradise also has a 33r 50k guaranteed at some point in the afternoon but I dont play it much.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many players do those afternoon tourneys get? I thought afternoons had a much higher pro/fish ratio than prime time.

Also, what about that 33r makes it so good? Amount of dead money dropouts? Average skill level?

Thanks.

curtains 09-20-2005 04:20 AM

Well I can either play at night or in the afternoons.....I cant imagine the afternoons are better. The Supers are so much more fun! Also a lot more glory for winning the big nighttime tourneys.

09-20-2005 08:50 AM

I know my bankroll is most likely a tenth of your weekly buy-ins, but I've never seen tourneys as easy to multi-table as the empire 1000-5000 multi's.

just my .02

if anyone wants a list of the lower limit daily's and average lengths over a week, I can have em by next wednesday.

god Im cheap [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Apathy 09-20-2005 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know my bankroll is most likely a tenth of your weekly buy-ins, but I've never seen tourneys as easy to multi-table as the empire 1000-5000 multi's.

just my .02

if anyone wants a list of the lower limit daily's and average lengths over a week, I can have em by next wednesday.

god Im cheap [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

These never have more then 5 or 6 people in them.

Lloyd 09-20-2005 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to play at least 4-6 at once and play the biggest buyin/ highest EV events possible.

[/ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I was playing 3-4 at a time for awhile and am 99% convinced that it was not a good thing. Very different from STTs which I play 4 at a time with no problem (I play on a laptop with a widescreen so 4 is the most I can see at once). I wouldn't recommend playing more than 2 at a time and even then I find that I'm focusing more on one MTT than another.

09-20-2005 11:18 AM

I know its hyperbole, but they seem to average between 60 and 80. with the payouts the way they are, they are good risk vs. reward. but then, like I said, Im only a beginning mtt player, with a low br.

curtains 09-20-2005 03:23 PM

I can definitely play 4+ multis. I can play at least 10 STTs (and probably more) while on the phone, watching TV or whatever. I've trained myself to handle many games at once as in reality it's probably one of the most important skills in online poker.

mrh86 09-20-2005 03:40 PM

I play the $10 three table sit n' gos on 'Stars during the week. They're good if you don't have a ton of time to play.

Apathy 09-20-2005 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know its hyperbole, but they seem to average between 60 and 80. with the payouts the way they are, they are good risk vs. reward. but then, like I said, Im only a beginning mtt player, with a low br.

[/ QUOTE ]

HUH? What are you talking about? I've never seen the 1k buyin tournies get more then 4 or 5 people?!?

Or did you mean 1k total prize pool tournies (not what curtains is looking for)

Exitonly 09-20-2005 04:19 PM

he means teh 1k/5k guaranateed on Empire apathy

09-20-2005 04:46 PM

So does anyone have a list of best low buy-in ($10 and under) multi's to play each day?

Thanks,

Han

BlackRain 09-20-2005 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So does anyone have a list of best low buy-in ($10 and under) multi's to play each day?

Thanks,

Han

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars runs about 7 1,2,3 buck buyins that start around 6 or 7pm PST. I believe they run them at least 4 nights of the week.

I taken a habit of playing all 7 lately and it is very easy to get in the money in 2 or 3 of em to pay for your fees and have a shot at 300-1200 bucks.

iMsoLucky0 09-21-2005 04:45 AM

The 33r is so nice right now because there are so many horrible players. Also, using the rebuy trick, you can spend about 200 dollars and have a 10k stack at break which takes out so much of the luck. I have an insane ROI in this tournament and have made the FT so many times. Basically, the people that don't rebuy in it are dead money and there are a ton of them.

redsoxsox 09-21-2005 04:52 AM

Imsolucky are you talking about the Party poker 33r? also nice job in the Pearl tornament, I was celthawk.

EdgePort 09-21-2005 03:54 PM

Is there a link to the rebuy trick? I know what it is in general, but couldn't find a good thread that talked about it in more detail.

curtains 09-21-2005 04:11 PM

Yeah what is the rebuy trick?

LethalRose 09-21-2005 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah what is the rebuy trick?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe party will allow you to rebuy right after a push, even though your stack technically isnt below 1000.

XXXNoahXXX 09-21-2005 06:12 PM

You can rebuy any time your chip count is under 1000, so if its folded to you in the SB with a stack of 5250, you can push, and rebuy while your money is in the middle and Party thinks your effective stack is 0. BB folds, and you get your rebuy in addition to your stack. Many solid players push like 10 hands in a row and even if they end up all-in and lose, they break even with chips, it just cost them a rebuy. At a 33r on party a guy at my table rebought enough on the first level to need to make the FT just to break even. Needless to say he came in 1st and took it down for a big profit. VERY EFFECTIVE. Just play rebuys where rebuying 10+ times is in the gameplan and within your bankroll and its very profitable. PLus its fun to have a 10K stack when the average is 1200.

Indiana 09-21-2005 06:19 PM

I dont know about you, but I feel that I could make the $ every night at the stars 10+1 and 20+2 tourneys if I played my best (obviously this is an exaggeration). Last night made final two tables at 10+1 drawn out bad AK vs AQ and made the final table at the 20+2.

Indy