Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Money Stolen (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396968)

lapoker17 12-12-2005 05:20 PM

Money Stolen

So, I'm getting my place painted over the weekend and don't feel like being around the fumes. I play a 16 hour session from late Friday til Sat afternoon, then I check into a hotel on the West Side of LA. It's nothing special, but is prob 3 star. I get into my room at 6PM. I take a shower before going to sleep soon thereafter. Before my shower, I take some money from my pocket - probably 1.5 - 2K and place it on the counter next to the sink. After the shower, I turn the TV on and hit the bed. I fall asleep nearly immediately. I wake up at 9 or 10AM to the door to my room opening and then closing. I'm kind of out of it and just assume that housekeeping peaked in and left, as they often do.

So I finally get up around 11:30 and as I'm gathering my things to check out, I realize the money is gone. I search the room completely, and no money. I go to the front desk and explain the situation to a gay black employee. He calls housekeeping and after waiting for 30 minutes some type of supervisor arrives. I tell my story and she is skeptical, but nice enough. She takes me to the depths of the hotel where housekeeping central command is located. She is able to find the housekeeper who entered my room and briefly interrogates her en espanol while I watch. The young girl says "yes, I went in the room, but I saw his shoes by the door and immediately left.

The door and bathroom are not visible from the sleeping area. Also, the bathroom counter is partially visible from the door, and the bathroom light was on.

I leave my name/number and decide I don't want to talk to the hotel manager, because I've already wasted 2 hours of my day on this and I'm annoyed. Did I have any recourse to demand the hotel reimburse me? Do they have insurance for this kind of thing?

If anyone says "you shouldn't have left the money there" or, "you should've used the deadbolt", I will say thank you.

Alobar 12-12-2005 05:24 PM

Re: Money Stolen

well I had some advice, but its completely different now that the desk guy was gay and black...cuz thats tuff, a nice white guy and it would get straightened out...but some nigger pillow biter?? well im at a loss

p.s. dont leave 2 Gs out on a counter next time moron...and you're welcome

man 12-12-2005 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I go to the front desk and explain the situation to a gay black employee.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I'm not an expert but I honestly can't see the hotel havaing to bear any responsibility for the loss. if you make a fuss you might get a discount or a voucher for the future or something (not that you'd use it, I guess). that's why they heave deadbolts, though, so they won't have to take the blame. that's awful though.

4_2_it 12-12-2005 05:25 PM

I'm not an expert, but I think the police would be better suited to help you than the housekeeping supervisor who is getting 50% of your money.

pokerdirty 12-12-2005 05:26 PM

I know how you feel dude.

I just lost $640 bucks the weekend before last. I think I left it in the bank parking lot too.

FouTight 12-12-2005 05:26 PM

Gay Black's can't accomplish anything, seek a higher authority, a Straight white man.

man 12-12-2005 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well I had some advice, but its completely different now that the desk guy was gay and black...cuz thats tuff, a nice white guy and it would get straightened out...but some nigger pillow biter?? well im at a loss

[/ QUOTE ]
you can say nigger here? wow. consider my lexiconical horizons broadened.

istewart 12-12-2005 05:26 PM

You should've made sure the hotel was all-white.

Alobar 12-12-2005 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but you cant say the word that ryhmes with momo...which I found really funny when I first typed out my response.

jakethebake 12-12-2005 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well I had some advice, but its completely different now that the desk guy was gay and black...cuz thats tuff, a nice white guy and it would get straightened out...

[/ QUOTE ]

He could show up with a few buddies wearing white sheets and scare the money out of the desk clerk. (How is t*ts censored, but not n*gger?) [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Who doesn't at least open their eyes and look around when someone comes in their hotel room? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

benza13 12-12-2005 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know how you feel dude.

I just lost $640 bucks the weekend before last. I think I left it in the bank parking lot too.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's been a lot of this going around lately.

wh1t3bread 12-12-2005 05:29 PM

I remember when I got my first wallet my Dad told me to "Only keep as much money in there as you're comfortable losing."

Anyway, that sucks. I really doubt that the hotel will reimburse you for your loss. Of course it's worth a shot. I really think the odds of you getting anything back from the hotel is rather slim though.

12-12-2005 05:32 PM

I stash my money in my unusually large vagina

bwana devil 12-12-2005 05:39 PM

before i can help, i need to know some important details you left out.

what is the race and sexual orientation of the housekeeping supervisor?

bwana

Eurotrash 12-12-2005 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone says "you shouldn't have left the money there" or, "you should've used the deadbolt", I will say thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't want people to tell you this, but what else is there to say, really? you left a good chunk of money unattended and far away from your person. somebody with access to the room walked in and ganked it. be more cautious.

edit: also, it should have been painfully obvious that specifying the races/sexual orientations was going to get you flamed and make it less likely people would answer you seriously

RunDownHouse 12-12-2005 05:41 PM

You didn't leave the door open, right? Someone had to use a key to get in and the lock wasn't forced, correct?

wh1t3bread 12-12-2005 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These big vagina ladies are getting away with murder.

http://www.hbo.com/larrydavid/img/ep...48/ep48_01.jpg

theweatherman 12-12-2005 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You didn't leave the door open, right? Someone had to use a key to get in and the lock wasn't forced, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but even so its his word against the housekeeper's. Hes got no proof of anything.

roundest 12-12-2005 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I go to the front desk and explain the situation to a gay black employee. He calls housekeeping and after waiting for 30 minutes some type of supervisor arrives. I tell my story and she is skeptical, but nice enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. But what was the supervisor's race and sexual orientation?

bwana devil 12-12-2005 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but even so its his word against the housekeeper's. Hes got no proof of anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are several keys that could open the door. front desk would have one too so it wouldnt HAVE to be the maid.

i would guess a maid will quite before she returns $2k. you know how long that would take to earn? you know how long it would take to get another maid job.

RunDownHouse 12-12-2005 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Just making sure that's the crux of the problem. I don't really see any great solution, though.

LeatherFace 12-12-2005 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, unless the housekeeper is jewish, mexican or black, then he has a fairly good case.

lapoker17 12-12-2005 05:49 PM

Correct. Door was locked, pass key would be needed.

And for those making serious responses - or sarcastic responses that still take that part seriously - wrt the gay black employee, you are very, very slow.

Boris 12-12-2005 06:04 PM

The maid was full of shyte. She would have announced herself as she opened the door and you would have heard it. She stole your money but I'm not sure there's anything you can do about it.

mostsmooth 12-12-2005 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, but you cant say ho-mo. go figure

mostsmooth 12-12-2005 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The maid was full of shyte. She would have announced herself as she opened the door and you would have heard it. She stole your money but I'm not sure there's anything you can do about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
so youre saying the maid knew before opening the door that the money was there? or this maid never knocks and announces herself when entering rooms, hoping to find 2k sitting on a sink?

swede123 12-12-2005 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, I'm getting my place painted over the weekend and don't feel like being around the fumes. I play a 16 hour session from late Friday til Sat afternoon, then I check into a hotel on the West Side of LA. It's nothing special, but is prob 3 star. I get into my room at 6PM. I take a shower before going to sleep soon thereafter. Before my shower, I take some money from my pocket - probably 1.5 - 2K and place it on the counter next to the sink. After the shower, I turn the TV on and hit the bed. I fall asleep nearly immediately. I wake up at 9 or 10AM to the door to my room opening and then closing. I'm kind of out of it and just assume that housekeeping peaked in and left, as they often do.

So I finally get up around 11:30 and as I'm gathering my things to check out, I realize the money is gone. I search the room completely, and no money. I go to the front desk and explain the situation to a gay black employee. He calls housekeeping and after waiting for 30 minutes some type of Asian bisexual supervisor arrives. I tell my story and she is skeptical, but nice enough. She takes me to the depths of the hotel where housekeeping central command is located. She is able to find the Hispanic straight housekeeper who entered my room and briefly interrogates her en espanol while I watch. The young girl says "yes, I went in the room, but I saw his shoes by the door and immediately left.

The door and bathroom are not visible from the sleeping area. Also, the bathroom counter is partially visible from the door, and the bathroom light was on.

I leave my name/number and decide I don't want to talk to the Indian transexual hotel manager, because I've already wasted 2 hours of my day on this and I'm annoyed. Did I have any recourse to demand the hotel reimburse me? Do they have insurance for this kind of thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about that?

Swede

12-12-2005 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These big vagina ladies are getting away with murder.

http://www.hbo.com/larrydavid/img/ep...48/ep48_01.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey the guy on the left is Tony Paladino!

bwana devil 12-12-2005 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about that?

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

do you think the hotel manager is in a relationship? im kind of interested.

bwana

GuyOnTilt 12-12-2005 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Who doesn't at least open their eyes and look around when someone comes in their hotel room?

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone who's sleeping?

GoT

Los Feliz Slim 12-12-2005 06:41 PM

If this happens to me, the police are absolutely getting called. I'm wondering if an unlimited number of hotel employees would have had access to the room. If not, I want each employee who DID have access searched, and pronto.

What hotel was this?

RacersEdge 12-12-2005 06:42 PM

Less PC correctness please - the guy's just adding a little color to the story - so to speak..

swede123 12-12-2005 06:44 PM

Normally I completely agree with this statement; but the OP really didn't go out of his way to add "color" to the story except in the two instances when he mentions the black gay guy and the housekeeper who can only speak Spanish. Came across as pretty uncalled for in this particular story.

Swede

lapoker17 12-12-2005 06:46 PM

jesus, you guys are slow.

swede123 12-12-2005 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you expect from a bunch of chinks, niggers and kikes and whatever assorted misfits we have here? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Swede

Alobar 12-12-2005 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah, we all forgot, you are well known around here for your intelligence and comedy gold

12-12-2005 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

p.s. dont leave 2 Gs out on a counter next time moron...and you're welcome

[/ QUOTE ]

i just spit coca cola on my monitors. jesus!

GuyOnTilt 12-12-2005 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah, we all forgot, you are well known around here for your intelligence and comedy gold

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're going to insult his intelligence, you should probably say comedic gold.

GoT

Alobar 12-12-2005 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're going to insult his intelligence, you should probably say comedic gold.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

naw, I can still insult his intelligence, cuz its a relative scale. Even tho im dumb, im still smarter than him.

peachy 12-12-2005 07:14 PM

ok.....

A - ur an idiot for leaving money laying around in a 3 star hotel...let alone ANY hotel

B - lock your door next time

C - call the f'ing police and file a report RIGHT THEN AND THERE and get them on that supervisors butt - the police would have searched her and her belongings

D - WHAT THE F WERE U THINKING?!?!?!

E - u didnt wanna waste ur time talkin to the manager?!?!?! wtf kinda chump are u?!?!? If u didnt wanna take the time to get it back...then DONT post about it...and dont bitch when ur reinforcing housekeeping stealing! GOOD JOB!

u HAVE to be kidding me that ur that much of a push over that u walked out without getting to the bottom of this...wow...im in shock that u were about as dumb as u can get in every way here - from leaving the money out to doing next to nothing to get it back

and the gay black comment?? wow...ur a piece of work