Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Am I missing something? (NC) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401775)

12-20-2005 01:27 AM

Am I missing something? (NC)

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Weatherhead03 12-20-2005 01:36 AM

Re: Am I missing something? (NC)

There is a forum for this.

12-20-2005 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew someone would say that.

jba 12-20-2005 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew someone would say that.

[/ QUOTE ]

then how about adding some content to this thread.

for example, explain calling the flop.

12-20-2005 01:52 AM

I was on the draw, wanted to see what was coming. Figuring that the MP raised preflop, and then bet the flop, I felt calling was the best play incase I missed.

In fact, I didn't even realize what I had until I saw the results in the chat box. I was just looking at the flush. I didn't see the Royality of it.

12-20-2005 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was on the draw, wanted to see what was coming.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds bad.

numeri 12-20-2005 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? How could it be improved?

StellarWind 12-20-2005 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
for example, explain calling the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's cool. The backdoor flush draw, chance to win by making second pair, and chance that Button-wielding Villain will give himself a freecard are significant assets to add to the gutshot. I'd peel too.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This must have been a fun hand. NC is short for "no harm done" in my book but try not to make a habit of this [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

12-20-2005 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? How could it be improved?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nevermind, it was a joke.

12-20-2005 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

try not to make a habit of this [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

It was just this one time. We all like to see hands like this, you have to admit.

numeri 12-20-2005 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe so. It's late and I'm tired.

Regardless, it did sound bad - bad thinking. You shouldn't be drawing because you want to see what's coming. You need to be more precise. You should draw because even though you only have a straight draw and a backdoor flush draw, you're implied odds make up for it.

Be more careful in your thought process.

12-20-2005 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe so. It's late and I'm tired.

Regardless, it did sound bad - bad thinking. You shouldn't be drawing because you want to see what's coming. You need to be more precise. You should draw because even though you only have a straight draw and a backdoor flush draw, you're implied odds make up for it.

Be more careful in your thought process.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're still missing the joke. It was a sexual innuendo (??)

numeri 12-20-2005 02:46 AM

Did you read my post? I'm not an idiot. I know it was a joke. That's not the point. Read the content of my post.

12-20-2005 03:01 AM

Ok, enough with the joke. By the rest of your post, I sounded like you still didn't understand...my bad.

6max has been an incredible change of perspective for me. It has actually made me dig deep into the realms of poker and figure out what is going on.

You changed another one of my degrees of perspective and I thank you for that.