Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Eddie Guerrero Dead (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377530)

daveymck 11-13-2005 01:41 PM

Eddie Guerrero Dead

Another wrestler has died, in his hotel room according to wwe

Sightless 11-13-2005 01:43 PM

Re: Eddie Guerrero Dead

I wonder what the cause of his death is.

Cancer Merchant 11-13-2005 01:46 PM

Looks like he fell back off the wagon. Too bad...too many guys in that business get stuck on drugs.

KaneKungFu123 11-13-2005 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

s-t-e-r-o-i-d-s

diebitter 11-13-2005 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

s-t-e-r-o-i-d-s

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it'd be overcoking with a whore sitting on him.

Peter666 11-13-2005 01:57 PM

Maybe he'll come back to life to take Rey Mysterio with him.

IndieMatty 11-13-2005 01:57 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

TheRover 11-13-2005 01:58 PM

Goddammit, he was awesome.

KaneKungFu123 11-13-2005 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

s-t-e-r-o-i-d-s

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not a bad way to go [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Jack of Arcades 11-13-2005 02:08 PM

Very unsettling. Very unsurprising.

diebitter 11-13-2005 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

s-t-e-r-o-i-d-s

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not a bad way to go [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's called an 'Entwhistle' [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Soul Daddy 11-13-2005 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes and yes. Unfortunately, it is not surprising at all when a 38 year old wrestler is found dead in his hotel room. I'm sad.

KDawgCometh 11-13-2005 02:18 PM

i'm speachless right now

bdk3clash 11-13-2005 02:23 PM

Wow--this is terrible.

IndieMatty 11-13-2005 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow--this is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the best of all time, always battling his demons. This is tremendously sad.

Jack of Arcades 11-13-2005 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes and yes. Unfortunately, it is not surprising at all when a 38 year old wrestler is found dead in his hotel room. I'm sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's amazing; I saw him on SmackDown! not to long ago and told my friend "he'll be dead in five years." We both shook our heads, missing what Eddie Guerrero once had been.

Sigh.

My condolences to Hector, Mando, Chavo, Chavo, Jr., and all of the other Guerreros.

Lazymeatball 11-13-2005 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

One of the best of all time,

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, isn't this a bit of a stretch.

Soul Daddy 11-13-2005 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not if the subject is in-ring ability. Hell, or promos. He might not have been one of the most well known or successful, but his talent was up there with the best.

Jack of Arcades 11-13-2005 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eddie Guerrero wrestled 5* matches for at least 11 years.

Lazymeatball 11-13-2005 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also a huge stretch. Where were all the threads talking about how great EG was last week? He was a role player, never a superstar.

bdk3clash 11-13-2005 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think this is a stretch at all.

Lazymeatball 11-13-2005 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Name the top 5 off all time. EG is not on that list.

Edge34 11-13-2005 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, neither are a LOT of very very good wrestlers. I think Eddie was good enough to make a lot of bad angles work, its a shame that basically the last thing we got to see from him was a crappy "paternity feud" with Rey. That type of writing is why I hardly watch the stuff anymore. I'll compare him to Flyin' Brian Pillman...also deceased (and in Minneapolis). Great worker, victim of their own demons out of the ring and some pretty bad angles in the ring.

IndieMatty 11-13-2005 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also a huge stretch. Where were all the threads talking about how great EG was last week? He was a role player, never a superstar.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously are not a wrestling fan.

Soul Daddy 11-13-2005 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He was a role player, never a superstar.

[/ QUOTE ]
To the internet wrestling fan, Guerrero was a god.

11-13-2005 02:46 PM

He was a star. One of the best workers and talkers in the world. He was never quite the same after his tag partner in Mexico, Art Barr, died under similar circumstances in 1994.

Being on the road is tough, those guys take uppers, downers, roids and muscle relaxers. Its not good for you. Vince expects these guys to wrestle 300+ times a year in a different city every night. Not many people can do it without drugs.

IndieMatty 11-13-2005 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well "one of the best" does not assume top 5; considering there has been thousands of wrestlers over the years, let's say he is on par as an overall performer with the likes of Ric Flair, Austin, Angle, Pillman, Jake The Snake, Bret Hart etc.

Jack of Arcades 11-13-2005 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um... because we talk so much about wrestling on this board? Most of the wrestling fans here aren't smarks and their wrestling knowledge doesn't much extend past 1995.

I was a huge fan of Eddie, everything from Super J Cup '94 (vs. Taka, vs. Benoit) to his work in ECW (before it was Extreme, it was a haven for awesome workers) to WCW (his title vs mask match with Rey is one of the best matches I've ever SEEN - and Eddie OOZED charisma) to WWF/E (vs. ANYONE - Rey, Benoit, Angle, Lesnar, Jericho, etc). All Eddie Guerrero ever did was wrestle awesome matches.

11-13-2005 03:05 PM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

11-13-2005 03:24 PM

This book isnt about Eddie, but its about a wrestler who lived a similar life style. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...ks&n=507846

siccjay 11-13-2005 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe he'll come back to life to take Rey Mysterio with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a douchebag.

MasterShakes 11-13-2005 03:41 PM

I had no idea there were this many pro wrestling fans here. While I can't get into the storylines any more, I still get jazzed up for well-performed matches, and Guerrero's were always top notch. This is the first wrestler death that I've felt anything over at all. It's easily the most surprising one to hear of, and even more surprising that I heard it here first. I'm becoming convinced that this is an even more devastating profession to be in than pro football.

Lazymeatball 11-13-2005 03:42 PM

I am not as knowledgeable about wrestling history as some on this board. I watched it on saturday mornings as a kid during a period shortly after Hulkamania was at it's heights. And then In highschool for the period shortly before and leading up to the WWF/WCW merger.

That said, my main experience with EG is when he came over to WWF with Benoit and Milenko and some other guy. I liked him, he was amusing, but there was nothing compelling about him. He was obviously never a contender with the likes of Austin, Rock or HHH, Foley, etc. My point is, he was never even one of the best during his prime years, so to call him one of the best of all time is outlandish.

MasterShakes 11-13-2005 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That said, my main experience with EG is when he came over to WWF with Benoit and Milenko and some other guy. I liked him, he was amusing, but there was nothing compelling about him. He was obviously never a contender with the likes of Austin, Rock or HHH, Foley, etc. My point is, he was never even one of the best during his prime years, so to call him one of the best of all time is outlandish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that, when focusing entirely on character and popularity of character, he is not one of the best of all time. However, as a performer with actual ring skill, he is inarguably one of the best of all time. I think this is what people were trying to say.

It's one of the catch-22's of the wrestling profession - they want to push those with mic skills, but it's rare to find somebody with mic skills who also has ring skills. This is why, just a couple years ago, it was surprising to see both Benoit and Guerrero pushed as champions simultaneously. I saw it as a short-lived victory for those who pay attention to ring skill and ignore all the BS that surrounds this industry.

Lazymeatball 11-13-2005 03:55 PM

I am much more attracted to character and outlandish antics when I watch wrestling. When I want to watch ring skills, I watch UFC. I think this helps explain my views on EG.

KDawgCometh 11-13-2005 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there are many legends who would not make a top 5 list. Eddie is a legend. He has come close to making the observer HoF(which is the only legit pro wrestling HoF) recently, and Meltzer said that if eddie is able to hold the belt for another decent run, that he'd be a shoo-in in the next 3 years. Which makes things even sadder, as due to Batista's injury, it looks like Eddie was gonna get the belt tonight in a three way with Orton and Batista.

Eddie made the best out of whatever crap they gave him, and he made it gold. Look at the great promos he did with teh LWO in WCW, look at how big the Radicals invasion was in the WWF. The 5 man radicals match on smackdown was the highest rated ever single match for smackdown, it pulled around an 8. He carried jobbers and god awful wrestlers to great matches. Just look at how well he did with JBL. I'm not even gonna get into how amazing his matches were in japan as black tiger, and the Dean vs Eddie series in ECW

You obviously aren't that much of a wrestling fan, so please try to stay out of this as this is a very sad time for any true wrestling fan

Benal 11-13-2005 03:59 PM

RIP Latino Heeeeat

RacersEdge 11-13-2005 03:59 PM

Wrestling is fake - maybe this is too.

KDawgCometh 11-13-2005 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of the wrestling fans here aren't smarks and their wrestling knowledge doesn't much extend past 1995.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am, and obviously, I don't post at this site to talk wrestling, I go to DVD for that, and I order the wrestling observer and have for the past 4 1/2 years. It'd be silly for someone like me to come to this board to talk about wrestling(well, actually, sometimes its silly to go to dvd, as some of the people there don't seem to know much about wrestling either)

KDawgCometh 11-13-2005 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wrestling is fake - maybe this is too.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] off jackass