Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   i am going to rape your dog (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401925)

PokerBob 12-20-2005 07:58 AM

i am going to rape your dog

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.16 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kd Kc (one pair, kings).
Button has 2s Ac (straight, five high).
Outcome: Button wins 10.16 BB. </font>

pokergrader 12-20-2005 08:02 AM

Re: i am going to rape your dog

No need to get into a big pot this early in a tournament. Fold preflop.

istewart 12-20-2005 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl

12-20-2005 09:09 AM

This is why you should switch to NL. Not because he would have folded to bigger bets, but because it would have made this post that much better.

jrbick 12-20-2005 09:15 AM

standard.

12-20-2005 12:03 PM

simply outplayed, try reading Small Stakes Holdem by Ed Miller.

nolanfan34 12-20-2005 12:53 PM

I feel your pain man. This kind of stuff is why I could never play for a living, it makes me want to murder someone.

12-20-2005 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhhh....

bad timing numbnuts.

12-20-2005 01:25 PM

i'm all yours big boy

12-20-2005 01:28 PM

lol.

adios 12-20-2005 02:02 PM

I'll admit to being a little apprehensive about responding to posts in this forum because emotionally I admit to having a hang up with being supersticious. Intellectually I know the idea of a jinx is bunk. So at the risk of jinxing myself [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], the action that PokerBob received on these hands is exactly the kind of action a good player desires. In the long run the suckouts will happen as often as they should and a few hands don't matter all that much at limit poker anyway. The hands that PokerBob posted are perfect examples of poor players exhibiting their IMO number one money losing habit, going too far with their hands.

nolanfan34 12-20-2005 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll admit to being a little apprehensive about responding to posts in this forum because emotionally I admit to having a hang up with being supersticious. Intellectually I know the idea of a jinx is bunk. So at the risk of jinxing myself [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], the action that PokerBob received on these hands is exactly the kind of action a good player desires. In the long run the suckouts will happen as often as they should and a few hands don't matter all that much at limit poker anyway. The hands that PokerBob posted are perfect examples of poor players exhibiting their IMO number one money losing habit, going too far with their hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh sure, I realize these points. I'm just saying if I played full time, I'd probably never see the long run because after enough beats like this in a short period I'd be ready to commit a felony. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Grisgra 12-20-2005 02:38 PM

If he puts you on KK and knows you'll pay off a turn or river raise and see a showdown, I think he actually has odds to call you the whole way.

Obviously you could have AQ here and he'd be drawing almost dead . . . just sayin' [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

adios 12-20-2005 02:52 PM

I marvel at limit hold'em. Last night I had Kings cracked twice by having players go too far (no big deal), got down about 20 BB's, but won a couple of big pots from the blinds with less than great hands pre-flop simply because I got in cheap. It's never pleasant to lose a pot you're heavily favored to win but if you play long enough you get used to it and handle it. Just have to realize that poor players are losing a lot of money by taking their crummy hands too far after the flop in the pots you do win.

PokerBob 12-20-2005 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel your pain man. This kind of stuff is why I could never play for a living, it makes me want to murder someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

it makes me giggle.

PokerBob 12-20-2005 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

gold

12-20-2005 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he needs to build his stack so he can get to the FT.

kevstreet 12-20-2005 04:05 PM

Some instant classics in this thread, well done fellas!!

ZenMusician 12-20-2005 04:48 PM

RIP Sam [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

-ZEN

xCEO 12-20-2005 04:55 PM

raise the flop

PokerBob 12-21-2005 06:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
raise the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

But, he made runnerrunner flush!!!

McNeese72 12-21-2005 01:00 PM

Fold preflop. Unsuited K's never win. Now, if it would have been two red K's or two black K's.........

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Boris 12-21-2005 01:04 PM

on the turn it's obvious that villain is on a draw. you want to check the turn and check the river hoping to induce a bluff. This way you don't lose 3 BB, you only lose 1 BB and plus you make 1 BB when he misses. moran. winning poker is all about saving bets. don't be a chip spewing donk.

12-21-2005 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhhh....

bad timing numbnuts.

[/ QUOTE ]'

wtf who are you? take a joke or bite me

gildwulf 12-21-2005 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am going to rape your dog

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.curevents.com/vb/images/smilies/worth.gif

Toro 12-21-2005 09:11 PM