Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Party vs Prima NL SH (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375002)

Hattifnatt 11-09-2005 01:23 PM

Party vs Prima NL SH

I have been playing at Party (skins before the separation) for a time now.

How is the games at Party compared to the Prima Network?

Action? Poor opposition etc.?

Im intresting in 6-max NL 2/4 up to 5/10.

Hattifnatt 11-09-2005 02:06 PM

Re: Party vs Prima NL SH

#bump#

My question is how Prima is compared to Party, (messed up the order in first q. a little bit)?

Thinking about playing at Prima.

Some one here must play there... Have any experience [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

scdavis0 11-09-2005 02:10 PM

I can't stand the software. Despite the 40% rakeback I was getting, I cashed out.

MyMindIsGoing 11-09-2005 02:11 PM

Where can you get that?

Drizztdj 11-09-2005 02:11 PM

I love the miniview, but that's just me.

Hattifnatt 11-09-2005 02:15 PM

I played there a long time ago, and now I have looked at the software and it looks much better imo.

Is it just that its ugly an non-user-friendly or is there any serious bugs (get disconnected and so) in it?

And does any one know if they fix the bug where you can Re-open the betting but a raise is to small at first.

scdavis0 11-09-2005 02:34 PM

I just don't feel like I have anywhere near long enough to act on my hand in some situations.

Bukem_ 11-09-2005 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just don't feel like I have anywhere near long enough to act on my hand in some situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buttons are small, and you have to hit enter after the amount, so its easy to time out. Plus easy to miss a screen popping up if you doing something else.

But a lot of players there play poker like its bingo.

Hattifnatt 11-09-2005 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Buttons are small, and you have to hit enter after the amount, so its easy to time out. Plus easy to miss a screen popping up if you doing something else.

But a lot of players there play poker like its bingo.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is the games (esp. 2/4 sh) as soft as Party?

RiverFenix 11-09-2005 02:56 PM

The games are terrible (havent played past 100nl 6max), i mean really , really bad. The only reason I dont play is the software is horrendous - be prepared to time out often and it takes an extra 2-3 seconds or so to enter a bet amount.

Hattifnatt 11-09-2005 02:58 PM

I am always using the bet amount box but almost never play more than 2 tables (most often 1). Do you think its big risk that I will time out from time to time anyway?

Bukem_ 11-09-2005 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Is the games (esp. 2/4 sh) as soft as Party?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but in a different type of way. More value betting vs monkeys, less big dumb bluffs like on party.

I can 4 table there withouot timing out. But I don't have time to do anything else.

11-09-2005 03:41 PM

I play on Bet365 to clear their bonii.

My university internet connection is [censored] (you would think 40 G's a year for a private school would net you a decent IT group). I disconnect 3 times an hour there, and it takes about 2 minutes to reconnect (which means yes, your KK just got folded preflop when the donk UTG pushed his short stack). The swarming fishies make it tolerable, and a lot of the time there are big stack fishies which are fun to double off of.

Edit: miniview is fantastic. Yes, raises arent instant, because the default increments are 1xBB 2xBB 3xBB or allin. The tiny ass manual bet entry box is hard to click on and sometimes doesn't register. It can be a pain.

MyMindIsGoing 11-09-2005 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And does any one know if they fix the bug where you can Re-open the betting but a raise is to small at first.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not a bug, it has always been like that and still is.

MyMindIsGoing 11-09-2005 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The games are terrible (havent played past 100nl 6max), i mean really , really bad. The only reason I dont play is the software is horrendous - be prepared to time out often and it takes an extra 2-3 seconds or so to enter a bet amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played prima 2 years and timed out like 3 times. Get a better connection.

Morrek 11-09-2005 04:28 PM

Played about 70k hands on prima, love the software with the exception of the "poping up" of the windows when its your turn. Betting and raising is NP imo, just drag-select the numbers in the box, and type your number and press "bet" or "raise" (don't need to press enter, it just doesn't update the button until you press enter)

edit: I can 4-5table np with msn and surfing the web at the same time without ever having to time out. only problem is when tables lose a few players so it's 3handed on 2-3 of the tables but doesn't happen that often, and I just leave if I can't handle it and find a new table

Hattifnatt 11-09-2005 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not a bug, it has always been like that and still is.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its a "bug" in the way that it is not as the poker rules should/use to be + very unfair for these who take advantage of it.

Hattifnatt 11-09-2005 05:00 PM

Sounds pretty good, any idea of the opposition, vs party for example?

scdavis0 11-09-2005 05:02 PM

I can 8+ table PokerStars NO PROBLEM. I still have time to IM, surf 2+2, etc.

Trying to 4 table on Prima would put me on some kind of bad software tilt.

Kyriefurro 11-09-2005 05:05 PM

The games are terrible. All rocks and setminers.

Yeah...that's it....uh....terrible.

P.S. Stay off my tables [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

P.P.S There's a reason I've had no desire to leave this site after I switched to it a couple of months ago.

Kyriefurro 11-09-2005 05:08 PM

Seriously, though, there's a bad lull that hits around 8pm EST where it becomes a bit challenging to find a truly good table. Lasts for about 30-45 minutes or so. My guess is that the Swedes have all gone to bed by then, the British haven't gotten home from the pubs yet, and the Americans are still eating dinner [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

Before and after that dead period, though, the games are pretty juicy.

Bukem_ 11-09-2005 05:09 PM

I see this type of action at prima 10x more than anywhere else.

Raise, call. both fish have 50bb.

Flop 478, kj bets, qt pushes all in, kj calls.

4_2_it 11-09-2005 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please say you saw this at NL $100 or NL $200........

Morrek 11-09-2005 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe, yeah and then turn comes Q and river K, then qt guy goes on about how he's always being badbeated and how prima is "rigged"

Bukem_ 11-09-2005 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Higher.

ALso saw I guy call an all in with 10 high, which was close to the nut low considering the board. I bet all in 3x pot on river with A9 on a board of ATTK6 and won.

4_2_it 11-09-2005 05:32 PM

Alright it's decided, a Prima skin will be my first r#ckb#ck account!

Kyriefurro 11-09-2005 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Real hand from NL100 6-max last night:

(Please note that this play is NOT typical for me - it was completely read dependant)

BigFish has $49. It's what's left of his 3rd buy in (guess where his first two buy-ins are [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img])

Hero in BB w/ K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], BigFish is UTG.

Preflop <font color="blue"> (6 players) </font>: BigFish calls, MP folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, Hero <font color="red"> raises to $8 </font>, BigFish calls, Button folds, SB folds.

($18) Flop <font color="blue"> (2 players) </font>: J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets $15, BigFish calls

($48) Turn <font color="blue"> (2 players) </font>: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets $35, BigFish calls $26 (all-in).

($97) River: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Results:
Hero shows KJ for two-pair, Kings and Jacks
BigFish 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I am not making this up!!

4_2_it 11-09-2005 05:50 PM

Now I know how Moses felt when he saw the promised land!

Morrek 11-09-2005 05:51 PM

LOL. nh

Hattifnatt 11-10-2005 08:50 PM

Bump

The_Bends 11-10-2005 09:18 PM

I'm playing Bet365 for the bonus. NL100.

UTG limps AKs on button, I raise UTG calls

flop 2s 3s 5d

I bet pot he calls

turn Kc

He bets, I raise all in he calls.

Ah9h

?

Althought I will say the software is terrible, gives you no time, poker tracker doesn't work and the last time I played there all my tables were full of rocks.

So very mixed experiences for me

11-10-2005 09:30 PM

PT works just fine. You need a special database patch or somesuch.

The_Bends 11-10-2005 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PT works just fine. You need a special database patch or somesuch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, sorry I meant you can't use Gametime/PokerHUD. The hands are only available whenyou shut the table.

Hattifnatt 11-24-2005 10:25 AM

I bump this thread.

Just because Ive tried out the 2/4 at Prima now and after my short experience I don't think its nearly as good as at party. Maybe I just was unlucky enough to be at tables with tight sharks and some hit-and-runners? Any one here that play regularly at Prima 2/4 3/6?

saxhoe 11-24-2005 10:58 AM

Hi i dont play the 2/4 just 0,5/1 yet. I believe that when expekt left the network a lot of fish left too. At least those playing at Swedish daytime. I will try their TAIN network now. Dont know about PT there though... How is your experience from cashing out and such at Party? Do u have to use NetTelller?

saxhoe 11-24-2005 10:59 AM

What's your nick at prima? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hattifnatt 11-24-2005 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How is your experience from cashing out and such at Party? Do u have to use NetTelller?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a little off topic but:
Ive only using Neteller to cash out/deposit. But I think you can cash out to a bank account as well at Party for a fee of $35 or so. But if you don't have a neteller account, get that. its very easy to use etc.

saxhoe 11-24-2005 11:03 AM

I'll do that.. So u like Party?

Hattifnatt 11-24-2005 11:05 AM

Yep, absolutely. But Im trying out Prima now and had some hopes it would be good, but I dont know yet about that. That was why I bumped this thread.

PugX 11-24-2005 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, sorry I meant you can't use Gametime/PokerHUD. The hands are only available whenyou shut the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

PA HUD works fine, almost realtime.