Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   People on The Price is Right are idiots (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379611)

TheMainEvent 11-16-2005 12:38 PM

People on The Price is Right are idiots

Nobody has a clue what they are doing in the initial bidding, I see it time and time again. Here's an example:

Keep in mind this is the closest to the actual price without going over

They are bidding on a set of snowshoes. I can't remember how many you get but they're pretty sweet and expensive looking.

Player 1: $750, a solid opening bid
Player 2: $1, a little risky in my opinion with two players yet to act
Player 3: $751
Player 4: $650. WTF? Her options are to choose 2 dollars or 752. If she doesn't want to seem mean by picking 2 dollars she can go with 100 or something. terrible.

citanul 11-16-2005 12:43 PM

Re: People on The Price is Right are idiots

[ QUOTE ]
People on The Price is Right are idiots

[/ QUOTE ]

duh.

c

pokerstudAA 11-16-2005 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Player 4: $650. WTF? Her options are to choose 2 dollars or 752. If she doesn't want to seem mean by picking 2 dollars she can go with 100 or something. terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

"I will bid 420 BOB"

PRICE IS RIGHT 420

swede123 11-16-2005 12:46 PM

Yeah, this bugs me too. And it happens at least three out of the six times they do this each show. The other day there were two entire sets of golf clubs up for bid. The first guy went way low with like $500. Next person something like $700, and the last two clowns were in the $300 range. Of course the two sets were worth something like $2000, and a simple $701 would have gotten to compete.

I guess it is a good cross section of the smarts of the average American, which doesn't say much for this fine country.

Swede

citanul 11-16-2005 12:49 PM

smart people really, really, really don't attend the price is right.

BoogerFace 11-16-2005 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
smart people really, really, really don't watch the price is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

danzasmack 11-16-2005 12:55 PM

My buddy was on price is right. He was the guy to bet $1 over the highest person and won.

He played plinko and it was the most dramatic thing I've ever seen. He won like 4 chips. The first 3 were like $0, $100, $0. The last chip, he drops it down and it is about to fall in $0, when it gets stuck. Bob picks it up, walks it to my buddy and he drops it again and it lands right in the $10k slot.

Honestly, I have never seen him so excited it was hillarious to watch.

Plinko is rigged.

11-16-2005 12:58 PM

Was she fat?

housenuts 11-16-2005 01:33 PM

it's funny too because alot of them are college students and they are still idiots.

i've always wanted to bid $1 on the showcase showdown. sometimes the first person drastically overbids. you can tell it's about 15k over, then the 2nd dummy ends up overbidding too. idiots. maybe they were trying to get it right on to get both prizes.

samjjones 11-16-2005 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe they were trying to get it right on to get both prizes.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know your greedy ass would be trying to do this, too...

Sponger15SB 11-16-2005 01:39 PM

I don't really watch the price is right, however when I watch Jeopardy (2x a day, yay) it reallllllllly bugs the [censored] out of me when people [censored] up the betting on final jeopardy. Although what bugs me more is when someone gets the 2nd daily double and they are way behind and they wager just enough to ensure its impossible for them to win unless they get like the remaining 8 answers correct. Idiots.

StevieG 11-16-2005 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PRICE IS RIGHT 420

[/ QUOTE ]

Price is Right 1337

CrazyEyez 11-16-2005 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody has a clue what they are doing in the initial bidding, I see it time and time again. Here's an example:

They are bidding on a set of snowshoes. I can't remember how many you get but they're pretty sweet and expensive looking.

[/ QUOTE ]
I get what you're saying and I'm smart enough to not to say $650, but I'm so bad at guessing those prices. You said expensive-looking snowshoes and I was thinking like $200. I guess that would have been better than $650 though. I'm always way off on those.

Someone should start a P.I.R. thread where you post a picture of merchandise and take bids.

MasterShakes 11-16-2005 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

PRICE IS RIGHT 420

[/ QUOTE ]

Price is Right 1337

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the second time I've seen this and it's way over my head. What is 1337 referring to?

pokerstudAA 11-16-2005 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

PRICE IS RIGHT 420

[/ QUOTE ]

Price is Right 1337

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the second time I've seen this and it's way over my head. What is 1337 referring to?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what the 1337 is about.....anyone??

housenuts 11-16-2005 02:00 PM

1337 = leet = elite = how nerds identify themselves as elite nerds

Ulysses 11-16-2005 02:22 PM

So, you guys actually watch The Price is Right.

imported_The Vibesman 11-16-2005 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't even know this was still on. Is Bob Barker still alive?

pokerstudAA 11-16-2005 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't even know this was still on. Is Bob Barker still alive?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob Barker is secretly being kept alive by CBS through intense medical treatment, plastic surgery, and botox.

How can you hate the Price is Right?

HopeydaFish 11-16-2005 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we have to give a pass to people in Burbank, California not knowing the price of snowshoes. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

antidan444 11-16-2005 02:36 PM

When I watch the Price is Right, it's for the unimaginable unintentional comedy.

The Clock Game is surreal.

A few months back someone bid $60,000-plus on their showcase, which was obviously less than $30,000. I was literally on the floor laughing.

And bidder's row deserves its own blooper-reel.

MasterShakes 11-16-2005 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I watch the Price is Right, it's for the unimaginable unintentional comedy.

The Clock Game is surreal.

A few months back someone bid $60,000-plus on their showcase, which was obviously less than $30,000. I was literally on the floor laughing.

And bidder's row deserves its own blooper-reel.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. Plus Bob has been making the same jokes for a few centuries now. I think he still does this little gem about the range game (it goes something like this): "Now, only stop it when you're sure, becuase it needs to recharge 24 hours before we can start it up again..."

antidan444 11-16-2005 02:50 PM

Forgot about the game (I can't remember the name) where there's three prizes, one with three digits (the prize price is two digits), one with four (the prize has three) and a car at the end (six digits, use five). Contestants get 10 total guesses at the three prizes, and they must win the first prize before moving to the second, and the second before they get to the car.

This game in inevitably, terribly butchered by 95% of the contestants who play it. I've seen several butcher it so bad that they never even got to the car, for crying out loud. Most of the people on these boards could get the first two prizes in four or fewer guesses.

benfranklin 11-16-2005 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's funny too because alot of them are college students and they are still idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen no evidence that those two catagories are mutually exclusive.

tdarko 11-16-2005 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
first, i can't believe you watch this show but i would be angry too, that is ridiculous.

a little story about how my gf said i am way too competitive the other week. the game was "pick a number between 1-10," obviously the closest to it wins so the person second to act has an advantage. my gf's bro picked 7 (terrible opener, always start with 5...make them go above or below and even out your chances), so i am thinking, "yes its in the bag!" my gf's sis says, "8." i was so angry at her for losing, and she was trying to tell me that the number could have been above 7 blah blah blah and i was trying to explain it to her and it basically just led to my gf saying that its a dumb game and i shouldn't analyze things too much. [censored] she played it terrible [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img].

swede123 11-16-2005 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Back in college I watched it every day for a few months, just because of having a break from class when it was on. Since then I don't watch it at all, but happened to catch it the other day at a hotel room somewhere. It's one of those shows where you know what you're gonna get everytime, so there are no high expecation to fulfill or anything, it's just goofy entertainment.

Swede

Sponger15SB 11-16-2005 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we have to give a pass to people in Burbank, California not knowing the price of snowshoes. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just think its great when a 70 year old woman wins the showcase showdown of a sail boat or a european skiing vacation instead of the home furnishing package.

Sponger15SB 11-16-2005 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a little story about how my gf said i am way too competitive the other week. the game was "pick a number between 1-10," obviously the closest to it wins so the person second to act has an advantage. my gf's bro picked 7 (terrible opener, always start with 5...make them go above or below and even out your chances), so i am thinking, "yes its in the bag!" my gf's sis says, "8." i was so angry at her for losing, and she was trying to tell me that the number could have been above 7 blah blah blah and i was trying to explain it to her and it basically just led to my gf saying that its a dumb game and i shouldn't analyze things too much. [censored] she played it terrible [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this happens all the time in the drinking game [censored] the dealer. You pick a card between 2-A and then if you miss the person looking at the deck says that the card is either higher or lower than what what you guess, and then you get to guess again. Obviously you should be guessing 7, 8, or 9 for like the first 30 cards depending on what has already been revealed, but there are people who constantly start off their guess with 4 and J, etc. and it drives me crazy. Of course when they get it on the first guess they always have to say that they knew it.

Assholes.

Dynasty 11-16-2005 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he still does this little gem about the range game (it goes something like this): "Now, only stop it when you're sure, becuase it needs to recharge 24 hours before we can start it up again..."

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was a kid, I used to believe that.

SuitedSixes 11-16-2005 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think he still does this little gem about the range game (it goes something like this): "Now, only stop it when you're sure, becuase it needs to recharge 24 hours before we can start it up again..."

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was a kid, I used to believe that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would Bob lie to us about something like that?

canis582 11-16-2005 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus Bob has been making the same jokes for a few centuries now. I think he still does this little gem about the range game (it goes something like this): "Now, only stop it when you're sure, becuase it needs to recharge 24 hours before we can start it up again..."

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds true when you are 4. I saw it again when I was in college and was like 'waitaminute'

MyTurn2Raise 11-16-2005 04:17 PM

pot (OOT) meet kettle (Price is Right)

ZeeJustin 11-16-2005 04:19 PM

The Dumbest thing I\'ve Ever Seen on a Game Show

Family Fued, the old '70's version.
This southern black hardcore baptist family is on.
Category: Cities on the Ocean.
50ish old gray haired lady thinks for a few seconds and says "New Jersey".
Host: "Well, we were looking for a city, not a state. Judges, are we going to take that as guess." - Big red X buzzer sounds - "I'm sorry, but we need a city not a state"
He goes to the next guy. Enthusiastically he says "Florida!"

11-16-2005 04:36 PM

Re: The Dumbest thing I\'ve Ever Seen on a Game Show

[ QUOTE ]
Host: "Well, we were looking for a city, not a state. Judges, are we going to take that as guess." - Big red X buzzer sounds - "I'm sorry, but we need a city not a state"

[/ QUOTE ]

That info was important enough to include?

Dynasty 11-16-2005 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stories are better when you include as much information as you can about the main characters without getting long-winded.

webmonarch 11-16-2005 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I will bid 420 BOB"

PRICE IS RIGHT 420

[/ QUOTE ]

THis video is awesomely unfunny. I don't even think stoners would think this is funny.

StevieG 11-16-2005 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"I will bid 420 BOB"

PRICE IS RIGHT 420

[/ QUOTE ]

THis video is awesomely unfunny. I don't even think stoners would think this is funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish there were a longer shot of his reaction on the second item, when he realizes that 420 would have won, and instead he had bid 1420.

daryn 11-16-2005 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, now STFU

TheNoodleMan 11-16-2005 05:36 PM

This guy pwns the 420 guy. Its one thing to go on the show and bid $420 and lose, but when you can go up there tripping and actually win... well, just watch it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

swede123 11-16-2005 05:40 PM

That's awesome, thanks.

Swede