Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Time Magazine--Person of the Year? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400694)

Talk2BigSteve 12-18-2005 08:26 AM

Time Magazine--Person of the Year?

Who should it be this year?

Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Yeti 12-18-2005 08:28 AM

Re: Time Magazine--Person of the Year?

Randall.

ononimo 12-18-2005 08:33 AM

Mother Nature.

diebitter 12-18-2005 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who should it be this year?

Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ay, you can't nominate yourself!

12-18-2005 10:01 AM

Tony Dungy?

Lazymeatball 12-18-2005 10:03 AM

Everybody knows it's "Man of the Year." 'Person' of the year sounds so pussy. If a women actually steps up to win "Man of they Year" it will be that much more of an accomplishment.

masse75 12-18-2005 12:25 PM

Pokerjo

surfinillini 12-18-2005 12:26 PM

* of the year

BadBoyBenny 12-18-2005 12:26 PM

Dr Hwang Woo-suk

eviljeff 12-18-2005 12:32 PM

Clarkmeister.

pokerdirty 12-18-2005 01:04 PM

Winnars:
http://www.lifeinwidescreen.com/siih...year_ny110.jpg

Look how happy Bill Gates looks, and look how pissed off Boner and Melinda Gates look...

diebitter 12-18-2005 01:09 PM

I don't know his name, but I saw one report on the BBC news and it blew me away. Just some Londoner.

July 7th bombings in London. One guy was pulled out with eye/face injury, and patched up.

He was sent on his way, and had to walk home cos all transport was up the creek. The camera followed him, and as he walked, kids asked him how it was, was it scary? stuff like that. He just stopped and talked to them.

On his way, he passed a big mosque in central/East London (I know it well, I used to pass it every day going to college). They offered him tea, as they were offering to all people passing (lots of Londoners had to walk home that night). They asked him how he got injured, and again, he calmly explained (remember, the early speculation was Islamic extremists, and everyone knew this, including the injured guy). They invited him in, and he went in, and talked, patiently, quietly, calmly, to the little muslim kids, who asked him how it felt, and so on.

Then he just left and calmly walked the rest of the way home.

Boy that guy had some heart to be able to do that after being in a bombed train.

He's my person of the year, whoever he is.

InchoateHand 12-18-2005 02:09 PM

It was about quarter past two in the morning, and by law, liquor sales were el-finito.

The grocery store clerk manning the U-Scan didn't bat an eye as I slapped a few bottle of mediocre wine across the scanner, gave a perfunctory wave of my ID, and disappeared into the night.

Person. Of. The. Year.

eviljeff 12-18-2005 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know his name, but I saw one report on the BBC news and it blew me away. Just some Londoner.

July 7th bombings in London. One guy was pulled out with eye/face injury, and patched up.

He was sent on his way, and had to walk home cos all transport was up the creek. The camera followed him, and as he walked, kids asked him how it was, was it scary? stuff like that. He just stopped and talked to them.

On his way, he passed a big mosque in central/East London (I know it well, I used to pass it every day going to college). They offered him tea, as they were offering to all people passing (lots of Londoners had to walk home that night). They asked him how he got injured, and again, he calmly explained (remember, the early speculation was Islamic extremists, and everyone knew this, including the injured guy). They invited him in, and he went in, and talked, patiently, quietly, calmly, to the little muslim kids, who asked him how it felt, and so on.

Then he just left and calmly walked the rest of the way home.

Boy that guy had some heart to be able to do that after being in a bombed train.

He's my person of the year, whoever he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

even if he bombed the train?

12-18-2005 02:29 PM

Mr. and Mrs. Utah

istewart 12-18-2005 02:31 PM

Terri Schiavo.

diebitter 12-18-2005 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mr. and Mrs. Utah

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, that's "King of the Trolls"

12-18-2005 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mr. and Mrs. Utah

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you're right. How about the first guy to bang a MySpace girl. 13 days 'til the end of the year, could be close at the rate they are going at.

diebitter 12-18-2005 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mr. and Mrs. Utah

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you're right. How about the first guy to bang a MySpace girl. 13 days 'til the end of the year, could be close at the rate they are going at.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure some have been banged anyway, but no one wants to spoil a good thing. It's "first to admit banging a mysepace girl" - which is just as worthy, to my mind [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

12-18-2005 05:10 PM

T.O.