Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   BLIND BATTLE AGAIN. V AGGRO. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=357301)

flawless_victory 10-14-2005 12:23 AM

BLIND BATTLE AGAIN. V AGGRO.

vilain is quite LAG, but isnt totally clueless or psychotic... pretty typical for this game.
Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (9 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

tongni 10-14-2005 12:27 AM

Re: BLIND BATTLE AGAIN. V AGGRO.

Check this river.

Subfallen 10-14-2005 12:30 AM

So awesome.

partygirluk 10-14-2005 12:30 AM

I think he has a value bet. It is certainly close.

ALL1N 10-14-2005 12:31 AM

nh sir

bugstud 10-14-2005 01:42 AM

A9 no goot

wackjob 10-14-2005 01:53 AM

check on river is terrible, bet it down was win I'm sure!

aba20 10-14-2005 02:03 AM

what is your line if you are three bet on the turn?

tizim 10-14-2005 02:14 AM

Don't you think the turn raise subjects you to getting 3-bet when you really don't want to get 3-bet?

I definitely agree with the river bet the way the turn played out, but IMO the turn raise is thin and risky against a LAG that capped preflop.

flawless_victory 10-14-2005 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think the turn raise subjects you to getting 3-bet when you really don't want to get 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]would you say the same thing if my hand was JJ?
do you see my point?

tizim 10-14-2005 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]would you say the same thing if my hand was JJ?
do you see my point?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see your point at all. With JJ, the turn raise would be easy because there's tons of value in it, and even if you get 3-bet, you're in no tough spot because you're probably still a favorite. With AQ though, there's much less value in the turn raise, and getting 3-bet sucks because no matter how you respond to it, you'll either 1) fold the possibly best hand, 2) get to showdown at less favorable odds (as opposed to calling down), or 3) fold live outs.

What am I missing?? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

flawless_victory 10-14-2005 06:00 AM

ok... your point is valid here... im just pointint out to you that you should not be afraid to raise w/ a non-nut hand that figures to be good a high percentage of the time because you may open yourself up to be reraised. itll just be one more bet anyway.

BTW/ i prob didnt stress how aggresive this guy is in the OP... he is v aggro PF and has been in thegame constantly since ive been playing in it the past few weeks... we have gone at it in a big way so we have some metagame going.. basically ive been threebetting his ass extremely light and just giving him a lot of action.

stinkypete 10-14-2005 07:00 AM

the river bet here is totally opponent dependent. the read you give isn't enough to say whether it's correct or not. this is the kind of situation where paying attention to the game is really important. you have to know what's happened in the past 20 hands or so, and you have to know your opponent.

it's a feel thing. my guess is you posted this hand because you know you played it well, and you knew your hand was good when you bet the river.

flawless_victory 10-14-2005 05:38 PM

RSLTS.

so MHWG.
the guy straight left the table after this hand.. haha.

limitholdemshark 10-14-2005 05:51 PM

i raise the flop.y?i want info and 2 c where im at.if sb calls my flop raise i bet the turn and if sb calls my turn bet then bet the river.he might have AK suited or even AQ suited.

dhaimon 10-14-2005 05:59 PM

and if he 3-bets the flop or checkraises the turn? not much information gained there.

this is not 1/2 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

flawless_victory 10-14-2005 06:02 PM

hmmm.... good point! excellent stuff.