Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Anyone know what the hell I am doing? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=299785)

krishanleong 07-25-2005 12:06 AM

Anyone know what the hell I am doing?

Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
I raise UTG and get called by MP only.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
bet, call.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, bet, I call???

Krishan

ghostface 07-25-2005 12:09 AM

Re: Anyone know what the hell I am doing?

It seems like he could have literally a ton of hands that beat you here. The line he took would work for 22, 33, 55, Axs, and Axo. I think you lose this a lot more than 4/5 times.

Kyle 07-25-2005 12:13 AM

I usually bet this turn. I dont know if this is correct or not. What are everyone's thoughts on the hero's turn decision?

ghostface 07-25-2005 12:14 AM

And when the river blanks?

Danenania 07-25-2005 12:17 AM

Have to bet the turn. Many many hands will be peeling on that flop and the J should be a scary card to your opponent. And even if you get raised your equity will normally be pretty good with so many outs. I'm not too worried about an MP coldcaller having a 4. Hell you will have the best hand on this turn a good amount of the time too.

Kyle 07-25-2005 12:18 AM

Gotcha. Easy check call then. Right?

goofball 07-25-2005 12:18 AM

Bet the turn, bet the river based on lots of things.

krishanleong 07-25-2005 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have to bet the turn. Many many hands will be peeling on that flop and the J should be a scary card to your opponent. And even if you get raised your equity will normally be pretty good with so many outs. I'm not too worried about an MP coldcaller having a 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the turn was atrocious. How is the river?

Krishan

ghostface 07-25-2005 12:18 AM

How is it an esay c/c on the river? I'm so lost.

ALL1N 07-25-2005 12:20 AM

I do hope you were checkraising this turn and not checkcalling. I'd usually just bet it though.

Danenania 07-25-2005 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have to bet the turn. Many many hands will be peeling on that flop and the J should be a scary card to your opponent. And even if you get raised your equity will normally be pretty good with so many outs. I'm not too worried about an MP coldcaller having a 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the turn was atrocious. How is the river?

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the river. What hand is checking that turn then betting a blank 2? Looks fishy to me so I call.

Kyle 07-25-2005 12:23 AM

Yea me too. I was talking about the turn c/c. After betting the turn I always find myself in a tough spot when the river blanks. In response to your earlier post I thought you were saying that betting the turn is incorrect.

krishanleong 07-25-2005 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I do hope you were checkraising this turn and not checkcalling. I'd usually just bet it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I blame it on multitabling.

Krishan

ghostface 07-25-2005 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know what the hell we are talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, just kidding

goofball 07-25-2005 12:30 AM

I would never call on the river with K high unless I knew the opponent. First of all you just look like a schmuck if he has like, A4 and you muck your hand.

krishanleong 07-25-2005 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would never call on the river with K high unless I knew the opponent. First of all you just look like a schmuck if he has like, A4 and you muck your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind looking like a shmuck. I'm just trying to make money.

Krishan

goofball 07-25-2005 12:33 AM

Second, since youare now behind all A high's, I think your hand is almost never good enoguh to make it worth it.

krishanleong 07-25-2005 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Second, since youare now behind all A high's, I think your hand is almost never good enoguh to make it worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ace high doesn't bet this river.

Krishan

goofball 07-25-2005 12:37 AM

I bet that river with AK for value at least once per day.

People bet A high in that spot all teh [censored] time.

zimmer879 07-25-2005 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A hand that has no chance to win except by betting this river will bet the river. I like the chack/call.

ghostface 07-25-2005 12:38 AM

So we are tryin to figure out whether the guy is better or worse than ace high?

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I'm trying to get some kind of foundation.

krishanleong 07-25-2005 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet that river with AK for value at least once per day.

People bet A high in that spot all teh [censored] time.

[/ QUOTE ]

We will just have to disagree.

Krishan

Kyle 07-25-2005 12:40 AM

This may have been one of the most confusing threads I've been a part of on 2+2. But seriously, I hate this spot more than I hate olives, which is a hell of a lot. However I think bet/bet/bet or check fold is the best line. I seriously doubt that the hero is going to be good enough times on this river to justify a call. Someone please correct me if I am wrong though.

ghostface 07-25-2005 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This may have been one of the most confusing threads I've been a part of on 2+2. But seriously, I hate this spot more than I hate olives, which is a hell of a lot. However I think bet/bet/bet or check fold is the best line. I seriously doubt that the hero is going to be good enough times on this river to justify a call. Someone please correct me if I am wrong though.

[/ QUOTE ]

We, though, can agree.

krishanleong 07-25-2005 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We, though, can agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best line is bet/bet/check-fold.

The hand as played needs a river call.

Krishan

goofball 07-25-2005 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So we are tryin to figure out whether the guy is better or worse than ace high?

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I'm trying to get some kind of foundation.

[/ QUOTE ]

we are trying to figure out if our hands is good enough times to justify calling based on pot odds.

Danenania 07-25-2005 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ace high doesn't bet this river.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of players who will bet A-high HU when checked to on the river, who knows why (and whatever he has here, he's obviously played it badly). I think you will see A-high a fair amount, but other random hands too, enough of them to make calling right.

ghostface 07-25-2005 12:45 AM

This thread has me so confused I forgot the original action.
So its bet/bet/ (bet / check/fold) or bet/check/call.

Just so its in writing.

krishanleong 07-25-2005 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread has me so confused I forgot the original action.
So its bet/bet/ (bet / check/fold) or bet/check/call.

Just so its in writing.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes in my opinion. Bedtime, I'll look in in the morning.

Krishan

cartman 07-25-2005 01:06 AM

I would definitely bet the turn and usually bet the river (especially a non-diamond). I would check and fold this river before I would check and call.

Cartman

sthief09 07-25-2005 01:32 AM

given the turn play, I like the river play

NLfool 07-25-2005 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
I raise UTG and get called by MP only.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
bet, call.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, bet, I call???

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

weird I don't think of any hand that checks behind the turn and bets the 2. 3,5 (I highly doubt) maybe 2dxd I would think A high would be very happy to check this down.

Last year I made plenty of A high calls that were good but at this time the games are tougher and you really blow too many chips calling A high, let alone K high but if there was action to indicate K high was good this might be it.

BTW I'd bet the turn and fold to a raise.

Poldi 07-25-2005 04:04 AM

Villain might show a busted draw where he thought betting the river is the only way to win it. Cant tell if its often enough to justify a call though.

Villain also just cold-called preflop. As you gave no read, maybe he wanted a multi-way pot with the blinds which would also make a drawing hand more probable.

HesseJam 07-25-2005 04:10 AM

I'd rather raise the river than call. Usually I'd fold.

krishanleong 07-25-2005 07:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

BTW I'd bet the turn and fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flush draw.

Krishan

krishanleong 07-25-2005 07:14 AM

Results. I won. Villian tabled T9o.

Krishan

Alobar 07-25-2005 09:28 AM

havent read the replies yet, but bet the turn