Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Best SNL cast member (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394028)

splashpot 12-08-2005 05:00 AM

Best SNL cast member

I know some great skits are left out, but some of those cast members only had one or two good skits. Most of them can't compare to these legends. You can choose 3.

istewart 12-08-2005 05:01 AM

Re: Best SNL cast member

[ QUOTE ]
Molly Shannon

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf

Colonel Kataffy 12-08-2005 05:01 AM

Will Ferrell, Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi, in that order.

Jack of Arcades 12-08-2005 05:04 AM

What is Chris Rock doing on here?

splashpot 12-08-2005 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Molly Shannon

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know, man. It was hard to come up with a short list. I was trying to include a couple of female cast members. FWIW, she's at the bottom of the list.

tonypaladino 12-08-2005 05:04 AM

Steve Martin was not technically a cast member

Vavavoom 12-08-2005 05:04 AM

Wasn't Jim Carrey an SNL'er ?

I think Eddie M/Will Ferrell & Adam Sandler ?

Colonel Kataffy 12-08-2005 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't Jim Carrey an SNL'er ?

I think Eddie M/Will Ferrell & Adam Sandler ?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but he was on in living color.

Vavavoom 12-08-2005 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay...My bad - Get confused between the two...

ononimo 12-08-2005 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

one show has token black characters and the other one had a token white character.

James Boston 12-08-2005 05:25 AM

Chris Farley...and it isn't even close.

craig r 12-08-2005 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

one show has token black characters and the other one had a token white character.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure Eddie Murphy was not a token black character. In fact, he would have to tell them to stop putting him in so many skits. Ferrell was very funny, but Eddie Murphy was great at improvising and was also very funny.

tolbiny 12-08-2005 05:31 AM

bill murry, phil heartman and eddie murphy in no particular order.
yeah, if you can laugh at a fat dude falling over and getting angry four times an episode i guess you could pick farley.
I never liked will ferral.

ThinkQuick 12-08-2005 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Steve Martin was not technically a cast member

[/ QUOTE ]
just what i wanted to say

[ QUOTE ]
I am pretty sure Eddie Murphy was not a token black character. In fact, he would have to tell them to stop putting him in so many skits. Ferrell was very funny, but Eddie Murphy was great at improvising and was also very funny.

[/ QUOTE ]
Murphy did become popular, and they did want to hire him, but weren't going to because they already had a black guy. he was actually only hired when they found out that the other black guy wasn't officially under contract.. leaving room for Eddie to be the token black guy.

daryn 12-08-2005 05:52 AM

to me will ferrell = idiot's delight

ononimo 12-08-2005 05:52 AM

by "token", i mean they made sure to have one, but not more than one, black cast member for many years.

12-08-2005 05:56 AM

How in the hell is adam sandler only getting 4 votes.

I think Im too young to fully appreciate the older cast members, although I own the best of eddie.

ononimo 12-08-2005 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think Im too young to fully appreciate the older cast members, although I own the best of eddie.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm shocked that he's getting ANY votes as one of the top 3 all-time SNL cast members.

Colonel Kataffy 12-08-2005 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm shocked that he's getting ANY votes as one of the top 3 all-time SNL cast members.

[/ QUOTE ]

Landon_McFly 12-08-2005 06:49 AM

The fact that phil hartman has just as many votes as bill murray makes me want to hurl.

Has anyone here even heard of bill murray?

ononimo 12-08-2005 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that phil hartman has just as many votes as bill murray makes me want to hurl.

Has anyone here even heard of bill murray?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Jack of Arcades 12-08-2005 06:52 AM

Bill Murray is awesome. Phil Hartman is SNL.

whiskeytown 12-08-2005 06:58 AM

my fav's aren't on here - I picked the 3 best of the list.

I used to love Eddie Murphy in Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood - that and Tim Kazensurky doing his doctor stuff on the Weekend Update which was just basically horrible puns. He did one on orgasms that made me laugh forever.

"Tennis players get Bobby-Orrgasms."

I laughed at that over and over.

No idea what an orgasm was at the time.

I was an 8 year old...and stupid. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

RB

tolbiny 12-08-2005 07:02 AM

unfrozen cave man lawyer.

youtalkfunny 12-08-2005 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Molly Shannon

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know, man. It was hard to come up with a short list. I was trying to include a couple of female cast members. FWIW, she's at the bottom of the list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never heard of Gilda Radner? She was the first one, male or female, that Lorne hired.

Damn young'uns.

(Yeah, I'm the dope who voted for Denny Miller. I'm also the only guy in America who liked him during the football games.)

youtalkfunny 12-08-2005 07:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Tennis players get Bobby-Orrgasms."

[/ QUOTE ]

Bobby Orr played tennis, too? No wonder his knees couldn't last.

splashpot 12-08-2005 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Never heard of Gilda Radner?

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude. She's on the list. You are going to criticize me without even reading my post?

Georgia Avenue 12-08-2005 11:25 AM

I like the list, yo, but I want to write in 1 (1) Vote for Amy Poelher. She (along with Hortatio Sanz) has that Hartman quality of being frikn HILARIOUS just by like putting on a wig. I think she's funnier (and hotter) than any woman on the show previously. http://images.hollywood.com/images/4_1750670.jpg

I voted for Eddie Murphy, Hartman, and John Belushi, because I think they were iconic ON THE SHOW. Murray, Martin, etc were fine, but did their best work elsewhere. Miller was close...he invented fake-news-as-actual-journalism...

Finally, a mini-poll:
(Eras taken from HERE ...where I found this gem:

# A film version of 'Sprockets' was planned, but abandoned after Mike Myers became dissatisfied with his own script. It would have involved Dieter travelling to the USA to rescue Klaus, his pet monkey.)

ansky451 12-08-2005 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2000–2005
1 13%

[/ QUOTE ]

Gross.

(gross because its 1, not 0.)

nyc999 12-08-2005 11:43 AM

This is near impossible to choose only 3, but I went with Murray, Hartman and Ferrell.

12-08-2005 11:43 AM

My top three along with my favorite bits

Eddie Murphy
Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood, and the undercover white person skit: "When white people are alone, they give things to each other for free."

John Belushi
The Blues Brothers, the Samurai, and: "I'm a king bee, buzzing round your hive..."

Phil Hartman
Best Sinatra impersonation, best Clinton impersonation, doing The Tonight Show with Dana Carvey and: "Fire! Fire bad! Fire baaaaad!"

ScottieK

Paluka 12-08-2005 11:45 AM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Amy Poehler

samjjones 12-08-2005 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Amy Poehler

[/ QUOTE ]

Amy Poehler = http://www.rebelscum.com/vintage/vin...thloose-tn.jpg

mrkilla 12-08-2005 12:07 PM

I think the overall age of this board is to young for this poll, Every one on it is funny but Easily Belushi should be beating the likes of Hartman. Its evident in the likes the Will Ferrel is a top pick. Not that he's not good but the fact that alot seem to like him over some the 70's cast members is just showing age.

Soul Daddy 12-08-2005 12:13 PM

In his defense, Farrell absolutely carried that show for years and was responsible for many classic scenes (GOULET!). As soon as he left, the show became completely unwatchable.

samjjones 12-08-2005 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the overall age of this board is to young for this poll, Every one on it is funny but Easily Belushi should be beating the likes of Hartman. Its evident in the likes the Will Ferrel is a top pick. Not that he's not good but the fact that alot seem to like him over some the 70's cast members is just showing age.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree with this, and have been watching SNL my whole life (I am 30). Hartman, IMO, is probably the BEST cast member in terms of versatility/funny, and while there may be others who were better (such as Eddie Murphy), I would definitely place him over Belushi on that show.

pooh74 12-08-2005 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Belushi is by far the best pick. Some of those in the poll don't even deserve to be in the poll. FWIW, Ferrel is #1 of the 90s/00.

But cmon, Molly Shannon?

mrkilla 12-08-2005 12:25 PM

Well I guess we should also be clear are we judging the whole Body of work or just the SNL skits.

PS were the same age

xadrez 12-08-2005 12:26 PM

Phil Hartman is the best. Just the look on that guys face made me laugh.

Will Ferrell = overrated. Sorry hes a funny guy and all, but hes not even close to being at the top of this list.

MikeSmith 12-08-2005 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil Hartman is the best. Just the look on that guys face made me laugh.

Will Ferrell = overrated. Sorry hes a funny guy and all, but hes not even close to being at the top of this list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will Ferrells best of dvd is better than anybodys, in fact his 2nd best of dvd was better than anybodys as well, open your eyes.