Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Chicago Poll (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382541)

Shajen 11-21-2005 08:43 AM

Chicago Poll

With a convincing win over a harried unable to do much Carolina team, are the Bears a legit threat come playoff time?

imported_CaseClosed326 11-21-2005 08:53 AM

Re: Chicago Poll

They have an outstanding offensive and defensive line. They dominated one of the best pass rushes in the game and were a couple of dropped passes from making that game a blowout. Their D is good enough to keep them in any game.

The thing is any game they play now they have a solid chance to win. I know it sounds crazy but if they could get homefield advantage they would have a very good chance to make some noise in the playoffs.

Sluss 11-21-2005 09:11 AM

If the Bears play like they did yesterday there is not a team in the NFC that can beat them.

I don't think they could play that well for the rest of the year. But if they could...oh if they could...

Shajen 11-21-2005 12:24 PM

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/app...0611202217.jpg

Soul Daddy 11-21-2005 12:32 PM

My initial reaction is no, they are not much of a threat. Shutting down Carolina shouldn't be considered a big deal because they are so one-dimensional. But really there isn't a team besides Seattle, and possibly NY, that has an offense that could threaten Chicago. So yeah, they could make some noise, but they're not winning the NFC.

Vote4Pedro 11-21-2005 12:39 PM

The best offense is a good defense?

Shajen 11-21-2005 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shutting down Carolina shouldn't be considered a big deal

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't watch the game did you?

Soul Daddy 11-21-2005 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shutting down Carolina shouldn't be considered a big deal

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't watch the game did you?

[/ QUOTE ]
No. Why on Earth would I watch that game?

So what are you saying, that they didn't shut them down because Smith got some yards? If not, please explain.

Shajen 11-21-2005 12:57 PM

In the previous 8 games this year, Carolina had allowed 12 sacks total.

The Bears had 8 in this game. Carolina has beaten New England, Tampa Bay, and the Jets while averaging 28 points a game this year. They scored 3 on Sunday.

Delhomme threw two INTs, 0 touchdowns. A lot of the yardage Smith got simply didn't matter. The game was never really close, and barring a dropped TD pass by Muhammed, the score should have been 20-3.

My point is this:

Carolina is a damned good team, and for them to get beat down by the Bears the way they did is very impressive. Teams don't win 6 straight games without being good in this league.

Soul Daddy 11-21-2005 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Carolina has beaten New England, Tampa Bay, and the Jets while averaging 28 points a game this year.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this supposed to be impressive?

[ QUOTE ]
Teams don't win 6 straight games without being good in this league.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said they weren't good. I implied they are probably the 3rd best team in then NFC. They are nowhere near Seattle's class though. And their amazing 6 game run has seen them take the likes of Minnesota (just off the cruise), Baltimore, Detroit, New Orleans, SF, and finally a decent team in Carolina. I'm not saying I'm not impressed, but not too much.

Shajen 11-21-2005 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never said they weren't good. I implied they are probably the 3rd best team in then NFC. They are nowhere near Seattle's class though. And their amazing 6 game run has seen them take the likes of Minnesota (just off the cruise), Baltimore, Detroit, New Orleans, SF, and finally a decent team in Carolina. I'm not saying I'm not impressed, but not too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually referring to Carolina when I stated they had won 6 straight. But that's fine, I'm sure they want everyone to underestimate them.

Soul Daddy 11-21-2005 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was actually referring to Carolina when I stated they had won 6 straight.

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn it!

Shajen 11-21-2005 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was actually referring to Carolina when I stated they had won 6 straight.

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I missed it the first time, but in your OP you were thinking about them going all the way to the Super Bowl, right?

Cause I agree, they won't make it this year. Unless they get extremely lucky.

Soul Daddy 11-21-2005 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I missed it the first time, but in your OP you were thinking about them going all the way to the Super Bowl, right?

Cause I agree, they won't make it this year. Unless they get extremely lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, nothing this team does will surprise me other than going to the Super Bowl, including going 8-8.

Drac 11-21-2005 02:05 PM

The Bears stink. OK, their defense is good but they are an average team. Fortunately for them their division is the worst in the history of the NFL and the NFC may be the weakest conference in NFL history. Doesn't this remind anybody of their 2001 season?

They're Pittsburgh with an even more pathetic offense.

Soul Daddy 11-21-2005 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't this remind anybody of their 2001 season?

[/ QUOTE ]
Except there were some very good teams in the NFC that season.

Shajen 11-21-2005 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Bears stink. OK, their defense is good but they are an average team. Fortunately for them their division is the worst in the history of the NFL and the NFC may be the weakest conference in NFL history. Doesn't this remind anybody of their 2001 season?

They're Pittsburgh with an even more pathetic offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/7729/ohrry10xc.png

Soul Daddy 11-21-2005 02:37 PM

wow

Colonel Kataffy 11-21-2005 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fortunately for them their division is the worst in the history

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody who thinks this is such a slam dunk statement needs to take a look at the NFC west.

Sluss 11-21-2005 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fortunately for them their division is the worst in the history [ QUOTE ]
Everybody who thinks this is such a slam dunk statement needs to take a look at the NFC west.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the AFC East.

Oh wait I offended the defending champs. Who stink this year and it can't be brought up because then I have to hear about how Brady is god and how many championships has your team won. And wait until Belichick does something genius in the playoffs. Which has about as much to do with this season as an elephant at a poetry reading.

Why am I so angry today?

bugstud 11-21-2005 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fortunately for them their division is the worst in the history [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the AFC East.

Oh wait I offended the defending champs. Who stink this year and it can't be brought up because then I have to hear about how Brady is god and how many championships has your team won. And wait until Belichick does something genius in the playoffs. Which has about as much to do with this season as an elephant at a poetry reading.

Why am I so angry today?

[/ QUOTE ]

prepping for the audio bj madden will give favre tonight. that's my excuse.

11-21-2005 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/app...0611202217.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

nh, a picture is worth a thousand words

Sluss 11-21-2005 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
prepping for the audio bj madden will give favre tonight. that's my excuse.

[/ QUOTE ]
Works for me! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Sorry, just vomited in mouth a little thinking about it.

Jack of Arcades 11-21-2005 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My initial reaction is no, they are not much of a threat. Shutting down Carolina shouldn't be considered a big deal because they are so one-dimensional. But really there isn't a team besides Seattle, and possibly NY, that has an offense that could threaten Chicago. So yeah, they could make some noise, but they're not winning the NFC.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the only team that can challenge Chicago is Seattle.

11-21-2005 06:30 PM

Man does the NFC suck. I think the NFC should have their own playoffs and the winner gets to be the last wildcard spot for the AFC playoffs.

Jack of Arcades 11-21-2005 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man does the NFC suck. I think the NFC should have their own playoffs and the winner gets to be the last wildcard spot for the AFC playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding; only Seattle from the NFC deserves to be talked about with IND, CIN, DEN, JAX, PIT, and SD.

TheNoodleMan 11-21-2005 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding; only Seattle from the NFC deserves to be talked about with
CIN, DEN, JAX, PIT, and SD.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP. Indy is in their own league right now.

Jack of Arcades 11-21-2005 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding; only Seattle from the NFC deserves to be talked about with
CIN, DEN, JAX, PIT, and SD.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP. Indy is in their own league right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, yeah, own league, which is why they outscored CIN by a grand total of 8 points and can't stop the run. Right?

11-21-2005 08:45 PM

Indy is not in their own league, they just have had a relatively easy schedule. I would say they are the best team right now, but they definetly can be beat. Any given Sunday in today's NFL.

lastchance 11-21-2005 08:49 PM

PIT, at JAC, SD, at SEA.

11-21-2005 08:51 PM

As I said, relatively easy. Not like some of the NFC schedules, but that is because they are all crap. Like I said, I didn't say they weren't currently the best team in the NFL.

DrunkIrish05 11-21-2005 09:54 PM

mini-ditka or full-size ditka?

Shajen 11-22-2005 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mini-ditka or full-size ditka?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unleashing full-sized ditka on this world would be completely irresponsible.

Mini-ditka, for sure.

johnnybeef 11-22-2005 12:46 PM

I'm not convinced....they lost to The Browns for chrissakes

bottomset 11-22-2005 12:55 PM

if the bears can manage to get homefield they might do some damage, but I don't think thats happening with their remaining schedule

pryor15 11-22-2005 03:05 PM

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Field/2302/snl2.jpg

Jack of Arcades 11-22-2005 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not convinced....they lost to The Browns for chrissakes

[/ QUOTE ]

And Carolina lost to the Saints.
And Denver lost to Miami.
And Jacksonville lost to St. Louis.
And Pittsburgh lost to Baltimore
And Washington lost to Oakland
And the Giants lost to Minnesota.
And Dallas lost to Oakland.
And Kansas City lost to Buffalo

Etc.

imported_CaseClosed326 11-22-2005 05:45 PM

Well done.

11-23-2005 07:31 PM

Ya seriously, people who think a loss to a bad team means something doesn't understand the NFL.

JayLear 11-23-2005 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fortunately for them their division is the worst in the history of the NFL and the NFC may be the weakest conference in NFL history.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree about the NFC statement, but you're wrong about the division being the worst in football. NFC West is brutal, and the NFC East is overrated due to it's coaching "legends". Name a team in the NFC that the Bears absolutely can't beat. They've got to be one of the favorites to rep the NFC in the Super Bowl...and get completely pantsed by whatever team reps the AFC.