Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   New Partymine sugesstions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381599)

11-19-2005 03:17 PM

New Partymine sugesstions

what would you like to see in a new partymine program?

Multi-limit mining obviously, but what else?

Tk79 11-19-2005 05:24 PM

Re: New Partymine sugesstions

The ability to recognize multiple instances of party all running on the same machine. So that I can open party 6 times at once and mine 24 tables without duplicates.

Why are you writing an alternative?

11-19-2005 05:44 PM

Yeah, it seems to me there is a lot to be desired in the current solution.

Tk79 11-19-2005 06:37 PM

timeline??

jba 11-19-2005 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
timeline??

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean? scheduling?

Nomad84 11-19-2005 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
timeline??

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean? scheduling?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he means when can we expect it to be available.

I'd like to see multiple limits, although this isn't of great importance to me. Just something that would be nice to have. Mainly, I'd like to be able to mine more than 10 tables. If this means multiple instances on the same xp account, that's great. If it means one instance per xp user account and multiple users, that's fine too. Whatever you can do to make it work.

Note: I'm not a PM user since I've been running an old operating system. I am currently installing xp on a new machine though as I type this, so legacy OS support doesn't matter to me any more.

tizim 11-19-2005 09:53 PM

I'd like to see the option of setting a max # of players that must be sitting for a table to be mined so that I can mine 10-max games running short. I don't know what plans the developer of Partymine has, but I was under the impression that this feature was going to be implemented a long time ago.

teddyFBI 11-20-2005 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The ability to recognize multiple instances of party all running on the same machine. So that I can open party 6 times at once and mine 24 tables without duplicates.

Why are you writing an alternative?

[/ QUOTE ]

Make this happen and i'll buy you a Thai hooker. Boy or girl.

11-20-2005 01:20 AM

Good suggestions,
6max mining shouldn't be a problem...same for multiple instances so you can mine 10 times the number of party windows. Assuming your computer can handle it you could be mining quite a few tables and limits...

Keep the suggestions coming.

As far as time line...hmm tough question...i'll think about that one...I will need some beta testers soon though to test functionality and get layout suggestions. pm or post here if interested

teddyFBI 11-20-2005 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good suggestions,
6max mining shouldn't be a problem...same for multiple instances so you can mine 10 times the number of party windows. Assuming your computer can handle it you could be mining quite a few tables and limits...

Keep the suggestions coming.

As far as time line...hmm tough question...i'll think about that one...I will need some beta testers soon though to test functionality and get layout suggestions. pm or post here if interested

[/ QUOTE ]

SOmeone tell the OP just what it was about SimpleMINE that Party objected to and banned so that he doesn't go down that same programming route.

11-20-2005 11:08 AM

I did read about that stuff and it looked to me that it was the scripting he used to click buttons and such. I won't be using and of that and as such I don't think I should run into any problems.

splashpot 11-20-2005 11:49 AM

I know lots of people think mining for sngs isn't helpful, but I would use it.

OrcaDK 11-20-2005 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did read about that stuff and it looked to me that it was the scripting he used to click buttons and such. I won't be using and of that and as such I don't think I should run into any problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please elaborate on what you think caused the problems, i'd be interested in knowing.

11-20-2005 12:08 PM

well a lot of people report that simplemine and another mining app were getting scanned for a virus. It seemed that both apps were using the auto-it scripting stuff to do their button clicking etc and party has identified these scripts at bot-like so they monitor and ban those apps if found. Thats what I could dig up

11-20-2005 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play any SNG's so you'll have to help me out a little on this stuff...does opening an sng that is about to start and watching it all the way through gather the data necessary or is there more to it than that? I think I played a few and the summary was sent to me automatically, how would that work for an observer, can you request it or what...

gila 11-20-2005 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what would you like to see in a new partymine program?

Multi-limit mining obviously, but what else?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like it to not crash my computer after 20 minutes of running.

splashpot 11-20-2005 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play any SNG's so you'll have to help me out a little on this stuff...does opening an sng that is about to start and watching it all the way through gather the data necessary or is there more to it than that? I think I played a few and the summary was sent to me automatically, how would that work for an observer, can you request it or what...

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope, that's all that's needed. The latest version of PT doesn't require summaries. All that need to happen is open sngs that are about the start, watch it all the way through, close the table, open new table.

11-20-2005 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nope, that's all that's needed. The latest version of PT doesn't require summaries. All that need to happen is open sngs that are about the start, watch it all the way through, close the table, open new table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, not a problem at all

Rob Blackburn 11-20-2005 04:31 PM

Ability to mine Bad Beat and High Hand tables, if this is in PM i can't find it, i end up mining those table sby hand when the jackpots get huge.

Unabridged 11-20-2005 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Multi-limit mining

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you plan on doing this? i'd like the ability to add as many rules as i want
example:
up to 10 tables with min 7 players at 2/4 HE
up to 3 tables with min 7 players at 5/10 O8
up to 5 tables with min 4, max 6 players at $100 PLO

and then it would follow the rules in order

11-20-2005 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Multi-limit mining

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you plan on doing this? i'd like the ability to add as many rules as i want
example:
up to 10 tables with min 7 players at 2/4 HE
up to 3 tables with min 7 players at 5/10 O8
up to 5 tables with min 4, max 6 players at $100 PLO

and then it would follow the rules in order

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much what I have in mind...

Nomad84 11-22-2005 05:14 AM

Just wanted to add something. Distributed mining via multiple XP user accounts has been mentioned, but I just wanted to say that you should be sure that the only limiting factors are the number of tables available that fit the desired characteristics (limit, number of players, etc.) and the user's computer. I say this only because I was curious about my new computer's capabilites, so I decided to see how many tables I could mine at once. My old computer was iffy at 4 tables. Today, I successfully mined (for a couple of hours, anyway) every single 3/6 full ring game on party, including BBJ tables, for a total of 74 tables at once using 17 XP user accounts. If I could do that without all of the manual work, that would be awesome.

11-22-2005 09:43 AM

Yeah i'm going to have this ability by just having more instances of party open in the same user. start practicing your double click to see how many parties you can get open...or i'll let you have the bat file I have that does the same thing with 1 click [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

teddyFBI 11-22-2005 01:40 PM

Do you have an ETA on the multiple Party client mining app?

I have had a 4-day erection thinking about it.

krishanleong 11-22-2005 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have an ETA on the multiple Party client mining app?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Krishan

OrcaDK 11-22-2005 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

God dammit! Now i'm gonna have a 4-day erection [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

11-22-2005 02:34 PM

Whats all this talk about erections? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

11-22-2005 02:59 PM

Hah, glad to hear you guys are excited.

It's coming along well, I'm going on vacation tomorrow and internet connection should be sparse, I'll be taking my laptop but with no internet I'm not sure how much testing I can get done. The app itself is shaping up nicely; and I should have some sort of a release for you guys to check out next week. Right now I have most of the regular table mining stuff ready, adding in SNG mining shouldn’t take too much work but I haven’t started on it yet.

I'd really like some ideas and suggestions for how you would like the interface to look. My idea right now is the list of limits and game selection like the way it looks in the party window. Find the limit and game you want pick your options(min/max #players, 6max etc) and click add, repeat for multiple limits/games etc. Based on how many party instances are open and once you reach the max number of tables you’ll be alerted. Once you are done picking the mining options let it rip and hope your computer can handle the 20 instances of party you opened…ENJOY!

If you have other ideas of functionality you’d like to see keep posting…

Nomad84 11-22-2005 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
let it rip and hope your computer can handle the 20 instances of party you opened…ENJOY!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

11-22-2005 03:14 PM

This may have already been suggested or you may have already incorporated but I like to keep mining while playing, the only problem is if I have my mine program to mine tables with 8 or more players and the table i am playing on goes to 7 the table tries to shut down. I hit cancel on the popup but it continues to popup then once my table goes back to 8 or more players it gets minimized and I have to to figure out which table I was on. Hope this makes sense. Anyway would it be possible to make it so that any tables you are playing on while mining would not be reduced or effected when the number of players goes below your set mining parameters?

jba 11-22-2005 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This may have already been suggested or you may have already incorporated but I like to keep mining while playing, the only problem is if I have my mine program to mine tables with 8 or more players and the table i am playing on goes to 7 the table tries to shut down. I hit cancel on the popup but it continues to popup then once my table goes back to 8 or more players it gets minimized and I have to to figure out which table I was on. Hope this makes sense. Anyway would it be possible to make it so that any tables you are playing on while mining would not be reduced or effected when the number of players goes below your set mining parameters?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is key - being able to mine while playing is huge. please no closing/minimizing of tables that you sit down at.

11-22-2005 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is key - being able to mine while playing is huge. please no closing/minimizing of tables that you sit down at.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear you loud and clear...I'll keep you guys updated

aLOWdAkING 11-22-2005 11:51 PM

Newb here, what is the PM website?

Also, I bet you are all asked this a lot, but is it worth it to purchase PM and use it if you only play 5/10 SH occasionally? Does it make a big difference?

Thanks

theRealMacoy 11-23-2005 03:24 AM

dude,

i can't wait to see what you have come up with!

...and i'll also add that mining while playing would be the [censored].

cheers,
sean

11-23-2005 10:40 AM

The app is coming along nicely, mining while playing was a little tricky but I think I have it under control.

Someone tell me some stuff about sng mining...if a table with empty seats opens and the tournament hasn’t started, is that table guaranteed to start eventually when 10 players sit down, or does it ever fail and kick the players off for whatever reason. Do they ever start tournamentss without a full 10 players or what...

so far I’m happy with the progress I’ll keep you guys updated...keep posting if you think of more stuff you'd like to see included. Someone think of a name for this thing too...

teddyFBI 11-23-2005 10:41 AM

Here's the thing about mining while you're playing (at least for me). In theory it sounds great, but even with 1Gig of RAM, my computer slows to a crawl when it's mining 50 tables...and sometimes weird things happen like I get "not responding...' errors in some windows.

Bottom line is that while mining while playing sounds cool, if it means that there's a risk of my computer starting to act up (esp. while i've got money down at the 50/100 game), then I'll pass. Perhaps an option that allows you to mine while playing or not would be good.

Nomad84 11-23-2005 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
even with 1Gig of RAM, my computer slows to a crawl when it's mining 50 tables

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I checked my page file usage after I'd been mining 75+ tables for a while and it was nearly 1.5 gigs. I have a gig of RAM too. Hopefully after I get the raptor replaced this will run a bit better though. Of course, I could mine 20 tables when I play instead of all of them...

SamIAm 11-23-2005 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bottom line is that while mining while playing sounds cool, if it means that there's a risk of my computer starting to act up then I'll pass.

[/ QUOTE ]I totally agree. Working on "mining while you play" at the same time you work on "pushing Party instances to the extreme" seems problematic.

Right now, I open Party under one of my mining-accounts on a different Windows Profile, and let it mine THERE while I play. Hell, what would happen to PAHud if I opened 50 windows. I shudder to think.
-Sam

LVGamb00ler 11-23-2005 05:47 PM

A suggestion for those that like to mine and play simultaneously.

Create a separate directory for the poker client that you will use for mining. If you do this, the data files (.hhf for Party and former skins) that are created by the client used for mining will not be found by PAHUD and will therefor NOT cause PAHUD to perform a lot of wasted DB processing.

Just remember that when the poker site updates the client, you will need to ensure that the directory used for mining is also updated correctly.

G'luck all,
LVGamb00ler

11-23-2005 10:31 PM

Well the options are yours to make, if it slows down unacceptably then just choosing to mine less tables may be a good idea. However, if you want to mine 10 tables while you play 4-8 it should be able to handle that with minimal interruption.