Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   OT: I'm not as Smart as Irieguy (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=365173)

skipperbob 10-25-2005 02:05 PM

OT: I\'m not as Smart as Irieguy

In my opinion the only statistic that matters is Bankroll.

Are You up $$$$ for 2005 ? (I'm not)...then it doesn't matter if you're lucky or good...Good Job.

It wouldn't make a gnat's-ass difference to me if Howard Lederer declared that "SkipperF'ingBob is the worst poker player that ever lived"; I'de still play poker...It's what I do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]..It also wouldn't matter to me if Stanzee would let me tie his shoelaces; I would still lose the collection every year. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Bigwig 10-25-2005 02:08 PM

Re: OT: I\'m not as Smart as Irieguy

Although the avatar helps, I still feel you're two smilies per post short of Liberace gay.

Indiana 10-25-2005 02:09 PM

I agree, even if I lost $$ (I didn't) in poker, I probably still couldn't quit. If I quit, I'd have nothing to look forward to after work.

I suck,

Indy

pooh74 10-25-2005 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree, even if I lost $$ (I didn't) in poker, I probably still couldn't quit. If I quit, I'd have nothing to look forward to after work.

I suck,

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I agree...

I suck too

microbet 10-25-2005 02:17 PM

I'd still play like home games and B&M occasionally, but if I were to go into the red I'd go back to getting a full nights sleep and maybe reading a book once in a while or something.

Indiana 10-25-2005 02:25 PM

Well, if I felt like I couldn't improve from a losing to a winning player then I might just try something else. Of course, its just so easy to win at the lower limits that I would still find it hard to pass on a minimum of $1200 on the side that I would make every month.

Indy

Bonafone 10-25-2005 02:34 PM

Losing is not an option.

Well I guess it's an option, it's just not one I like to think about.

bones 10-25-2005 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, if I felt like I couldn't improve from a losing to a winning player then I might just try something else. Of course, its just so easy to win at the lower limits that I would still find it hard to pass on a minimum of $1200 on the side that I would make every month.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's like saying "I think if I lost my legs, I'd still be okay. But it's just so easy to walk, I don't think I could pass up going for a jog."

10-25-2005 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are You up $$$$ for 2005 ? (I'm not)

[/ QUOTE ]What's you ROI?

skipperbob 10-25-2005 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've bought into $814,000 worth of $55's/$100's/$215/s; that cost $55,000 in rake.... I got back 26% of the rake
I'm stuck just under $7,000 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

pooh74 10-25-2005 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've bought into $814,000 worth of $55's/$100's/$215/s; that cost $55,000 in rake.... I got back 26% of the rake
I'm stuck just under $7,000 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ita amazing isnt it? When i tell people how much I've "spent" on poker to make x, they look at me like I'm insane. Such artificial terms though.

Big Limpin' 10-25-2005 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why I hate "Look at my 5500-SNG flacid e-penis" posts

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

skipperbob 10-25-2005 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why I hate "Look at my 5500-SNG flacid e-penis" posts

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

could be worse; could be looking a real world flacid [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I picked up an older woman the other night; told her I buy her something nice if she would "spend the night"; next morning I said: "Geez, if I'da known you were a virgin I woulda bought something nicer"...she said: " If I'da known you could get a hardon, I'da taken off my pantyhose" [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

raptor517 10-25-2005 04:16 PM

if i didnt make money play poker im about 100% sure i would never play. theres about 20395892385 things i rather do with my time. holla

bones 10-25-2005 04:18 PM

I hope you have enough of these for the OC-Vegas trek.

skipperbob 10-25-2005 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if i didnt make money play poker im about 100% sure i would never play. theres about 20395892385 things i rather do with my time. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Name just One [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

skipperbob 10-25-2005 04:19 PM

Ask Yugo for a "Pre-Trip" Report [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

fnord_too 10-25-2005 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like play black jack, holla! (sorry, could not resist).

raptor517 10-25-2005 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i need the ribbing so i stop playing. after my first attempt at party bjack and losing 2600, i called irie and he welcomed the old raptor back. maybe i havent changed that much.. its good to learn from yer mistakes.. oh wait. holla

Messy_Jesse 10-25-2005 04:54 PM

Poker is for me, has been, and always will be only a means to an end. I enjoy poker, I like the thought and skill involved, but all that is nothing compared to being able to do the things I've been able to because of poker. Life is much better because of what poker allows me to do, not because of poker.

So, whenever I start to lose money playing poker, thats it. Either I'll learn how to win, or I'll stop playing and find something else that can give me the freedom that poker gives me (actually, I'm not sure there is such a thing!).

adanthar 10-25-2005 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
first attempt at party bjack and losing 2600

[/ QUOTE ]

At least you've got two more attempts before you beat skipperbob out of his title [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

But seriously, if you're gonna play at least scam Party or something [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

valenzuela 10-25-2005 06:29 PM

If I lost money playing poker I couldnot play.
Follow my system it works: play low buyins.

lacky 10-25-2005 07:03 PM

the problem with making a hobby a profession is it makes your results entirely too important. When you have to win at something, it's just not as fun.

if it's a hobby, than i agree 100%, anything above a negative number made for a very cheap hobby.

Steve

bearly 10-25-2005 07:37 PM

a true american hero....................b

Deuce2High 10-25-2005 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i need the ribbing so i stop playing. after my first attempt at party bjack and losing 2600, i called irie and he welcomed the old raptor back. maybe i havent changed that much.. its good to learn from yer mistakes.. oh wait. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know you were down in Party BlackJack. I cut myself off after -$2k.... and I was using a perfect blackjack sheet I got off the internet. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Bonafone 10-25-2005 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know you were down in Party BlackJack. I cut myself off after -$2k.... and I was using a perfect blackjack sheet I got off the internet. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's okay. Party rewards thoughs that play bj by letting them win $109 multi's the next day.

barry111 10-27-2005 11:58 AM

This is the funniest post I have seen in a long long time. I hope that I can meet you some day skipper. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]