Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Oh, how sweet it is..... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=96057)

HUSKER'66 06-21-2004 10:40 AM

Oh, how sweet it is.....

PokerStars Game #499400000: Hold'em Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2004/06/21 -
10:11:40 (ET)
Table 'Suttung' Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: KTFrog ($50.50 in chips)
Seat 2: lamppu ($9.75 in chips)
Seat 3: KJMuckWin ($10 in chips)
Seat 4: Foxboro1 ($10.75 in chips)
Seat 5: flimstain ($5.75 in chips)
Seat 6: MafiaBoy ($43.25 in chips)
Seat 7: witten ($29.25 in chips)
Seat 8: Willie Mays ($27.50 in chips)
Seat 9: MAFATE ($6 in chips)
Seat 10: Husker66 ($11.25 in chips)
witten: posts small blind $0.25
Willie Mays: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Husker66 [Ah 5s]
Husker66 said, "yes!"
MAFATE: calls $0.50
Husker66: calls $0.50
Foxboro1 said, "holy ****"
KTFrog: folds
lamppu: raises $0.50 to $1
KJMuckWin: raises $0.50 to $1.50
Husker66 said, "excellent!"
Foxboro1: raises $0.50 to $2
Betting is capped
MAFATE said, "yes"
flimstain: folds
MafiaBoy: calls $2
witten: calls $1.75
MafiaBoy said, "yessss"
Willie Mays: calls $1.50
MAFATE: calls $1.50
Husker66: calls $1.50
flimstain said, "helll yeah"
lamppu: calls $1
flimstain said, "damnit"
KJMuckWin: calls $0.50
*** FLOP *** [3s 4d Js]
witten: checks
Willie Mays: checks
flimstain said, "i folded does that count"
MAFATE: checks
Husker66: checks
lamppu: bets $0.50
KJMuckWin: raises $0.50 to $1
Foxboro1: raises $0.50 to $1.50
Husker66 said, "yes"
MafiaBoy said, "yes it does"
MafiaBoy: calls $1.50
witten: raises $0.50 to $2
Betting is capped
Willie Mays: folds
MAFATE: calls $2
Husker66: calls $2
lamppu: calls $1.50
KJMuckWin: calls $1
Foxboro1: calls $0.50
MafiaBoy: calls $0.50
*** TURN *** [3s 4d Js] [Td]
MAFATE: checks
lamppu: bets $1
KJMuckWin: raises $1 to $2
Foxboro1: raises $1 to $3
MafiaBoy: calls $3
witten: calls $3
MAFATE: calls $2 and is all-in
Husker66: calls $3
lamppu: raises $1 to $4
Betting is capped
KJMuckWin: calls $2
Foxboro1: calls $1
MafiaBoy: calls $1
witten: calls $1
flimstain said, "hell yeah"
Husker66: calls $1
*** RIVER *** [3s 4d Js Td] [3c]
flimstain said, "'wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh"
lamppu: bets $1
KJMuckWin: calls $1
Foxboro1: calls $1
MafiaBoy: calls $1
witten: folds
Husker66: calls $1
*** SHOW DOWN ***
lamppu: shows [9c Jd] (two pair, Jacks and Threes)
KJMuckWin: mucks hand
Foxboro1: mucks hand
MafiaBoy: mucks hand
Husker66: mucks hand
lamppu collected $17 from side pot
MAFATE: mucks hand
lamppu collected $43 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $61 Main pot $43. Side pot $17. | Rake $1
Board [3s 4d Js Td 3c]
Seat 1: KTFrog folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: lamppu showed [9c Jd] and won ($60) with two pair, Jacks and
Threes
Seat 3: KJMuckWin mucked [Ks 9s] - a pair of Threes
Seat 4: Foxboro1 mucked [9h 8d] - a pair of Threes
Seat 5: flimstain folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: MafiaBoy (button) mucked [Kc Qc] - a pair of Threes
Seat 7: witten (small blind) folded on the River
Seat 8: Willie Mays (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 9: MAFATE mucked [8c 7h] - a pair of Threes
Seat 10: Husker66 mucked [Ah 5s] - a pair of Threes

I wasn't sure if you had to stay in the hand until the showdown....I wasn't taking any chances though. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Husker

BaronVonCP 06-21-2004 10:47 AM

Re: Oh, how sweet it is.....

What did you get for this? I"m out of the loop.

HUSKER'66 06-21-2004 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What did you get for this? I"m out of the loop.

[/ QUOTE ]

$500.00

Everyone at table gets money. Winner of hand gets entry to WCOOP worth $2600.

Husker

kiemo 06-21-2004 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars Game #499400000: Hold'em Limit

Seat 2: lamppu showed [9c Jd] and won ($60) with two pair, Jacks and Threes

[/ QUOTE ]

I have shortened your post down to the relevant details

HUSKER'66 06-21-2004 11:12 AM

Doh! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Thanks.

Husker

Bump-en-Stein 06-21-2004 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars Game #499400000: Hold'em Limit

Seat 2: lamppu showed [9c Jd] and won ($60) with two pair, Jacks and Threes

[/ QUOTE ]

I have shortened your post down to the relevant details

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, "thank you Mr. Helper." How about a shoe in the nutz for your troubles?

thomastem 06-21-2004 11:31 AM

Congrats Husk.

Bump, do you realise Husk hails from Texas where they all carry guns and kill each other? Be nice to the Husk and the Wishbone offense rules!

Bump-en-Stein 06-21-2004 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats Husk.

Bump, do you realise Husk hails from Texas where they all carry guns and kill each other? Be nice to the Husk and the Wishbone offense rules!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I certainly wish Husker66 my congrats as well. I have nothing against Texas - in fact I love Johnny Majors, Major Applewhite, and Lee Majors.

Let me tell you a little family secret TT. My grandmother is Dutch.

Furthermore, I used to live in Arizona where the gun laws are quite similar to those in Texas. (In Texas, you don't have to say excuse me when you shoot). I have found the people tend to be more civil to each other knowing the other may have a gat.

Prickly Pete 06-21-2004 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in fact I love Johnny Majors, Major Applewhite, and Lee Majors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, pulling a Major trifecta there. Probably a posting first. Good work!! BUMP

thomastem 06-21-2004 01:25 PM

Ok but what about Husk's wishbone offense?

MicroBob 06-21-2004 01:27 PM

impressive.
nice going.

i missed the 499.2-mil by 2 hands....but haven't come closer than 20 on any others.

i am embarrassed to say that i had a mild bout of insomnia last night.....took little naps....and have played for each one of the milestone hands so far.

LOL

pretty damn pathetic yes??

AviD 06-21-2004 01:35 PM

What was special about this hand again? Obviously you knew it was worth some money, but...how did you know?

I must be missing something.

HUSKER'66 06-21-2004 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What was special about this hand again? Obviously you knew it was worth some money, but...how did you know?

[/ QUOTE ]

That little .50/1.00 game was worth $500.00 to me.

I can't tell if your being serious or extremely sarcastic. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Now that I think about it, I don't care. (free money does that to peole ya know)

Husker

HUSKER'66 06-21-2004 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Furthermore, I used to live in Arizona where the gun laws are quite similar to those in Texas. (In Texas, you don't have to say excuse me when you shoot). I have found the people tend to be more civil to each other knowing the other may have a gat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't ya just love that? The whole not having to say "excuse me thief running from my home with my property.....I'm about to shoot you scummy a$$!"? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Actually, I think the people here have always been real friendly to each other. (for the most part) It's just the lying cheating crime commiting scum that we don't like.

Getting life without parole for commiting a crime with a gun, and the ol' lethal injection, hanging, or firing squad (you still get to choose-see I told ya we were friendly [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) helps a little too.

Hey, I'm not one to bluff and say it's all roses (don't get Al Capone involved) but I don't really see myself anywhere else for a while. The no state income tax thing isn't bad either.

I maybe wasn't born here (born a Husker-which I don't regret one bit) but I got here as quick as I could.

Husker

oh and by the way Thomas, the wishbone is dead. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] with the new coach, we've gone "west coast"....not to sure about it yet, but I'll give it a fair shake before making judgement

MicroBob 06-21-2004 02:36 PM

just because he hadn't heard about the promotion and you are giddy over your $500 win is no reason to get snippy.

BTW.....the fact that you are still chasing after this thing trying to win it again makes you the ultimate of whores in my book!!!
that's saying something on a forum dominated by whores.

congratulations!!

LondonBroil 06-21-2004 02:49 PM

Dealer: Game #499700049: Darwinism wins pot ($0.02)

Closest I got this time. On one of my tables the guy never sat in. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

HUSKER'66 06-21-2004 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just because he hadn't heard about the promotion and you are giddy over your $500 win is no reason to get snippy.

[/ QUOTE ]

True....well the happy part. I don't feel that i was being snide or snippy. I just found it hard to believe that he had scrolled down to the bottom without reading the previous post where this had already been asked and answered.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW.....the fact that you are still chasing after this thing trying to win it again makes you the ultimate of whores in my book!!!
that's saying something on a forum dominated by whores.

congratulations!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh......thank you I guess. Since you have admitted to getting little sleep and sitting on 5 tables to my one, I take that as a compliment from one whore to another. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Play well and good luck,

Husker

MicroBob 06-21-2004 02:57 PM

i indeed am quite the whore.
but i would likely call it a day if i actually hit one.

additionally, this may have been my last go-round.

my GF has the day off today (she's a nurse at a hospital so doesn't have a traditional work week) and she's coming over wants to go see some art exhibit something-or-other.

i might be involved in the 500-mil hand.....but it's more likely that my milestone-chasing is concluded for the day.

good luck all.

HUSKER'66 06-21-2004 03:04 PM

Re: AviD

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AviD,

As has been pointed out to me earlier, you may not have known about the promotion that is currently going on at Poker Stars. It may appear that I was being snide towards you. If this was your impression, then I am truly sorry.

Their is a current promotion going on at Poker Stars. If you have an account there and have played there recently...well recently meaning since 6/17/04 and have played enough to accumulate 10 FPP (frequent player points) then you are eligible to participate in a promotion that they have going to celebrate their 500,000,000 hand.

Any information that you need for futher details can be found on their site.

Good luck and play well,

Husker

AviD 06-21-2004 03:06 PM

I'm being dead serious...I am reading this thread and saying WTF are these guys talking about.

Seriously, explain it in detail because I am lost. Apparently everyone else knows wtf this hand was about! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

AviD 06-21-2004 03:11 PM

I didn't take it as snippy...no big deal. I am just uninformed and was lost to making $500 for losing the hand! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Damn bonus promo chasing whores! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

HUSKER'66 06-21-2004 03:14 PM

AviD,

Do you have an account at Stars? If so, come my friend....you can be a whore too!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Husker (rookie whore, but learning fast)

AviD 06-21-2004 03:15 PM

Yeah, but I never use it anymore since consolidating my BR. I might have to drop $1.57 into my account just to whore around.

I figure by the time I get home, someone may have hit the jackpot already.

BTW, what made that hand # worth $500?

thomastem 06-21-2004 03:17 PM

Wait a second! Stop!

I need to know what you guys think about certain colleges that still run the wishbone offense.

HUSKER'66 06-21-2004 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, what made that hand # worth $500?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was hand # 499,400,000. They pay out for every 100k hands until they reach 500,000,000.

Husker

HUSKER'66 06-21-2004 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I need to know what you guys think about certain colleges that still run the wishbone offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I obviously like it. It worked for us for......oh the last forty years. Alas, I'm afraid the wishbone is a dying breed. With all the teams wanting to go to the air game, power offenses with the option being their main weapon and killing the clock while steadily trudging down the field may have gone the way of the dinosaur.

I guess the saying goes, "if you can't beat 'em more than 9 times a year, then join 'em". [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Husker

thomastem 06-21-2004 03:45 PM

I like good ole power football myself but this offense doesn't properly prepair players for the pros. Even OL just doesn't get enough reps in practice or games to work on pass protection.

Remember the days of Earl Campbell? Now that is power football. By the way what does Stars have to do with football?

Steph Djordjevic 06-21-2004 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like good ole power football myself but this offense doesn't properly prepair players for the pros. Even OL just doesn't get enough reps in practice or games to work on pass protection.

Remember the days of Earl Campbell? Now that is power football. By the way what does Stars have to do with football?

[/ QUOTE ]

My team, the Ampipe Bulldogs, didn't need power football to win. We had a quarterback named "Rifleman" who lived up to his name. So, we were pretty much the fun and gun, which is unusual for a dying Pennsylvania steel town. Our recipe for sucess was to jump out to an early lead, then hold stout with a 5'4" cornerback (me) as the "Keystone" of the "D."

Well, you know the story: yadda, yadda, yadda, I get kicked off the team; - yadda, yadda, yadda, having troubles with the girlfriend; yadda, yadda, yadda, now I have to make all the right moves to get my life back on track.

Reminds me of some guys from a neighboring town, Michael Vronsky and his buddies Nick and Steven. They are like schoolmates, hanging out in a local bar and enjoying weekends of deer-hunting. Michael and Nick are also both in love with Linda, who seems to juggle both of the men. But their placid life is soon to be changed after they are enlisted in the airborne infantry of Vietnam. So they all celebrate a goodbye at Steven's wedding and they leave to Vietnam, where they are captured by the enemy and forced to play a game of Russian Roulette. They escape and return home, but their lives are forever changed. Nick stays in Vietnam, Michael returns to Linda, and Steven is handicapped after losing a leg in the war.

Just something to think about.

Bump-en-Stein 06-22-2004 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I guess the saying goes, "if you can't beat 'em more than 9 times a year, then join 'em". [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Husker

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, we know the Oklahoma Sooners didn't come up with this saying...they play Texas only once a year! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

thomastem 06-22-2004 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My team, the Ampipe Bulldogs, didn't need power football to win. We had a quarterback named "Rifleman" who lived up to his name. So, we were pretty much the fun and gun, which is unusual for a dying Pennsylvania steel town. Our recipe for sucess was to jump out to an early lead, then hold stout with a 5'4" cornerback (me) as the "Keystone" of the "D."

Well, you know the story: yadda, yadda, yadda, I get kicked off the team; - yadda, yadda, yadda, having troubles with the girlfriend; yadda, yadda, yadda, now I have to make all the right moves to get my life back on track.

Reminds me of some guys from a neighboring town, Michael Vronsky and his buddies Nick and Steven. They are like schoolmates, hanging out in a local bar and enjoying weekends of deer-hunting. Michael and Nick are also both in love with Linda, who seems to juggle both of the men. But their placid life is soon to be changed after they are enlisted in the airborne infantry of Vietnam. So they all celebrate a goodbye at Steven's wedding and they leave to Vietnam, where they are captured by the enemy and forced to play a game of Russian Roulette. They escape and return home, but their lives are forever changed. Nick stays in Vietnam, Michael returns to Linda, and Steven is handicapped after losing a leg in the war.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you elaborate?

Steph Djordjevic 06-22-2004 01:52 PM

Of course. I have diarreah of the keyboard. What do you want to know?

HUSKER'66 06-22-2004 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess the saying goes, "if you can't beat 'em more than 9 times a year, then join 'em".

Husker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, we know the Oklahoma Sooners didn't come up with this saying...they play Texas only once a year!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one. Obviously living in Fort Worth and being a Nebraska fan is not always conducive to a safe and happy life, but I wear my badge proud, and can dish it out to all my UT Longhorn friends as could as I can take it. The beat 'em nine times was in reference to the Husker's record last year and the firing of Solich who had been with the program over 20 years starting originally as an assistant under Osbourne.

With no professional sports teams to root for the Cornhusker fan's take college football VERY seriously. We hired new AD last year, and I guess he didn't feel a 9-3 record and a bowl game win was good enough. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I am curious to see what the new coach Callahan and his west coast offence is going to bring to the table in September.....only time will tell.

Husker

Prickly Pete 06-22-2004 02:28 PM

Steph, you had us at hello.

Steph Djordjevic 06-22-2004 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir, deserve a Cocktail .

Ah, as the summer days roll around, I miss the Rain, Man. Looking forward to the Days of Thunder in August when I take two weeks off from the Firm and don't have to worry about the Color of Money. As we sound Taps to bid farewell to Summer, and I gaze at the Vanilla Skys of the gloaming, I feel like Losin' It just one more time.

Alas, such is a Risky Business as one does not wish to run afoul of The Outsiders, especially if you are a Narc (2002, didn't do much). Of course, being Born on the Fourth of July, I am quite fond of the summer months, especially as I type my Minority Report, Far and Away on the sands of the Mediterranean.

This Mission: Impossible as it may be, to confess my Endless Love to be Top Gun at my local shooting range, has been the subject of Legend around these parts for some time.

Of course, as I held my tongue, with Eyes Wide Shut, I proclaimed I would much rather be The Last Samurai on a Japanese Space Station (2002) than conduct an Interview with the Vampire.

"Respect the cock and tame the pussy" will be the battle cry of A Few Good Men; but most can't handle the truth that they would rather be sniffing a Magnolia than doing the tubesteak boogie. On the other hand there a few Young Guns (cameo) that would offer a wager with no Collateral that one would be hard-pressed to work Mission: Impossible 2and Austin Powers in Goldmember into the same sentence.

Of course, in reality, nothing has changed for me. I have been cerimoniously dismissed from my football team, thus, in order to get a college football scholarship and escape this dreary steel town, I have to make All the Right Moves.

So, Mr. Jerry McGuire, did you really have me at hello?

Oski 06-22-2004 03:35 PM

Looks like you got all the bases covered. Can that be the complete list? It seems like he's done a lot more movies. I wonder if any of you have seen all of these. There are about 6 I've never heard of.

Steven_Skunk 06-22-2004 06:59 PM

Sweet, Dude. Let me give it a whirl.

As I sat down to watch Revenge of the Nerds, I was thinking that I might have time to also watch Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise. Knowing that it would be really cool, I cancelled my model train meeting and made plans to also watch, Revenge of the Nerds III: The Next Generation While I was making all these plans, I decided that later I would get some Bar-B-Que and finish up by watching Revenge of the Nerds IV: Nerds in Love

I knew I would be wiped out the next day because four documentaries in one day really does a number.

ArchAngel71857 06-23-2004 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir, deserve a Cocktail .

Ah, as the summer days roll around, I miss the Rain, Man. Looking forward to the Days of Thunder in August when I take two weeks off from the Firm and don't have to worry about the Color of Money. As we sound Taps to bid farewell to Summer, and I gaze at the Vanilla Skys of the gloaming, I feel like Losin' It just one more time.

Alas, such is a Risky Business as one does not wish to run afoul of The Outsiders, especially if you are a Narc (2002, didn't do much). Of course, being Born on the Fourth of July, I am quite fond of the summer months, especially as I type my Minority Report, Far and Away on the sands of the Mediterranean.

This Mission: Impossible as it may be, to confess my Endless Love to be Top Gun at my local shooting range, has been the subject of Legend around these parts for some time.

Of course, as I held my tongue, with Eyes Wide Shut, I proclaimed I would much rather be The Last Samurai on a Japanese Space Station (2002) than conduct an Interview with the Vampire.

"Respect the cock and tame the pussy" will be the battle cry of A Few Good Men; but most can't handle the truth that they would rather be sniffing a Magnolia than doing the tubesteak boogie. On the other hand there a few Young Guns (cameo) that would offer a wager with no Collateral that one would be hard-pressed to work Mission: Impossible 2and Austin Powers in Goldmember into the same sentence.

Of course, in reality, nothing has changed for me. I have been cerimoniously dismissed from my football team, thus, in order to get a college football scholarship and escape this dreary steel town, I have to make All the Right Moves.

So, Mr. Jerry McGuire, did you really have me at hello?

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything you listed without the gayness.

-AA

Bump-en-Stein 06-23-2004 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Everything you listed without the gayness.

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wouldn't be right without it.

Michael Vronsky 06-30-2004 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey. I couldn't help noticing my name in your post. When I see this, I feel a lot of distance...I feel far away. You know, I never got over Mikey marrying Linda, but life goes on. After what happened to Nick, man I guess I am just glad to be kicking around back here in PA.

Steph, I hope you end up making all the right moves and getting that college scholarship. I mean. One shot. That's what its's all about. One shot.

You can go to Coach Nickerson and tell him, "You see this? This is this. This ain't somethin' else. This is this!" Show him you are willing to make those moves so that you don't end up like me, drinking whiskey, hunting deer, and attending 14-hour wedding receptions.

Right now, I am trying to clear that bitch of a bonus at Aztec Riches.