Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Is A-Rod "Becomming" a Yankee????? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=240330)

JoeU 04-26-2005 08:45 PM

Is A-Rod \"Becomming\" a Yankee?????

If anyone isn't watching:

A-Rod is 3-3 with 3 home runs, and 9 RBI.

They are all off of Bartolo Colon, and its only the 4th inning.

Discuss

Joe

istewart 04-26-2005 08:46 PM

Re: Is A-Rod \"Becomming\" a Yankee?????

Absolutely pwned.

Dead 04-26-2005 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Absolutely pwned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't want to make a thread about it because I know I'd get yelled at. I was hoping someone else would. Thanks.

Phoenix1010 04-26-2005 08:51 PM

Holy crap.

thatpfunk 04-26-2005 08:52 PM

It is sad how far Yankee fans have fallen.

This game is pointless. A-rod will still suck when the game is on the line.

istewart 04-26-2005 08:53 PM

How is it pointless?

mostsmooth 04-26-2005 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is it pointless?

[/ QUOTE ]
i think he meant meaningless

Dead 04-26-2005 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is it pointless?

[/ QUOTE ]

When a 3 homer, 9 RBI game for a player is deemed "pointless", I have no choice but to laugh.

Voltron87 04-26-2005 08:56 PM

His first HR, with 2 on, came when the game was 0-0 in the first. That didn't have any affect on the game. His second was in the 3rd, with 1 on, when the score was 3-2. That one was pointless too.

Grand slam into the black... that is l337 if I ever saw it.

JoeU 04-26-2005 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, explaing fallen. Fallen where?

[ QUOTE ]
A-rod will still suck when the game is on the line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, A-Rod sucks? Are you sure of that? How many 3rd basemen hit over 30 home runs last year? How many did it learning their new position? How many "sucky" MVP's have there been in baseball.

Care to fix your post??

Joe

Non_Comformist 04-26-2005 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly a hater. Probably a Padres fan or something.

thatpfunk 04-26-2005 09:01 PM

Poor choice of words. Meaningless should have been used for clarity.

You know it is sad/funny when Yankee fans are getting excited over games being played in April.

On the first day of the season was Mark saying "OMG!!! Dmitri Young hit 3 homers. He is finally becoming a true Tiger!!!"

grasping. at. straws.

Dead 04-26-2005 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know it is sad/funny when Yankee fans are getting excited over games being played in April.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude I get excited when spring training rolls around. I follow the offseason moves every day on ESPN. If you think that this is sad then that's fine. We all have our hobbies. Following the Yankees is one of mine.

I only missed watching 3 Yankees games last season. I don't intend to miss more than that this year.

istewart 04-26-2005 09:04 PM

The Yankees aren't doing so well, so any sign of good things to come is welcome. I don't think it's sad or funny.

thatpfunk 04-26-2005 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really, A-Rod sucks? Are you sure of that? How many 3rd basemen hit over 30 home runs last year? How many did it learning their new position? How many "sucky" MVP's have there been in baseball.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wrote a complete sentence. You should work on your reading comprehension.

[ QUOTE ]
Please, explaing fallen. Fallen where?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fallen, as in, it is sad that Yankee fans, once a proud bunch, have resorted to being excited over an early season game.

As in fallen into mediocrity.

Dead 04-26-2005 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yankee fans, once a proud bunch, have resorted to being excited over an early season game.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you want us to be fairweather fans?

You can't have it both ways.

Non_Comformist 04-26-2005 09:07 PM

Your hating will not bring us down pfunk.

thatpfunk 04-26-2005 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude I get excited when spring training rolls around. I follow the offseason moves every day on ESPN. If you think that this is sad then that's fine. We all have our hobbies. Following the Yankees is one of mine.

I only missed watching 3 Yankees games last season. I don't intend to miss more than that this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead, you are a smart enough guy to undertand what I am inferring. Look at the title of the OP.

"Is A-Rod becoming a Yankee?!???" Think about what that title is inferring. A statement as such should be reserved for late season and post season heroics, NOT a 3-run homer game in April. That, is what I find sad.

I understand getting excited, you're talking to someone who spent 4 hours watching a draft this weekend.

Dead 04-26-2005 09:12 PM

I think that a 3 homer game anytime is quite impressive. Same as a no hitter, even if it happens in April.

jba 04-26-2005 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha a little A-rod special sauce in the eyes, maybe??

http://www.southorangevillage.com/di...9203/49241.jpg

JoeU 04-26-2005 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I merely paraphrased your statement. To suggest "he still sucks" would insinuate that he "currently sucks". My comprehension is fine, its your interpretation of my comprehension that is lacking.

[ QUOTE ]
Fallen, as in, it is sad that Yankee fans, once a proud bunch, have resorted to being excited over an early season game.

As in fallen into mediocrity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did anyone state that Yankee fans have lost their pride or fallen into mediocrity by being excited about an early game.

Maybe you should read my original post again. I was excited that a player who has "struggled" since coming to the Yankees is having a "break out game". As a Yankee fan, that IS something to be excited about, just like when Giambi had his "break out game" by hitting a grand slam in the 14th inning to beat the Twins. If I remember correctly, that game was in May.

Your mistaking "team" excitement for "individual" excitement.

Joe

thatpfunk 04-26-2005 09:17 PM

"A-Rod will still suck when the game is on the line."

Maybe this is easier: A-Rod will continue to perform like the choke-artist he is when the games matter (not in April)."

JoeU 04-26-2005 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Is A-Rod becoming a Yankee?!???" Think about what that title is inferring. A statement as such should be reserved for late season and post season heroics, NOT a 3-run homer game in April. That, is what I find sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

My title is suggesting that a player who previously has been considered "not a Yankee" is having one of those "special" games that may turn into legend.

Just think if he hits 1 more home run:

4 home runs in a game

at least 10 RBI in 1 game.

How may times has that happened in BASEBALL history????? Oh yeah, he's also doing it at Yankee Stadium, just another historic baseball site.

Read the frickin title again:

"IS A-ROD BECOMMING A YANKEE?" Not is, not will he become; is he in the process of having a "special" game that you rarely see.

Joe

Dead 04-26-2005 09:20 PM

Add one more single.

A-Rod is 4-4.

3 homers, 9 RBI's, one single.

JoeU 04-26-2005 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"A-Rod will still suck when the game is on the line."

Maybe this is easier: A-Rod will continue to perform like the choke-artist he is when the games matter (not in April)."

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you meant this, than maybe you should have typed it.

Joe

JoeU 04-26-2005 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A-Rod is 4-4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, does anyone know how many 6-6 or better games there have been? Can anyone link to that info.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I am actually curious.

Joe

Voltron87 04-26-2005 09:23 PM

4-4, 3HR, 10 RBI.

Dead 04-26-2005 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A-Rod is 4-4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, does anyone know how many 6-6 or better games there have been? Can anyone link to that info.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I am actually curious.

Joe

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure can

baseball almanac link

You'll have to sort through that to find only the 6-6 and filter out the 6-7 ones.

ThaSaltCracka 04-26-2005 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]its a sick display of offense, enjoy it and don't hate. Whenever Manny goes off, I think its just as cool.

JoeU 04-26-2005 09:29 PM

I found at Elias the most home runs in one game.

[ QUOTE ]
Most Home Runs, Game
4 Bobby Lowe, NL:Bos. May 30 (2g), 1894 (cons)
Ed Delahanty, NL:Phil. July 13, 1896
Chuck Klein, NL:Phil. July 10, 1936 (10 inn)
Gil Hodges, NL:Brk. Aug. 31, 1950
Joe Adcock, NL:Mil. July 31, 1954
Willie Mays, NL:SF Apr. 30, 1961
Mike Schmidt, NL:Phil. Apr. 17, 1976 (cons; 10 inn)
Bob Horner, NL:Atl. July 6, 1986
Mark Whiten, NL:StL. Sept. 7(2g), 1993
Shawn Green, NL:LA May 23, 2002
Lou Gehrig, AL:NY June 3, 1932 (cons)
Pat Seerey, AL:Chi. July 18, 1948 (11 inn)
Rocky Colavito, AL:Clev. June 10, 1959 (cons)
Mike Cameron, AL:Sea. May 2, 2002 (cons)
Carlos Delgado, AL:Tor. Sept. 25, 2003 (cons)

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe

mostsmooth 04-26-2005 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Add one more single.

A-Rod is 4-4.

[/ QUOTE ]
10rbis
good thing your such a huge fan and on top of everything

Dead 04-26-2005 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Add one more single.

A-Rod is 4-4.

[/ QUOTE ]
10rbis

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you are so smaht. I must not be a true Yankee fan because I forgot to count the last one.

jason_t 04-26-2005 09:36 PM

I never watch the Angels, I only watch the Yankees when they play Boston and I always watch the Dodgers pregame show, but today I am skipping the latter to put on the Angels/Yankees game once I heard A-Rod had hit two in three innings and I've been watching this sick performance since.

mostsmooth 04-26-2005 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Add one more single.

A-Rod is 4-4.

[/ QUOTE ]
10rbis

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you are so smaht. I must not be a true Yankee fan because I forgot to count the last one.

[/ QUOTE ]
you forgot or you missed it?
did your excited rush to get another yankee post up scramble your brain?

imported_stealthcow 04-26-2005 09:44 PM

thats teh funniest thing i've seen all day

stealthcow-

jason_t 04-26-2005 09:52 PM

Watching A-Rod take his likely last at-bat right now. Hope he nails it.

bort411 04-26-2005 09:52 PM

Joe D never tried to slap the ball out of someone's hands after hitting the ball like a girl in a clutch playoff at bat.

Yankee fans make me want to puke. How can anyone outside of New York like this team? Are you that loyal to your favorite players who sold out the franchises that spent 10 years turning them into superstars? For the past decade, they've been killing baseball by buying half of the previous season's all-star teams.

Baseball needs a salary cap. Teams should not be able to buy former MVPs for $15 million a year to sit on their bench (Giambi), or pay players for the simple goal of not allowing another team to have them (Jose Canseco in 2000).

jason_t 04-26-2005 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Watching A-Rod take his likely last at-bat right now. Hope he nails it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sharp line out to CF. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

sublime 04-26-2005 10:04 PM

i think he became a yankee when varitek face smushed him

JoeU 04-26-2005 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Joe D never tried to slap the ball out of someone's hands after hitting the ball like a girl in a clutch playoff at bat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the history behind those two players, what if A-Rod lowered his shoulder and drilled the ever loving piss out of Arroyo, breaking his arm and ending his career? Would you say the same thing? Would you think worse of him? Have you EVER been in that situation? Wouldn't you try to knock the ball out of someones hands so you could reach base safely?

[ QUOTE ]
Yankee fans make me want to puke. How can anyone outside of New York like this team? Are you that loyal to your favorite players who sold out the franchises that spent 10 years turning them into superstars? For the past decade, they've been killing baseball by buying half of the previous season's all-star teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like Curt Schilling?, Keith Foulke?, Manny Ramirez? David Ortiz? Besides, they didn't BUY A-Rod, they traded for him. They traded probably the most promising 2nd baseman in baseball. They never gave A-Rod the contract he currently has. In fact, they weren't even the first suitors for A-Rod.

As far as liking the team, haven't they been going out and getting the best player for almost 30 years now? Were Yankee fans bad 30 years ago?

Also, the team isn't entirely constructed of players from "other" teams. Check the roster, I'm pretty sure the captain came up in the system.

[ QUOTE ]
Baseball needs a salary cap. Teams should not be able to buy former MVPs for $15 million a year to sit on their bench (Giambi), or pay players for the simple goal of not allowing another team to have them (Jose Canseco in 2000).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% that baseball needs a salary cap. But what's worse: the team that spends $200 million on players because they have it, or the teams that have $200 million but don't spend it? Which is the lesser of the 2 evils?

Joe