Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Rake Back (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Welcome ReduceTheRake (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=357200)

Inthacup 10-13-2005 09:49 PM

Welcome ReduceTheRake

Please join us in welcoming www.ReduceTheRake.com to the Affiliates/Rakeback forum. We'd like to take this time to let you get to know this affiliate. Feel free to ask the owners of ReduceTheRake questions in this thread. In addition, we'd like to use this thread to hear some feedback from ReduceTheRake.com users. You are encouraged to post any experience, good or bad. But if you post a bad experience, please provide some proof or the post will be considering flaming and will be deleted.

1. What is the name of your website
ReduceTheRake.com

2. What is your 2+2 name/what account name will you go by in this forum
ReduceTheRake

3. How long have you been an affiliate
Over a year now.

4. How many players do you have
Hard to estimate. If I had to guess, I would say 400+

5. How many employees do you have
Adam is my web designer and main programmer. He is also a co-owner in the business.

6. How long have you played poker
Almost three years now

7. How long have you been a member of 2+2
A few months now, under a different name.

8. What are some of the features of your site
Online rake tracking is coming soon. Smooth navigation. Easy sign up process.

9. How old are you
Myself- 20
Adam- 23

10. Where are you located
Madison, Wisconsin

If you were a calculator, would the memory function be easy to use or not?
Of course [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Once again, take this time to learn more about this affiliate. Ask questions and engage in civil discussion. Read the experiences of others, or post your own. Hopefully this will help you, the player, find the best affiliate for your needs.

You can also find information about sites and percentages offered by this affiliate in the stickied thread that will be posted in the near future.

10-13-2005 10:08 PM

Re: Welcome ReduceTheRake

you guys go to school in madison?

10-13-2005 10:32 PM

Adam is taking a semester off and I am taking a few classes at UW Madison.

Emperor 10-13-2005 10:38 PM

I'm 1st!!!

What % rakeback can I get on Party?

ThePimpulator 10-13-2005 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please join us in welcoming www.ReduceTheRake.com to the Affiliates/Rakeback forum. We'd like to take this time to let you get to know this affiliate. Feel free to ask the owners of ReduceTheRake questions in this thread. In addition, we'd like to use this thread to hear some feedback from ReduceTheRake.com users. You are encouraged to post any experience, good or bad. But if you post a bad experience, the post will be deleted.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Emperor 10-13-2005 10:43 PM

What % is 'Cup getting to shill?

(I'll shill for half that)

Ulysses 10-13-2005 10:44 PM

Is this an advertisement? Or are affilate links now permitted in this forum?

Emperor 10-13-2005 10:46 PM

I dunno but they just PM'd me an offer for Party Poker Rakeback that we all know isn't legit...

Emperor 10-13-2005 10:48 PM

Maybe someone hacked 'Cup's account???

pshabi 10-13-2005 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno but they just PM'd me an offer for Party Poker Rakeback that we all know isn't legit...

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay.

2+2 wannabe 10-13-2005 10:53 PM

soon this will be the:
ReduceTheRake/ThisIsTheNuts/PSO/RakeRebate/RakeTheRake/
RakeTracker/RakeBreak/AmericanAirlines/RakebackRUs/
RakeReduction/PokerHold/Qualcomm Affiliate Forum

Emperor 10-13-2005 10:56 PM

True.. I think all PokerChamps players need these threads, with such wonderful introductions, as they are all affiliates by default...

What no tupperware/Amway/Quixtar/Longaberger/Avon affiliates on?

Inthacup 10-13-2005 11:00 PM

I'm not shilling for RTR. The welcome post is a feature we are offering for each of our advertisers. I am not connected to the company and am certainly not getting a % from them.

This thread, and others like it will be the place for players to interact with these affiliates directly, while keeping the forum clutter low.

Cup

btw, regarding percentages, if ReduceTheRake wants to talk about them, I see no problem with them being discussed here.

Emperor 10-13-2005 11:03 PM

Ok ok ok...

Serious question...

How much do you spend on Television advertising?

Emperor 10-13-2005 11:06 PM

Seriously... What about Party rakeback? We have Party officials saying they are shutting down affiliates that are offering RakeBack.. Yet here we have an affiliate who is promoting it.

Please Clarify for the masses.

Thank You...

Emperor 10-13-2005 11:15 PM

My apologies 'Cup...

I didn't see it mentioned that they were an advertiser, or that this was a new promotional technique being provided.

I think its a great promotional tool for advertisers...

Sniper 10-13-2005 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not shilling for RTR. The welcome post is a feature we are offering for each of our advertisers. I am not connected to the company and am certainly not getting a % from them.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you (err.. affilateEV) are (is) getting advertising $$$ from them? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

JTrout 10-15-2005 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
7. How long have you been a member of 2+2
A few months now, under a different name.

[/ QUOTE ]

What name?

JTrout 10-16-2005 09:30 PM

?

10-16-2005 11:17 PM

One of my other 2+2 names was Demogoblin if I remember correctly. I am not big on posting myself, I prefer to read [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

rwesty 10-16-2005 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like a great business.

Michaelson 10-17-2005 12:02 AM

Party rakeback...

10-17-2005 10:52 AM

We've mostly just trolled the forums under different names.. Not really posting. We just watch our ads etc

10-17-2005 11:00 AM

427 to be specific [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

JRussell 10-17-2005 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We've mostly just trolled the forums under different names.. Not really posting. We just watch our ads etc

[/ QUOTE ]

So is RakeReduction and ReduceTheRake the same people??

morgant 10-17-2005 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
soon this will be the:
ReduceTheRake/ThisIsTheNuts/PSO/RakeRebate/RakeTheRake/
RakeTracker/RakeBreak/AmericanAirlines/RakebackRUs/
RakeReduction/PokerHold/Qualcomm Affiliate Forum

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i understand the sarcasm here, but, how would you describe the twoplustwo forums? they are run by the ads that are plastered all over them, as well as the books. anything we do to provide this forum you guys seem to flame, its absurd.

Someone just posted that we are shooting an angle by having blank banner spaces, HAHAHAH, you guys certainly get an A for trying.

1800GAMBLER 10-17-2005 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously... What about Party rakeback? We have Party officials saying they are shutting down affiliates that are offering RakeBack.. Yet here we have an affiliate who is promoting it.

Please Clarify for the masses.

Thank You...

[/ QUOTE ]

tigerite 10-17-2005 11:36 AM

I wouldn't read too much into that. Many PP affiliates have not been able to update their player statements since the middle of last week.

MasterShakes 10-17-2005 03:02 PM

How about the question that nobody is answering? We have a sticky at the top of this forum that says that rakeback at Party is dead and that Party does not offer rakeback to affiliates. Here, this forum openly welcomes an affiliate that offers rakeback from Party. Will somebody PLEASE answer this concern with no BS?!

Ulysses 10-17-2005 03:13 PM

Inthacup,

Based on what you have posted, Party is going to take action against affiliates like ReduceTheRake that are advertising rakeback on their site, correct?

You have posted this a few times, yet here you have a Welcome thread for a rakeback site that per YOUR POSTINGS is a very unsafe place for people to sign up through.

You know I have a lot of respect for you, Cup, and have recommended you to many people. However, I think you are doing a real disservice to people by taking ad money and promoting a site that is doing the very things that you are advising people to stay away from.

Edited to add: Specifically, I'm referring to their website, which claims they will pay you for playing at Party via "Monthly Inter-Account transfer."

MasterShakes 10-17-2005 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Inthacup,

Based on what you have posted, Party is going to take action against affiliates like ReduceTheRake that are advertising rakeback on their site, correct?

You have posted this a few times, yet here you have a Welcome thread for a rakeback site that per YOUR POSTINGS is a very unsafe place for people to sign up through.

You know I have a lot of respect for you, Cup, and have recommended you to many people. However, I think you are doing a real disservice to people by taking ad money and promoting a site that is doing the very things that you are advising people to stay away from.

Edited to add: Specifically, I'm referring to their website, which claims they will pay you for playing at Party via "Monthly Inter-Account transfer."

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.

At best, I see us getting a locked thread with no explanation of why Cup took this action.

daryn 10-17-2005 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Inthacup,

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.

At best, I see us getting a locked thread with no explanation of why Cup took this action.

[/ QUOTE ]

nobody treats el diablo like that

mess with el diablo and you get the horns!

MasterShakes 10-17-2005 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Inthacup,

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.

[/ QUOTE ]

nobody treats el diablo like that

mess with el diablo and you get the horns!

[/ QUOTE ]

Love the avatar.

morgant 10-17-2005 03:31 PM

guys, things are not as black and white as you suggest. cup is reporting the information straight from the horses mouth. just as empire didnt allow rakeback and neither did eurobet. i however, speak with both sites on a regular basis to help promote their sites.

the party issue is a tad more complicated. and is made so by them, and their henchmen that are inhabiting this board. a number of affiliates, most which just opened affiliate accounts with a larger parent affiliate now have their accounts frozen. so the rush for players last week, that we(me, cup, and rt1) suggested was a rash move for players to make, was indeed as we predicted. i have and had my account at party that is in full operable condition.

so i have insight that player rewards at party are indeed possible, the rush of last week has put this issue in partys headlights and must be kept quiet.

we arent the affiliate policing department. if we havent heard anything bad of an affiliate program, they advertise here and are given a thread and a user. if there are problems with that affiliate we trust that the 2+2 community will out them in that thread and save a future potential player from signing with them in addition to stifling their crooked business.

beyond that, what more do you expect us to do el d?

10-17-2005 03:34 PM

There is no connection between RakeReduction.com and my site ReduceTheRake.com.

Ulysses 10-17-2005 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
beyond that, what more do you expect us to do el d?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't recall if it was implied or stated directly, but I got the impression from you guys that it would be very dangerous to sign up on sites that advertised Party rakeback on their website. This seems to be confirmed by other posters who seem to know what they are talking about. This website advertises Party rakeback.

I am just passing on what I learned from you guys, that it seems very risky to use this affiliate for Party.

Of course I understand what "is possible" with the right trusted affiliates. This affiliate does not seem to have the same "understanding" of the situation. That's all. Perhaps I'm wrong, if so, feel free to let me know. As I've stated before, I know little about this stuff, just learning from you guys and others here.

Inthacup 10-17-2005 04:15 PM

However, I think you are doing a real disservice to people by taking ad money and promoting a site that is doing the very things that you are advising people to stay away from.

Diablo, I respect you greatly as well. I think it's a little too early to say that I/we are doing a disservice to players. It has been little more than a week before the split and the dust has hardly settled.

My advice is based on the information I've gathered through my talks with affiliate managers. Most of it has been unofficial, and my advice as changed over the past week as new information has become available. I have advised people to use patience and caution before jumping into a rakeback deal.

I think we should see how the situation develops over the coming days and weeks before we claim to know the 'final' solution.

Ulysses 10-17-2005 05:10 PM

Yes, Cup, perhaps my words were harsher than they should have been. However, let me explain why I reacted that way.

I thought I understood, based on reading this forum, what to look for and what to stay away from when evaluating affiliates. Then I click on this site from your post, and they appear to be doing exactly what you guys said I should run away from as fast as possible.

That's all. No offense intended, Cup.

Ulysses 10-18-2005 03:39 AM

This guy asked me to chat via AIM tonight. I did. All I can say is, buyer beware.

Lost Wages 10-18-2005 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What, are you keeping your player database on index cards? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].

Lost Wages