Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   My first poker hustle (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=324255)

mcozzy1 08-27-2005 11:52 PM

My first poker hustle

I had seen a couple of other guys play a low limit games and sucker someone into play heads up on a higher limit. It worked for them, so I figured I'd give it a try.

I entered a $1 tournament. 5 minutes into it, some donk (who's not even playing - he's observing a $1 tournament) makes a ridiculous table coach comment to a guy playing.

I started leaning into the guy and he challenges me to a heads up match....beautiful. He thinks he's talking big as he offers to play for $5. I tried to talk him into playing for $200, but he wouldn't go for it. I talked more [censored] at him as was able to get him to play heads up $3/6 holdem. He got creamed. He bought in for $300, so it was more than the original offer he refused.

My favorite hand is when he called a pre-flop raise, a flop bet, a turn bet and a river bet with 73os and no pair, no draw because "he knew I had nothing." Good strategy.

I may just try this again sometime.

theben 08-28-2005 12:00 AM

Re: My first poker hustle

do you want a cookie?

Rasputin 08-28-2005 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had seen a couple of other guys play a low limit games and sucker someone into play heads up on a higher limit. It worked for them, so I figured I'd give it a try.

I entered a $1 tournament. 5 minutes into it, some donk (who's not even playing - he's observing a $1 tournament) makes a ridiculous table coach comment to a guy playing.

I started leaning into the guy and he challenges me to a heads up match....beautiful. He thinks he's talking big as he offers to play for $5. I tried to talk him into playing for $200, but he wouldn't go for it. I talked more [censored] at him as was able to get him to play heads up $3/6 holdem. He got creamed. He bought in for $300, so it was more than the original offer he refused.

My favorite hand is when he called a pre-flop raise, a flop bet, a turn bet and a river bet with 73os and no pair, no draw because "he knew I had nothing." Good strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations, you're an [censored].

dlk9s 08-28-2005 12:10 AM

Your e-peen just grew a half an inch!

Rasputin 08-28-2005 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And it only cost an inch off the real one.

StacysMom 08-28-2005 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I entered a $1 tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH. This has to be a giant waste of time.

tonypaladino 08-28-2005 12:35 AM

http://trephination.net/gallery/macr...ernet_cock.jpg

smartalecc5 08-28-2005 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IggyWH 08-28-2005 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And it only cost an inch off the real one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

mcozzy1 08-28-2005 01:58 AM

2+2er's share ideas. It's not a brag thread. It's sharing profitable information. If you can play poker, this is worth more than 20 party reloads. If you can't play poker, you can make penis jokes.

I feel secure with my real life 8-incher, thank you. I feel bad for the woman you little guys are with. It must be difficult to feel like a real man.

mcozzy1 08-28-2005 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you that stupid that you didn't quite grasp the concept? Play a low limit game and sucker $300 out of someone. Not a waste of time....it's a profitable play.

I guess you wanted to join the bash party and come up with something as clever as a penis joke; but you just couldn't quite pull it off.

M0n3y0nf1r3 08-28-2005 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you that stupid that you didn't quite grasp the concept? Play a low limit game and sucker $300 out of someone. Not a waste of time....it's a profitable play.

I guess you wanted to join the bash party and come up with something as clever as a penis joke; but you just couldn't quite pull it off.

[/ QUOTE ]Your move is definitly -ev. Nh.
-Andrew

ZBTHorton 08-28-2005 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Your move is definitly -ev. Nh.
-Andrew

[/ QUOTE ]

Scorpion 08-28-2005 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I feel secure with my real life 8-incher, thank you. I feel bad for the woman you little guys are with. It must be difficult to feel like a real man.

[/ QUOTE ]

People who have it see no reason to talk about it.

mcozzy1 08-28-2005 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People who have it have no reason to invent an e-penis...whatever the [censored] that is.

The only reason is that it's fun to talk about it when you got it. Believe me.

[ QUOTE ]
Your move is definitly -ev. Nh.
-Andrew

[/ QUOTE ]

It's definitely +ev. Time played 1 hour - profit 50 BBs. Long term ev is estimated at at least 6BBs/hr. I wish I could play that game every day.

edfurlong 08-28-2005 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People who have it have no reason to invent an e-penis...whatever the [censored] that is.

The only reason is that it's fun to talk about it when you got it. Believe me.

[ QUOTE ]
Your move is definitly -ev. Nh.
-Andrew

[/ QUOTE ]

It's definitely +ev. Time played 1 hour - profit 50 BBs. Long term ev is estimated at at least 6BBs/hr. I wish I could play that game every day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like you.

jzpiano14 08-28-2005 03:32 AM

your a donk, plain and simple

shant 08-28-2005 06:34 AM

Wow, why'd everyone jump down the guy's throat? He found a fish, and got him to play heads up for $300 and took money off of him. He doesn't deserve the hostility.

DonkAlert 08-28-2005 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you're a donk, plain and simple

[/ QUOTE ]

Eeeee Aaaaw

boose_bagina 08-28-2005 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
*sigh*

Isura 08-28-2005 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, why'd everyone jump down the guy's throat? He found a fish, and got him to play heads up for $300 and took money off of him. He doesn't deserve the hostility.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keith Fellmy 08-28-2005 05:15 PM

maybe others are hostile since they didn't get the fish on the line. I admit that I have done it. Why else play the crappy ass dollar SNG tourneys at Stars. Worse yet, they have watchers (or better name...losers). Do I really care about winning the 14 dollars for first. Nooooooo. I wait until someone chimes in with their opinion and whether I agree with them or not, I always jump down their throat. Just to incite an argument and hopefully get them to challenge me. I have done it and I have always beaten the challenger. Then I cash that money out immediately. I take myself out to a nice dinner on them.

TeeEffDee 08-28-2005 05:31 PM

I'd rather hear stories about getting a total donk to play heads-up against you, and the donk goes on a HUGE tear. The donk plays every hand, bets every street, re-rasies you every time you raise, and hits miracle after miracle. I want to hear about the clever pro (that's you) dropping 200 big bets before the donk decides to quit playing you and changes his username from Terminator666 to Obliviator420.

theben 08-28-2005 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations, you're an [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

manpower 08-28-2005 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously.

Rasputin 08-28-2005 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't find a fish, he went to a goddamn fish store and sat there berating a fish until it got pissed off at him. It's a hustle; he knows it's a hustle; he called it a hustle. There's a reason hustlers get the [censored] kicked out of them.

BigF 08-28-2005 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have done it and I have always beaten the challenger.

[/ QUOTE ]

cough bullshit cough

ElSapo 08-28-2005 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to anyone in particular: people jumped down his throat b/c it's just bad form. I consider it bad form to goad someone into playing, and even if you think that's legit, I consider it bad form to run bragging about it after.

Besides - anyone who plays any SH or HU knows the 50 BB could easily have gone the other way.

What's the point here?

Keith Fellmy 08-28-2005 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have done it and I have always beaten the challenger.

[/ QUOTE ]

cough bullshit cough

[/ QUOTE ]

it's only been three times so far.

GoCubsGo 08-28-2005 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't find a fish, he went to a goddamn fish store and sat there berating a fish until it got pissed off at him. It's a hustle; he knows it's a hustle; he called it a hustle. There's a reason hustlers get the [censored] kicked out of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man...that just made my day. Made me laugh so hard.

I don't think OP did anything too bad. We are all hustlers to some degree. We know we're better than the opposition and sit with them anyway, knowing we're gonna crush them. The only difference is our guys play us without any prodding.

timprov 08-29-2005 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather hear stories about getting a total donk to play heads-up against you, and the donk goes on a HUGE tear. The donk plays every hand, bets every street, re-rasies you every time you raise, and hits miracle after miracle. I want to hear about the clever pro (that's you) dropping 200 big bets before the donk decides to quit playing you and changes his username from Terminator666 to Obliviator420.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can provide these if necessary. I thought that sort of thing was frowned on, though.

I have a great method for getting bad players to play headsup with me: I sit down at a headsup table. So much less work.

grimel 08-29-2005 12:15 AM

It's better than I thought given the title. I was expecting to hear how he and a bud managed to double team someone for a few $$.

Not that I'm arguing with your conclusions to his status.

tdarko 08-29-2005 12:17 AM

first this guy shouldn't be ridiculed, he may be a donk but [censored] those observers can be so [censored] annoying.

[ QUOTE ]
cough bullshit cough

[/ QUOTE ]
true, you won't always win but it seems like every douchebag that is steaming and then offers a challenge is a terrible HU player.