Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Fight night at the Wynn... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=332527)

Xelent 09-08-2005 03:08 PM

Fight night at the Wynn...

I come in this morning around 4 a.m. and get seated in what the floor says is a juicy 5/10 NL game. One guy is drunk off his ass and being belligerant. He is swearing and yelling at people along with slowing the game down greatly. Another player was a nice guy that plays for the Miami Heat, but didn't know anything about poker. Here's an idea of the action:

Drunk makes it $100 and there are 3 callers including Miami. On flop, drunk bets $400 and Miami calls. Turn, drunk bets $800 and Miami calls. River, drunk bets $800 and Miami calls. Drunk says show me your pair, I got nothing, you win. Miami said he didn't have anything either. Miami turns over 9 high and drunk turns over K high for the takedown.

A couple hours later, after drunk keeps lighting cigs at the table, the guy next to me starts talking back to him. Drunk gets up like he is really pissed off and goes over to my neighbor and puts up his dukes. As he is about to throw a punch, neighbor gets up and swings into drunk where drunk goes flying 5 feet into the table next to us. Drunk starts falling all over the place, twirling, and throwing punches. Meanwhile, Miami gets up to watch and drunk falls into him ripping his shirt. Remember, Miami is a huge, black professional athlete. Than drunk steps on one of the female players foot ruining her peticure before the guards finally get to him. It was fun stuff.

MicroBob 09-08-2005 03:12 PM

Re: Fight night at the Wynn...

Yeah. B&M is so much fun.

Seriously...holy crap!!! (about the hand AND the fight)

soh538 09-08-2005 03:50 PM

Why can't that happen when i was there?

jba 09-08-2005 03:51 PM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] poker

swede123 09-08-2005 03:55 PM

Drunk people and wagering money is surefire way to get some drama. Wish I had been there.

Swede

highlife 09-08-2005 03:59 PM

who was the miami player?

csuf_gambler 09-08-2005 04:55 PM

Re: Fight night at the Wynn... *DELETED*

Post deleted by Johnny Boom Boom

mmanne 09-08-2005 05:03 PM

Was the heat player Lamar Odom? I was in Vegas this weekend and am pretty sure I saw him at Mandalay

JordanIB 09-08-2005 05:07 PM

Odom is soft.

Shaq would have given the guy a beat-down.

bwana devil 09-08-2005 05:44 PM

that's a pretty crazy story. i like it.

it's also interesting to hear someone who is black was involved.

bwana

Neil Stevens 09-08-2005 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was the heat player Lamar Odom? I was in Vegas this weekend and am pretty sure I saw him at Mandalay

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't watch the NBA much do you, to have missed the trade of the decade?

Neil Stevens 09-08-2005 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shaq would have given the guy a beat-down.

[/ QUOTE ]
That or make an arrest.

ThaHero 09-08-2005 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Remember, Miami is a huge, black professional athlete.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for reminding me.

Is it absolutely necessary that you tell us he's black? Does the fact that he is black make him more volatile? It's also interesting to find out that black people don't have names either! I wasn't aware of that fact. I guess my name is California, and I should probably get it branded on the bottom of my hoof, because us black folk don't have feet like normal humans do. lol.

boondockst 09-08-2005 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
According to the latest annual report on murder by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, most inter-racial murders involve black assailants and white victims, with blacks murdering whites at 18 times the rate that whites murder blacks

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming the same applies to a sober poker player beating on a drunken obnoxious poker player.

jayheaps 09-08-2005 07:21 PM

i am more interested in a guy CALLING down a 800$ river bet with 9 high.

MicroBob 09-08-2005 07:40 PM

How dare he not remember the name of some guy he isn't familiar with and/or hasn't met before.

I played a tournament at the Palms and a couple guys were talking to the guy next to me and were all "wow...you're Boston Joe."
After I busted-out somebody else told me "you know you were sitting next to Boston Joe, right?"
I said "Ummm...yeah. Those guys mentioned that. Am I supposed to know who the f'ck 'Boston Joe' is?"

Was I wrong for not knowing who the hell this guy was just because I never watch survivor?

FWIW - Lots of athletes are used to being 'kinda/sorta' recognized even if they can't place EXACTLY who they are.

For those athletes who womanize...do you think every girl they sleep with reads the sports-page and knows the stats and scores?
more like "Oh....so you play for the Giants? Are you any good?"

Unless you're Kobe or Michael or Peyton Manning or something it's not like most athletes are THAT recognizeable out in public.

ThaHero 09-08-2005 07:47 PM

Maybe I took it too far, but his post upset me.

ThaHero 09-08-2005 07:56 PM

He never specified the drunkard was white. Thusly, this shouldnt be limited to interracial murders of black males and white males. Why dont you post the murder rate regardless of the victims race.

Also, there are certain social factors at play here. Due to gang violence, poverty, drugs, etc., there may be a higher number of black men commiting crimes(or just getting caught and not getting awa with it, OR being falsely accused and convicted in a biased court system) than whites, but that still doesnt prove that black men have shorter tempers than white men, all things equal.

So basically, I fail to see the point your post was trying to prove.

boondockst 09-08-2005 08:57 PM

What gang violence, poverty, and drugs have to do with it I'm not sure.

You're saying that the 18 to 1 ratio is because of blacks in poverty killing....rich? whites? Blacks from gangs killing whites not involved in gangs whatsoever? I would think most of the crimes involved in that number were of their "peers", i.e. involved in the same culture/neighborhood/lifestyle

And as OP made a point of saying one person involved was "black" it was assumed other parties were "not black"

I'm not a bigot by the way, not to start a flame war.

CrazyEyez 09-08-2005 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I come in this morning around 4 a.m. and get seated in what the floor says is a juicy 5/10 NL game. One guy is drunk off his ass and being belligerant. He is swearing and yelling at people along with slowing the game down greatly. Another player was a nice guy that plays for the Miami Heat, but didn't know anything about poker. Here's an idea of the action:

Drunk makes it $100 and there are 3 callers including Miami. On flop, drunk bets $400 and Miami calls. Turn, drunk bets $800 and Miami calls. River, drunk bets $800 and Miami calls. Drunk says show me your pair, I got nothing, you win. Miami said he didn't have anything either. Miami turns over 9 high and drunk turns over K high for the takedown.

A couple hours later, after drunk keeps lighting cigs at the table, the guy next to me starts talking back to him. Drunk gets up like he is really pissed off and goes over to my neighbor and puts up his dukes. As he is about to throw a punch, neighbor gets up and swings into drunk where drunk goes flying 5 feet into the table next to us. Drunk starts falling all over the place, twirling, and throwing punches. Meanwhile, Miami gets up to watch and drunk falls into him ripping his shirt. Remember, Miami is a huge, black professional athlete. Than drunk steps on one of the female players foot ruining her peticure before the guards finally get to him. It was fun stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Standard.

Yeknom58 09-08-2005 09:08 PM

I would have killed to see this action.

And how the hell did you know that the woman's peticure was ruined????

smb394 09-08-2005 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She probably bitched about it for several orbits.

Al_Capone_Junior 09-08-2005 09:37 PM

But Marge! I want to do some rioting!!! -Homer Simpson.

Sounds like a hoot. Wish I could have seen it.

al

Evan 09-08-2005 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for reminding me.

Is it absolutely necessary that you tell us he's black? Does the fact that he is black make him more volatile? It's also interesting to find out that black people don't have names either! I wasn't aware of that fact. I guess my name is California, and I should probably get it branded on the bottom of my hoof, because us black folk don't have feet like normal humans do. lol.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is absurd. The average white guy in the NBA is orders of magnitude smaller and less intimidating than the average black guy. Even if that wasn't true, who cares? He was identifying the guy. Should I be offended that he also called him "huge"?

itsmarty 09-08-2005 09:55 PM

At the point it was mentioned in the story, it appeared to have been used to paint a more menacing picture of the individual. It was inappropriate.

Martin

Evan 09-08-2005 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At the point it was mentioned in the story, it appeared to have been used to paint a more menacing picture of the individual. It was inappropriate.

Martin

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel so sorry for the people that waste their energy getting offended by things like this.

cow_phunk 09-08-2005 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She probably bitched about it for several orbits.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey-OO!!!!!!!!!!

Luv2DriveTT 09-08-2005 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for reminding me.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is absurd. The average white guy in the NBA is orders of magnitude smaller and less intimidating than the average black guy. Even if that wasn't true, who cares? He was identifying the guy. Should I be offended that he also called him "huge"?

[/ QUOTE ]

considering your height, absolutely. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

ps: describing the guy as black is ok, but the way the OP phrased it does slightly smell of bigotry to me. But I can also see how some people wouldn't see it that way.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

bwana devil 09-08-2005 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Martin

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is clearly the case.

people who say it's never offensive to point out someone's race are usually wrong as are the people who always thinks it's offensive to point out someone's race. i think the original post is an example of when it's clearly not appropriate.

arod15 09-08-2005 10:16 PM

Thats so funny. I hope somone got his chips either legally or if he dropped it they picked it up.....

csuf_gambler 09-08-2005 11:57 PM

Re: Fight night at the Wynn... *DELETED*

Post deleted by Johnny Boom Boom

smb394 09-09-2005 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Does the fact that he is black make him more volatile?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

big black dudes are crazy. black dudes will fuk you up.

also another statistic to note. in washington DC, 50% of all black men ages 18-36 are either in jail or wanted in jail. scary isn't it. black guys scare me.

and plus this a typically black NBA player. you know the type. just look at at the violent track record of black NBA players.

1. rodman who has numerous violent offenses

2. kobe who raped a white girl

3. shaq who threw that monster windmill and woulda killed someone if it connected

4. those guys who started the pistons brawl

5. charles berkley, very violent guy

and numerous others. those are just the ones i can think of off the top of my head. lets not split hairs here. big black NBA players are naturally prone to violence. you'll never see yao ming pull off any of that crazy sh1t.

[/ QUOTE ]

is it about to be on fire in here?

bwana devil 09-09-2005 12:20 AM

oh, youre actually racist? sheeez. i thought your first post was funny because i thought it was toungue-in-cheek.

you cite a few violent incidences over the last five years in the nba that involve black players and that is your "proof"? i think you need read up on sample sizes.

and i guess youre not a hockey fan or else youd be yelling about those damn out of control whites.

bwana

ononimo 09-09-2005 12:44 AM

I feel sorry for your mother.

HitHard69 09-09-2005 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it absolutely necessary that you tell us he's black? Does the fact that he is black make him more volatile? It's also interesting to find out that black people don't have names either! I wasn't aware of that fact. I guess my name is California, and I should probably get it branded on the bottom of my hoof, because us black folk don't have feet like normal humans do. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what drives me nuts...So the guy pointed out that he was black. Do we really need 40+ posts about it? People around here make great posts, but if they use the word Jew, retard gay or black, everyone jumps on them. Everyone needs to relax and just worry about playing cards.
You retarded black Jews need to stop being so gay.

Xelent 09-09-2005 04:25 AM

Didn't realize 2+2 was the NAACP. Anyway, your all idiots if you think my post was racist. I did not announce any names for their sake as it is not fair to them and they are not here to defend themselves. Yes, the women did bitch about it for several orbits.

Shall I add more detail? The drunk guy was a piece of white trash. The women was a whiny bitch, but was nice. Miami was a gentlemen, but I think his girlfriend was a golddigger. His friend that was with him was really funny. Also BLACK if I might add. [censored], there I go again. The guy next to me was white and slightly more cleancut altho drunk refferred to him as having a vagina several times. Oh yeah, he said his glasses made him look like a "faggot". Do I hate gays? [censored], I meant homosexuals.

I guess this would have been easier if I capatilized everytime I used Drunk in a sentence because it was also a proper noun, just like Miami, instead of real names.

Xelent 09-09-2005 04:45 AM

BTW, thank you to those who took the post for what it was, a comical anicdote.

Victor 09-09-2005 04:52 AM

i may be results oriented but i think the drunk played his hand perfectly. perhaps, the only flaw was not betting more.

Jimmy The Fish 09-09-2005 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

lets not split hairs here. big black NBA players are naturally prone to violence. you'll never see David Robinson, Michael Jordan, Karl Malone, Tim Duncan, or Grant Hill pull off any of that crazy sh1t.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Xelent 09-09-2005 05:39 AM

Miami didn't even do anything. I just thought it was funny that a little twirp almost threw a swing at him and ripped his shirt where if he landed the swing, he would of gotten his ass handed to him.