Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   the last hand of the session (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402372)

JaBlue 12-20-2005 10:08 PM

the last hand of the session

It is your last hand of the session and your opponents don't know. You are UTG in an only 6-max game 5/10 or 10/20. Should your standards be looser, tighter, or unchanged? What if your opponents know that it is your last hand?

AZK 12-20-2005 10:11 PM

Re: the last hand of the session

Your standards should be unchanged. That said, I would say I find myself raising an unusually high % of the time. Something about building big pots out of position with inferior holdings as my last pot. It's a discipline issue, I'm working on it.

yvesaint 12-20-2005 10:13 PM

i know im not supposed to change a thing, but i like to limp any 2 im not raising w/because im a degerate gambler

Sponger15SB 12-20-2005 10:34 PM

Weirdness, I was thinking about this exact same thing today. I would think you'd want to be tigther.

fsuplayer 12-20-2005 10:41 PM

ahahahahahaha...

wait, this is a joke, right?

iceman5 12-20-2005 11:06 PM

I play much tighter. Theres nothing like losing 50BBs on your last hand. I hate losing and I hate losing my last hand even more. It ruins my mood for several hours.

hit_the_set 12-20-2005 11:57 PM

POTY. I am amazed this is even being discussed in a high stakes forum.

flawless_victory 12-21-2005 12:27 AM

last hand raise baby!

tagtastic 12-21-2005 12:46 AM

Open push everytime this situation comes up and show the bluff. Builds up a crazy image and you can exploit it best by.. leaving.

(Yes, this actually happens in SSNL)

Roman 12-21-2005 01:24 AM

raise it up

mikech 12-21-2005 01:29 AM

i actually think this is a GREAT question and the answer really reveals the psychology and temperament of the respondent. those who play tighter on their last hand are--and i use this word not in a derogatory sense but just because it's the most apt and concise--nits, or nits at heart. those who raise more often in that situation have more gamble in them. i find myself doing each some percentage of the time depending on my mood, and it reflects the fact that i can be a real nit sometimes yet at other times like to gambol it up.

12-21-2005 01:32 AM

Seems pretty obvious that the only change you should make is ignore metagame affects.

Voltron87 12-21-2005 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems pretty obvious that the only change you should make is ignore metagame affects.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, no, that isnt obvious

etizzle 12-21-2005 01:38 AM

i just try to make sure i dont lose 60 bbs with K2s on a KJ473 board

FoxwoodsFiend 12-21-2005 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i actually think this is a GREAT question and the answer really reveals the psychology and temperament of the respondent. those who play tighter on their last hand are--and i use this word not in a derogatory sense but just because it's the most apt and concise--nits, or nits at heart. those who raise more often in that situation have more gamble in them. i find myself doing each some percentage of the time depending on my mood, and it reflects the fact that i can be a real nit sometimes yet at other times like to gambol it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny-I just raised 37o UTG my last hand at the table...I think your hypothesis might be pretty plausilble. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

12-21-2005 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, no, that isnt obvious

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain please. Unless I'm missing something, this should be really obvious.

Typically in a hand, your concerns are maximizing profits on that specific hand and affecting your image/stack size to maximize your profits on later hands, i.e. metagame. I think it's obvious that on the last hand you're still concerned with your EV on the specific hand, but no longer have future hands to worry about.

I guess this isn't true if you play with a group of regulars a lot. Is that what you meant?

lapoker17 12-21-2005 01:53 AM

are you guys seriously discussing this?

flawless_victory 12-21-2005 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
are you guys seriously discussing this?

[/ QUOTE ]
dont be sad cause u only play JJ+ in this spot and mikech called u a nit.

lapoker17 12-21-2005 01:59 AM

no dude. i am a CRAZY LAG like many of our best posters.

mikech 12-21-2005 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
don't be sad, lap: "i use this word not in a derogatory sense but just because it's the most apt and concise"

flawless_victory 12-21-2005 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL
i heard ray zee always raises his last hand dark and plays all the way to the river blind!

captZEEbo1 12-21-2005 07:01 AM

interesting topic. I used to always like playing my last hand and winning at all costs (ie. horrible bluffing). I've since stopped that, and gone to folding AQo from utg on my last hand, b/c I always end up doing something retarded for my last finale.

cardsharkk04 12-21-2005 07:29 AM

It is definitely way more fun to play way looser on the last hand, especially if its a winning session.