Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Come on own up.. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398520)

tigerite 12-14-2005 07:05 PM

Come on own up..

.. who's slimshady_08?

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $100 Buy-in + $9 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 9 - 4 players (Converter: PGC)

Chip Counts:
Button: 830 Chips
SB: 3670 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 5355 Chips</font>
UTG: 145 Chips

Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Blinds are 250/500

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
<font color="green">SB Calls</font>, Hero is All-In
SB is All-In

(2 players) FLOP: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 9025 Chips )

(2 players) TURN: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 9025 Chips )

(2 players) RIVER: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 9025 Chips )

Final Pot:9025 Chips

SB shows:KhAs,a pair of aces

I just had to laugh.

junkmail3 12-14-2005 07:09 PM

Re: Come on own up..

Play for first! YA!

schwza 12-14-2005 07:11 PM

i think that's a pretty smart play. AK vs 75 is what, 97%, 98%?

Sykes 12-14-2005 07:12 PM

How close is this call?

junkmail3 12-14-2005 07:13 PM

I think schwza has it about right.

1C5 12-14-2005 07:14 PM

Holy cr*p, I will see you at the 109s soon!!

bigt439 12-14-2005 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How close is this call?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's almost definitely worse than lighting a $50 bill on fire.

tigerite 12-14-2005 07:19 PM

Aye, it did win him the tourney, though I still managed to sneak 2nd.

microbet 12-14-2005 07:25 PM

This is just a wild guess, but I'd say if he knows you are doing this with any kind of a huge range, this call was more like lighting a $10 bill on fire.

12-14-2005 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How close is this call?

[/ QUOTE ]

icm says he needs to win 75%.

tigerite 12-14-2005 07:26 PM

Anyway, I wasn't bothered all that much, I just laughed. Figured I'd share it so you could all laugh at him as well.

PS ICM doesn't really take into account that UTG is all-in in his BB next hand, and even if he doubles up there, he's virtually all-in in his SB with the current button in his BB for all bar 300 chips, and then also virtually all-in in his SB the hand after that. So I think he should be even more than 75%..

bones 12-14-2005 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
.. who's slimshady_08?

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $100 Buy-in + $9 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 9 - 4 players (Converter: PGC)

Chip Counts:
Button: 830 Chips
SB: 3670 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 5355 Chips</font>
UTG: 145 Chips

Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Blinds are 250/500

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
<font color="green">SB Calls</font>, Hero is All-In
SB is All-In

(2 players) FLOP: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 9025 Chips )

(2 players) TURN: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 9025 Chips )

(2 players) RIVER: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 9025 Chips )

Final Pot:9025 Chips

SB shows:KhAs,a pair of aces

I just had to laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was me. I'm all about setting traps. I dug the hole, I laid the branches, and I sucked you in.

45suited 12-14-2005 07:27 PM

you don't really think one of us would be dumb enough to be 'trapping' with ak here, do you?

hey man, he was just playing for the bracelet. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

tigerite 12-14-2005 07:28 PM

Well, I have seen him in 7 tourneys at $109 level, so I figure he must have some idea what he's doing. And, most people who do generally post here, so..

SuitedSixes 12-14-2005 07:31 PM

How much had you been doing this?

tigerite 12-14-2005 07:34 PM

Not every hand - just when I had opportunity, and I was actually getting some good cards, anyway.

applejuicekid 12-14-2005 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does it matter?

Would this be a good play if he had been doing it everytime?

bigt439 12-14-2005 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is just a wild guess, but I'd say if he knows you are doing this with any kind of a huge range, this call was more like lighting a $10 bill on fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't really do this in SNGPT, but if you try and create similair situations it is MUCH worse than a $10 mistake.

EDIT: This is using any 2 as hero's range btw.

tigerite 12-14-2005 07:42 PM

I'd pushed about 4 times of a possible 7 to 8. So far from every hand or something.

microbet 12-14-2005 07:43 PM

SlimShady was the perp? I don't know who it is but I've seen him around.

I'm just glad it wasn't me. I've been on a pace of making one stupid move (that I recongnize myself) every day. It happens sometimes when I'm trying to play more tables.

tigerite 12-14-2005 07:45 PM

Ah I wouldn't worry. We all make mistakes. I've made significantly less the last 2-3 days than I had before, and my results have much improved as a result, but still.

ilya 12-14-2005 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're way off. Even if BB is pushing any 2, it's still a $45 or so mistake in a $109.

microbet 12-14-2005 07:50 PM

Not worried. I feel very very solid at 4 tables, pretty darn solid at 5, and I make a few mistakes at 6. At some point that will become 5,6,7 and then 6,7,8 and so on until my age addled brain reaches it's limit.

I wouldn't bother responding except maybe someone will read this and not think that you have to go from 1 table to 4 to 8 to 20.

tigerite 12-14-2005 07:54 PM

I started the $109s at 4, then moved up to 6 (where I seemed to feel more comfortable than when I was 4-tabling, especially if one or two bust early, as I didn't feel like I was playing catch-up.. stupid I know, but anyway) and now I'm onto 8.

Shillx 12-14-2005 07:55 PM

Heh he probably thought he owned you so hard.

And no it wasn't me because I would have pushed it straight away. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

bones 12-14-2005 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I changed the stacks to:
utg: $501
button: $830
sb $3699
bb: $5000

to adjust for sngpt's &gt;1bb requirement and ran it as sb pushing AKo and bb calling any 2. It came up -4.9% or -$49.29. In reality, it's probably much worse since utg has to double up several times to get back into the game.

microbet 12-14-2005 08:59 PM

This is my bad. I didn't think the thing was as bad as was being said because I didn't notice the 4th player. I thought it was ITM already. Once again I'm going to plead lynx via ssh. Bad browser. F'n company that filters web sites and spies on employees. My current projection is this situation will end on or before April 1st.

Don't ask me to stop posting when I can't read what's going on very well, because I won't.

tigerite 12-14-2005 09:08 PM

If it was ITM, though it'd still be terrible, I would have half understood it as people get fixated with "playing for first" and other such baloney. Nah, this was on the bubble.

Slim Pickens 12-14-2005 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think that's a pretty smart play. AK vs 75 is what, 97%, 98%?

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly, since the ace is the highest card there is and the king is the second highest, it's more like 99%.

Seriously, this falls into the "call with AA, maybe KK, and fold everything else" range.

tylerdurden 12-14-2005 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is my bad. I didn't think the thing was as bad as was being said because I didn't notice the 4th player. I thought it was ITM already. Once again I'm going to plead lynx via ssh. Bad browser. F'n company that filters web sites and spies on employees. My current projection is this situation will end on or before April 1st.

Don't ask me to stop posting when I can't read what's going on very well, because I won't.

[/ QUOTE ]

d00d, if you can ssh out, use putty (or any ssh client, putty just makes it insanely easy), set up a dynamic port-forwarding tunnel, and browse pr0n all day long.

microbet 12-14-2005 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

d00d, if you can ssh out, use putty (or any ssh client, putty just makes it insanely easy), set up a dynamic port-forwarding tunnel, and browse pr0n all day long.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use putty to ssh. There's also the issue of my office having a glass wall and this website not looking much like work. Now if they could redesign this site to look like a spreadsheet....

12-14-2005 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I use putty to ssh. There's also the issue of my office having a glass wall and this website not looking much like work. Now if they could redesign this site to look like a spreadsheet....

[/ QUOTE ]

BRILLIANT! I think we may have a niche product idea.

Personally, I just flatten out the thread and paste the source into UltraEdit (highlight "lighttable", then just keep hitting F3). You have to look pretty long and hard to figure out I'm not actually coding something. Of course replying is kind of a pain...

SuitedSixes 12-14-2005 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does it matter?

Would this be a good play if he had been doing it everytime?

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like a spite call by someone who was tired of someone else bullying the table.

tigerite 12-14-2005 10:03 PM

Well let him make spite calls for $50 then. And no, I hadn't been bullying the table. The bubble had only been going for about 8 hands maximum. I bust the guy in 5th with a legitimate hand and hadn't really been going crazy then either.

12-14-2005 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, this falls into the "call with AA, maybe KK, and fold everything else" range.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be interested to see the ICM/SNGPT #s on QQ-AA here.

bones 12-14-2005 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be interested to see the ICM/SNGPT #s on QQ-AA here.

[/ QUOTE ]

+3.8% with AA
+2.6% with KK
+1.5% with QQ
+.4% with JJ
-.7% with TT

Using the #s that I gave in a few posts above. That's sngpt...don't feel like doing the ICM