Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What's your pet peeve? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376164)

diebitter 11-11-2005 01:49 AM

What\'s your pet peeve?

Really slow drivers that have no perception of what is going on around them

anyone that rates women numerically

and yours?

PoBoy321 11-11-2005 01:50 AM

Re: What\'s your pet peeve?

People who block really long escalators instead of walking up/down them.

tonypaladino 11-11-2005 01:55 AM

Stupidity

11-11-2005 01:57 AM

People not getting something the first time. Ask anyone who has gone through basic training: when you have to pull Fire Guard all night because some [censored] doesnt understand how to make his rack, you get pretty pissed.

And I've found basic ruined me in that way for dealing with everybody else as well.

DCopper04 11-11-2005 02:05 AM

When someone blows their nose while you're eating.

When you're taking a test, and the room would be silent were it not for the ADD kid in the back who can't stop shaking his leg.

The words "crucial" and "key".

When women terribly misconstrue your words and somehow interpret everything you say as something negative towards them.

The New York Yankees.

diebitter 11-11-2005 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For any thing you say women terribly misconstrue your words and somehow interpret everything you say as something negative towards them.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

11-11-2005 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When someone blows their nose while you're eating.

When you're taking a test, and the room would be silent were it not for the ADD kid in the back who can't stop shaking his leg.

The words "crucial" and "key".

When women terribly misconstrue your words and somehow interpret everything you say as something negative towards them.

The New York Yankees.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I had to work with this guy who described EVERYTHING as "crucial" and "key"... his name was Eric too, so my boss kept putting us on a shift together.

Eventually, I had to tell him, but I waited till we had both smoked a bowl, which I find is the best way to tell someone that sometimes you would like it if they died.

arod15 11-11-2005 02:13 AM

People who smoke then throw there cigerrate out the window on the highway and hit other peoples cars....

chessforlife 11-11-2005 02:23 AM

people not passing in the passing lane on the highway.

11-11-2005 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Many men and women should really learn to communicate their thoughts better. You're right though, women do this more than men, and they do it for a reason. They're unhappy in the relationship and are looking for an opportunity to express that. They may also be looking for an opportunity to get out of the relationship entirely. It's also possible she is confused or irritated with herself for the way she feels about you and is taking it out on you. It could also be that you're talking more than you should be and as a result you're saying stupid things. Try just shutting up for awhile. We girls often confuse even ourselves. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

swede123 11-11-2005 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People who block really long escalators instead of walking up/down them.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny you mention this 'cause I was just thinking the same yesterday as I was going through the terminals of Minneapolis Airport. They have those long moving walkways, and for some reason there were about half a dozen clowns who just ended up standing wherever they were, inspite of WALK and STAND being painted about every five feet on the left/right sides of the walkway. It wasn't like the people were all standing on the left either, some were, and others were kind of standing right in the middle etc. Ultimately I just crashed through each and everyone, making sure I bumped them all with my bag, and mumbling apologies as I did it.

Swede

Slow Play Ray 11-11-2005 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stupidity

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup - this is a good catch-all.

Cubswin 11-11-2005 09:10 AM

Amyone who uses a cell phone while driving, in public transport or in a restaurant. Honestly, you're not that important and others dont care to hear you conversation.

diebitter 11-11-2005 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Amyone who uses a cell phone while driving, in public transport or in a restaurant. Honestly, you're not that important and others dont care to hear you conversation.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if you do in cinemas during the film, it should be a public right to take the phone away, and mince it.

swede123 11-11-2005 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and mince it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely a word I need to use more in daily conversation. Dude, you just got minced.

Swede

Shajen 11-11-2005 09:27 AM

Inconsiderate rude assholes. All of them.

Folks that try to cut in line.

People who don't say thanks when you hold the door open for them.

People who talk during movies.

[censored] assclowns who think the left lane is their personal cruising lane.

Idiots who merge onto a freeway at 40 mph.

rude bastards

Basically any situation where people obviously show their inability to consider the people around them. It drives me nuts how [censored] self-centered we have become.

ChipWrecked 11-11-2005 09:27 AM

This gimmick is getting really old really fast.

ChipWrecked 11-11-2005 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you notice these more in the ATL than in SoCal?

Shajen 11-11-2005 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you notice these more in the ATL than in SoCal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I drive more out here than I did in SoCal. SoCal traffic was bad all the way around, and usually it was from an accident or sheer volume. In Atl, it's just idiots being unaware. I'm getting angry thinking about my morning drive. Good thing it's friday. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

Georgia Avenue 11-11-2005 10:28 AM

People from Virginia that like the Yankees or the Dallas Cowboys or the LA Lakers.

Georgia Avenue 11-11-2005 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People from Virginia ...

[/ QUOTE ]

FMP

BeerMoney 11-11-2005 10:35 AM

People with Handicapped tags that aren't handicapped.

diebitter 11-11-2005 10:37 AM

I get pulled up on this. I usually say 'I am handicapped. I'm a psycho!' [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

WDC 11-11-2005 10:43 AM

the word "learnings" which seems to be the new catchphase for the management crowd.

Groups who walk 4 or 5 abreast on the sidewalk.

Bradyams 11-11-2005 10:49 AM

- When you meet someone, and a week later you see the same person and they've forgotten that they've ever met you. I do my best to remember everyone I've met, and it pisses me off when people don't do the same. Maybe I'm just not important enough, but it still makes me mad.

- Roommates who constantly leave lights on. I have a roommate now who leaves lights on, and even worse he'll leave cupboard doors open, and even the hallway closet doors open. It's really [censored] irritating.

- People who get drunk, and suddenly think they have to show everyone at the party how tough they are. Just calm the [censored] down, and have a good time. Nobody cares how many times you've been to jail for fighting. We're all here to have a good time, not have a stupid dick measuring contest.

Granite 11-11-2005 10:59 AM

People who crowd around the baggage carousel at the airport

Kurn, son of Mogh 11-11-2005 11:34 AM

People who can't get their cars between the lines in parking lots, thus reducing the usable spots.

I'd love to have a really big helicopter with a really powerful magnet so I could remove the offending vehicles and relocate them to the scrap heap.

BeerMoney 11-11-2005 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- When you meet someone, and a week later you see the same person and they've forgotten that they've ever met you. I do my best to remember everyone I've met, and it pisses me off when people don't do the same. Maybe I'm just not important enough, but it still makes me mad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice one, even worse, when they ACT like they've never met you before, despite hanging out for an entire night.

11-11-2005 12:26 PM

People who don't post enough pics of hot chicks in OOT.

EMcWilliams 11-11-2005 12:29 PM

Feminism

Sidewalk chalk messages

Languages other than english

Stupid regulations

Stupid questions

SeaSiren 11-11-2005 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stupidity

[/ QUOTE ]

yup, that's a given

and total lack of courtesy - when you hold open a door for someone - nary a 'thank you'... when that happens I always loudly say 'you're welcome' and hope they get it - for the next time.

CD56 11-11-2005 12:43 PM

when a cashier gives you your change and puts the bills in your palm first and then the coins on top, making it inevitable that at least one of the coins will drop

people that wear athletic wristbands/headbands around during the day

those omnipresent yellow lance armstrong bracelets, why are you wearing that? because you want to fight cancer or because everyone else is wearing one? (i secretly hope that they end up causing cancer, i think that would be the ultimate irony)

bono, sean paul, gwen stefani, queen latifa, lars ulrich, any guest host on PTI

im sure there are more but thats all i can think of for now

11-11-2005 12:43 PM

People on line for fast food who have to use the cell phone to be reminded of what someone wants.

WDC 11-11-2005 12:46 PM

These new wireless headset phones. My office just switched to them, although I refused, and now the whole office walks arouns looking like Janet jackson in concert and talks on the phone in the hallway. You can also include the headset cell phones.

bosoxfan 11-11-2005 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sidewalk chalk messages

[/ QUOTE ]

What's that?

roxtar 11-11-2005 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The New York Yankees.

[/ QUOTE ]

11-11-2005 12:55 PM

This thread has made me an angry person today.
I've never realized how much stuff pisses me off.

A couple of things:
Popped Collars
People who smoke around non-smokers(especially in cars)

PokerFink 11-11-2005 12:57 PM

Water on the sink's edge.

Overflowing trash cans.

mostsmooth 11-11-2005 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People who can't get their cars between the lines in parking lots, thus reducing the usable spots.

[/ QUOTE ]
im with you.
just the other day, this dude parks in front of my house and takes up two spots?! i yell to him "learn how to park [censored], or pay for your parking" (theres a pay parking lot by the train station which is where he was heading).
he ignores me and keeps walking away, so a little later i keyed up his car real nice.
he'll learn

gabbahh 11-11-2005 01:11 PM

Bad speling [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]