Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Finally got an "A" from pokergrader and... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=320108)

Uglyowl 08-22-2005 12:50 AM

Finally got an \"A\" from pokergrader and...

monetarily it was very painful.

http://www.pokergrader.com/display.p...079634&p=1

Guess I can take that with me to cheer me up.

Kablooie 08-22-2005 12:55 AM

Re: Finally got an \"A\" from pokergrader and...

I've run a few tournaments through that thing and as far as i could tell the main difference between an A and a C was how much i'd bluffed. Or at least, how much i'd bluffed that it was able to clearly detect as such.

So i'm not sure i value the grading much, although the other statistics are quite useful.

DarkForceRising 08-22-2005 01:01 AM

Incredibly stupid question- How do I use this when I play later today?

I just downloaded it. BTW, I don't use PT or any other programs so references to that will only confuse me.

IggyWH 08-22-2005 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
monetarily it was very painful.

http://www.pokergrader.com/display.p...079634&p=1

Guess I can take that with me to cheer me up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen this before but all I can say is WOW...

Uglyowl 08-22-2005 01:09 AM

I find it an ok program, I only use the web version, it is not necessary to download anything (I did and didn't spend anytime with it)

Take a hand history, pop it into the "Your hand history file" and it spits that out after about 5-10 seconds.

Kinda neat, a little quirky, but I like to look at it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Very unlucky tonight and glad someone agrees [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

IggyWH 08-22-2005 01:16 AM

I just put in my O8 session from earlier today that I went +15BB in a little less than an hour and was given :

[drumroll]
[/drumroll]

http://www.pokergrader.com/grades/f.gif

Jurollo 08-22-2005 01:24 AM

This site is useless for low limit players that can't bluff out their opponents. You will never earn more than a C without bluffing a decent amount and generally I think the grades are based on a highly, highly flawed base of winning strategy.
~Justin

pokergrader 08-22-2005 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This site is useless for low limit players that can't bluff out their opponents. You will never earn more than a C without bluffing a decent amount and generally I think the grades are based on a highly, highly flawed base of winning strategy.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so it is known...

My goal isn't for PokerGrader to be the greatest poker information source every created. Nothing can possibly beat the 2+2 forums and the knowledge that can be gained from hand analysis.

PokerGrader was basically created to be a guide to help people see which side of variance they are on. It isn't perfect, and was never designed to be (since it is nearly impossible to judge somebodies skill based on 100-500 hands).

So while I love the fact that you are using the program I spend many hours creating, I want to make sure you aren't basing you entire poker confidence on it. It is very accurate, but it is not perfect.

spamuell 08-22-2005 04:19 PM

I don't understand it at all. I just put in this session where I ran incredibly and it says:

Overall Luck (Not submitted to leaderboard): 21.45

But that should be second on the leaderboard.

Uglyowl 08-22-2005 04:24 PM

Wow, nice session! Have no idea about the leaderboard, did you enter a name?

You may have won $1,000+, but..

Final Grade:

http://www.pokergrader.com/grades/c.gif

Think the site is actually kinda neat.

spamuell 08-22-2005 04:29 PM

Yeah I entered spamuell as a name.

I love how on the flop I checked, called, raised and folded an acceptable percentage of the time but I got a red X next to how often I bet. What did it expect me to do the rest of the time? (lol yes I realise I could have just done each action a little more and they'd probably still be acceptable, I just think it's funny.)

Anyway I'm not sure the site assesses 6-max.

junkmail3 08-22-2005 04:55 PM

Such a wonderful datamining tool.

pokergrader 08-22-2005 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Such a wonderful datamining tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are worried about it, download PGC. It will compress and anonymize your hand histories for you.

I delete the hand histories as soon as they are processed (because they take up so much space), so there is absolutly no datamining use.

spamuell 08-22-2005 05:09 PM

Why wasn't the session that I linked on the leaderboard?

BaggyAnt 08-22-2005 06:56 PM

why the sarcasm all the time? The guy has taken the time and effort to create an informative, interesting and fun tool - Kudos for doing something that I in a million years could not do.

Uglyowl 08-22-2005 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why the sarcasm all the time? The guy has taken the time and effort to create an informative, interesting and fun tool - Kudos for doing something that I in a million years could not do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the site to be honest with you. It is fun to crack jokes though.

pokergrader 08-22-2005 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand it at all. I just put in this session where I ran incredibly and it says:

Overall Luck (Not submitted to leaderboard): 21.45

But that should be second on the leaderboard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Need at least 100 hands to qualify for the leaderboard.

pokergrader 08-22-2005 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not worried about it at all. It isn't a popularity contest. I just created the site, and hope people find it useful. If somebody finds it useful, then they can use it. If they dont like it, I would love to hear why.

But he does bring up an excellent point. And to be honest with you, I hadn't really worked on PG in a while since it wasn't getting much interest at all. But if it starts getting a lot of interest like it has gotten in the past few days, I may spend a lot of time improving it, and adding shorthanded compatability is probably my #1 goal (Also considering I have since moved from full ring to 6max since PG was created).

Uglyowl 08-22-2005 07:55 PM

Thanks for creating the site!

The only thing I can think that needs improving are the worst possible hands category, it seems a little funky at times.

Also if you are nice enough maybe you could program a luck factor for the starting hands you are dealt.

Thanks again!

theRealMacoy 08-27-2005 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

not that i am an A poker player or anything but....

i just got an A from PG with approx 400 hands at .25/.50 on PS.....i tend to agree with your sentiment and don't put much merrit in the grade (although it was one of my best all-time session).

cheers,
the Real Macoy

krazyace5 08-27-2005 08:53 PM

I have gotten a few A sessions at $50 nl 6 max, is that low limit enough.

OrangeKing 08-27-2005 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(since it is nearly impossible to judge somebodies skill based on 100-500 hands).

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on the results of those hands, it's impossible...but you can certainly get a fair handle on someone's skill level based on how they played those 100-500 hands, I think.