Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Men and Jewelry (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=360864)

ThaSaltCracka 10-19-2005 12:58 PM

Men and Jewelry

IMO, the only jewelry guys should wear are watches, a crucifix, and wedding rings. Everything is absurd, and gawdy.

Article about NBA's dress code

yeah it is a sports article, but thats not the point. This man has 4 chains that he wears. I am also so sick of all this stupid ass rappers wearing gigantic medallions that spin, diamond incrusted belt buckels, platinum fronts, and million dollar ear rings. When did this become a black thing, for all black guys to wear millions of dollars of jewelry? Also, frat boys with earrings just signify's even moreso that they are gay.

The only acceptable excuse for a man to be wearing earrings is that he is a pirate.

Anyone else hate it when men wear jewelry?

jakethebake 10-19-2005 01:00 PM

Re: Men and Jewelry

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, the only jewelry guys should wear are watches. And I don't even really consider them jewelry.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

jaydub 10-19-2005 01:03 PM

Actually what annoys me about this is the way the players are crying racism, in a league whose players almost completely black.

Ageism is the correct call here, not racism. Alonzo Mourning vs Allen Iverson not Steve Nash vs Allen Iverson.

Shajen 10-19-2005 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else hate it when men wear jewelry?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't hate it, but I do snicker and feel superior when I see it.

(a wedding ring is not jewelry, in my world)

Cancer Merchant 10-19-2005 01:04 PM

How black is the NBA front office? They're trying to market to the affluent white folks who can afford floor tickets and luxury boxes.

jakethebake 10-19-2005 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't hate it, but I do snicker and feel superior when I see it.

(a wedding ring is not jewelry, in my world)

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good post! I pretty much do the same thing. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And you're right a wedding ring is a restraining device, not jewelry.

cdxx 10-19-2005 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, the only jewelry guys should wear are watches, a crucifix, and wedding rings. Everything is absurd, and gawdy.

[/ QUOTE ]

crucifixes are too goddy for my taste.

i actually bought my only piece of jewelry this weekend. my gf and i went to a wedding, and i had a french cuff shirt. so we stopped by and bought some fairly simple silver cufflinks. i noticed that those are not covered in the NBA dress code.

i think a watch, a chain, a wedding ring, cufflinks, and maybe a tie pin is the most jewelry a man should ever need. i like the dress code.

samjjones 10-19-2005 01:23 PM

I refuse to wear jewelry. Not even my wedding ring.

evil_twin 10-19-2005 01:32 PM

A crucifix? Way to advertise your brainwashed status.

Shajen 10-19-2005 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Curious.

Why?

jakethebake 10-19-2005 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I've barely worn mine since my wedding.

B Dids 10-19-2005 01:37 PM

How does it effect you when men wear this stuff. Does it cause you deep personal pain?

Sometimes I laugh at somebody when he looks like an ass, but it's silly to actually let it bother you to any degree.

imported_The Vibesman 10-19-2005 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

crucifixes are too goddy for my taste.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a fantastic pun. I stand in awe.

I don't understand why anyone would care about how much jewelry SOMEONE ELSE wears. It's like baseball hats. Seems like everyone and their brother wears a cap everywhere they go nowadays, even indoors. To me it looks incredibly stupid, but hey, what do I care? That's their thing.

Unless you have a friend in danger of OG'ing.

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/6...ousucka2mc.jpg

samjjones 10-19-2005 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Curious.

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]
Comfort, mainly.

WDC 10-19-2005 01:48 PM

Mine apparently also has GPS functionality cause my wife seems to know whenever i take a little hike away from the straight and narrow.

jakethebake 10-19-2005 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Comfort, mainly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

peachy 10-19-2005 01:52 PM

there is nothing wrong with this...i find some guys attractive who have earrings or wear unique rings on thier hands (NOT wedding rings) and various types of braclets as well...there are mainly surf boarder/wake boarder type guys...but its still jewelry. If done right it looks hot.

And why only crucifixes? other people might have other symbols they want to hear on a necklace that are just is important if not more so to them. If a guy is wearing a crucifix im definately not giving him the time of day.

people can do what they want...personally i like the world with a huge variety it makes it a bit interesting

Jules22 10-19-2005 02:01 PM

i dont, but i dont really have a problem if a dude likes to wear jewelry, just seems kinda girly to me ya know

ThaSaltCracka 10-19-2005 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does it effect you when men wear this stuff. Does it cause you deep personal pain?

Sometimes I laugh at somebody when he looks like an ass, but it's silly to actually let it bother you to any degree.

[/ QUOTE ]fine Dids, I think it just looks stupid. Now that we have that formality out of the way, can we continue?

ThaSaltCracka 10-19-2005 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]ok, fine, any religious peace, preferably kept under your shirt, where it belongs.

Hella nits on here today.

10-19-2005 02:18 PM

I have a couple tennis bracelets I wear when I don't need/want my watch on due to the fact that I feel naked without something on my wrist, probably due to a lifetime of wearing a watch 98% of the time. They look pretty much just like a watch at a glance, and girls think they're pretty.

tdarko 10-19-2005 02:23 PM

i think that there should be a certain dress code for players on the sideline (injured players etc), they are professionals and should act like it. now it doesn't anger me in any way to see some basketball player with a throwback jersey, sideways cap, huge spinning cross medallion around his neck, watch with all kinds of crap added to it and earings that light up the staples center, but it doesn't look right to me. that's just my opinion, doesn't make it the right one.

i also grew up in a house in which my cousin came over with an earring and my father chased him right out trying to rip it out of his ear. old school mentality.

jakethebake 10-19-2005 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i also grew up in a house in which my cousin came over with an earring and my father chased him right out trying to rip it out of his ear. old school mentality.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember saying I was getting an earring just as a joke. My dad said, "Great! Where you gonna live?"

tdarko 10-19-2005 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember saying I was getting an earring just as a joke. My dad said, "Great! Where you gonna live?"

[/ QUOTE ]
haha, mine said "cool i always wanted a daughter."

maryfield48 10-19-2005 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think a watch, a chain, a wedding ring, cufflinks, and maybe a tie pin is the most jewelry a man should ever need. i like the dress code.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ix-nay on the i-pin-tay.

peachy 10-19-2005 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]ok, fine, any religious peace, preferably kept under your shirt, where it belongs.

Hella nits on here today.

[/ QUOTE ]

like the the guys with a button undone so the crucifix and ur hair sticking out?? no thx

tdarko 10-19-2005 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the the guys with a button undone so the crucifix and ur hair sticking out?? no thx

[/ QUOTE ]
no, like the guys that were a cross for personal reasons instead of as an accessory.

dibbs 10-19-2005 03:38 PM

I hate it when men wear sandals. Jewelry doesn't bother me, used to though. I think it's hilarious when thugs wannabes use umbrellas.

I'm getting less angsty as I age about some things and more about others.

tdarko 10-19-2005 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate it when men wear sandals.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is weird to me. sandals are so easy, i tend to get lazy with the whole putting on socks and shoes thing and i just slip on some sandals and head out the door.

why do you hate sandals?

peachy 10-19-2005 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate it when men wear sandals. Jewelry doesn't bother me, used to though. I think it's hilarious when thugs wannabes use umbrellas.

I'm getting less angsty as I age about some things and more about others.

[/ QUOTE ]

sandles have never been an issue to me on guys...but i guess thats b/c i live in a place that stays pretty warm all year long...how is this wrong for guys to wear them?

peachy 10-19-2005 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the the guys with a button undone so the crucifix and ur hair sticking out?? no thx

[/ QUOTE ]
no, like the guys that were a cross for personal reasons instead of as an accessory.

[/ QUOTE ]

i rather see the hair poking out of the top of thier shirt than a cross on a guy

10-19-2005 03:43 PM

Its a cultural thing. Mediterranean guys favor jewelry rings, bracelets, and chains. It might not fly w/ uptight white suburbans, but to each his own.
To the poster that said he feels superior to men he sees wearing jewelry perhaps he should reconsider his narrow attitude and remember whats silly to you may be cool to another and vice versa.

10-19-2005 03:47 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you hate sandals?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I would never wear sandals. I think men should not expose their feet. Nobody wants to see that.

jakethebake 10-19-2005 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its a cultural thing. Mediterranean guys favor jewelry rings, bracelets, and chains. It might not fly w/ uptight white suburbans, but to each his own.
To the poster that said he feels superior to men he sees wearing jewelry perhaps he should reconsider his narrow attitude and remember whats silly to you may be cool to another and vice versa.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I agree. I would never wear sandals. I think men should not expose their feet. Nobody wants to see that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hilarious.

swede123 10-19-2005 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just going to post the same thing. Pretty awesome, especially since the two posts are back to back.

Swede

tdarko 10-19-2005 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i rather see the hair poking out of the top of thier shirt than a cross on a guy

[/ QUOTE ]
you are missing my point peachy.

i am talking about guys that wear there cross under their shirt (as the poster suggested that you replied to originally) instead of trying show it off as a fashion etc.

like bill hicks once said "christians do some strange things...a lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a [censored] cross? It's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a rifle pendant."

Weatherhead03 10-19-2005 03:53 PM

I wear a gold grad ring, a gold chain around my next and a gold braclet. They look clean and arent drawing attention so I like to wear them. Personally I dont care what anyone wears, its their body. If I dont like the look of it, I just dont look at them.

tdarko 10-19-2005 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think men should not expose their feet. Nobody wants to see that.

[/ QUOTE ]
i have very nice feet.

FWIW, i don't stare down at the ground at other men's feet. do people really do this?

peachy 10-19-2005 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you hate sandals?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

r u guys feet this bad??? no guy ive ever been around has such horrid feet that they cant wear sandles and flip flops?? do u guys never go to the beach?? lake??? etc?? regular shoes would just be dumb

10-19-2005 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think men should not expose their feet. Nobody wants to see that.

[/ QUOTE ]
i have very nice feet.

FWIW, i don't stare down at the ground at other men's feet. do people really do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try riding the NYC subway system in the summer and being assaulted by man feet left and right. Not exactly a picnic, my friend.