Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   SNG's -- The Bitchiest Poker? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=246733)

Blarg 05-06-2005 04:18 AM

SNG\'s -- The Bitchiest Poker?

Tonight on almost every table, someone was whining, or telling some player he was a joke and was going to bust out soon, or that he couldn't wait till he busted out, that he didn't how to play, that he hated him, or whatever. It was like their bitchiness was automated or they were reading it off cue cards or something, it was so regular. I was like -- what the hell? Is Thursday National Poker Psycho Day or something? I have read that there are more murders committed on Thursdays than any other day, and more on Thursdays with a full moon than any other day. I think the poker werewolves came out tonight.

Seems in general though that I see a lot more angry sniveling and bickering in SNG's than I ever did in ring games. I dunno how many 2+2'ers act like that at the table, but I'm starting to wonder who pissed in the SNG gene pool. Anybody else notice a larger than usual quotient of knuckleheads lately?

McBandit 05-06-2005 04:26 AM

Re: SNG\'s -- The Bitchiest Poker?

Only at one table in particular, 50+5. Three different players stayed from lvl 1/2 until the end to heckle a fish who had busted them all. The chat box was spammed for the whole tourney. He busted out in 3rd when my A9 beat his AK. I can't recall seeing such whining in recent memory, not by 3 players at one table. The best line was:

"I hope you get cancer."

McBandit

TheUsher 05-06-2005 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Only at one table in particular, 50+5. Three different players stayed from lvl 1/2 until the end to heckle a fish who had busted them all. The chat box was spammed for the whole tourney. He busted out in 3rd when my A9 beat his AK. I can't recall seeing such whining in recent memory, not by 3 players at one table. The best line was:

"I hope you get cancer."

McBandit

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! That dude is a 2+2'er if it's the same one. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Edit: The one that said the cancer thing I mean.

Degen 05-06-2005 04:33 AM

Wow, I thought it was common practice to have chat off. i only turn it on if i feel like talkin some smack or there is a twoplustwoer at the table or something.

Listening to tablle chatter, for me, is negative eveee.

Andre

McBandit 05-06-2005 04:35 AM

The guy they were heckling was ngocaple(?) or something. They kept calling him nogonipple.

McBandit

Blarg 05-06-2005 04:53 AM

Same thing at my $11 table. A guy who busted out stayed the whole tournament to bitch at the guy who busted him out in like Level 1.

pergesu 05-06-2005 05:09 AM

About a week, some guy's A9 loses to like KQ. Then he says
"I hope you die.
I hope you're at home tonight and your house catches on fire.
And you burn alive.
And you can feel your flesh burn.
Slowly.
Oh so slowly."

At that point I turned the chat off. Now I never have it on unless one of my homies is sweating for some reason.

DasLeben 05-06-2005 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now I never have it on unless one of my homies is sweating for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like, y'know, constantly? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

/me needs to go play his own games

pergesu 05-06-2005 05:17 AM

Stop railbirding and go make some posts.

Big Limpin' 05-06-2005 05:27 AM

Someone told me they hoped my dog got run over.

i told them i do not have a dog.
He offered to buy me a dog just so he could run it over.
I told him that would be an acceptable transaction.
He says wha kind of dog should i get?
i suggest poodle (i f*cking HATE poodles, thats another story)
He agrees to buying me a poodle, and then running it over.

This verbal transaction takes place over the course of approximately half a dozen hands. During which the villian goes from chipleader (yes, even after i badbeat him) to medium stack, to shorty, to busted out.

I laughed. It was good times.

P.S. i never did get my poodle. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

spentrent 05-06-2005 05:35 AM

If I pushed on the bubble with something like 73o and sucked out on someone who called with a monster like KTo, I probably typed "YOINK" when the 7 or 3 fell.

Then I am forced to endure this:

PlayerA: unreal
PlayerB: unreal
PlayerC: unreal

Degen 05-06-2005 05:46 AM

yoink?

Bigwig 05-06-2005 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"I hope you get cancer."

McBandit

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! That dude is a 2+2'er if it's the same one. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That HAS to ejm7936. He's wished cancer on me three times.

Most recently when I called his push in the BB with 32o (getting 3-1 with a big stack) and busted him. Who is he?

I busted him tonight early in a tourney. I'm dying to know.

FieryJustice 05-06-2005 05:56 AM

I used to wish cancer on people before I understood that I had to lose with AA to 94 sometimes otherwise there would be no fish.

Jcardshark

DasLeben 05-06-2005 05:57 AM

I love getting made fun of. It means I'm doing my job correctly. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I've been told that I'm just a lucky idiot, a guy with no skill, etc. It's funny. My personal favorites are when I push trash on the bubble, get called, and bust. Last night I pushed 72o preflop with blinds 100/200 into two tight players. One of 'em called me with eights, and I busted. He proceeded to laugh at my play until the end of the tournament. I'd know. I stuck around and silently snickered at his comments. I was tempted to explain EV, but, naaah.

spentrent 05-06-2005 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yoink?

[/ QUOTE ]

Simpsons-ism. When a character steals something from someone, s/he usually sez "YOINK!"

networkman 05-06-2005 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I pushed on the bubble with something like 73o and sucked out on someone who called with a monster like KTo, I probably typed "YOINK" when the 7 or 3 fell.

Then I am forced to endure this:

PlayerA: unreal
PlayerB: unreal
PlayerC: unreal

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, my standard reply to the 'unreal' remark is 'No, it was very real' they don't like that [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

pergesu 05-06-2005 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been told that I'm just a lucky idiot, a guy with no skill

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Last night I pushed 72o preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

viennagreen 05-06-2005 08:46 AM

i only have it on so i know whether people are "coaching" or breaking the rules....

at least one person gets their chat suspended per day on average due to me reporting them...

it's my way of giving back to the community.

jcm4ccc 05-06-2005 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've been told that I'm just a lucky idiot, a guy with no skill

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Last night I pushed 72o preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're implying that pushing 72o preflop is a bad play. Not always. Sometimes it's a bad play NOT to push 72o preflop.

Nottom 05-06-2005 09:30 AM

Another trend I've noticed the past few days is railbirds just watching and berating people in the game. I'm not sure if they lost to someone and decided to follow them and harass them or what but I noticed this at about 3-4 of my tables yesterday.

GtrHtr 05-06-2005 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, my standard reply to the 'unreal' remark is 'No, it was very real' they don't like that

[/ QUOTE ]

I need to remember that one.

dfscott 05-06-2005 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
About a week, some guy's A9 loses to like KQ. Then he says
"I hope you die.
I hope you're at home tonight and your house catches on fire.
And you burn alive.
And you can feel your flesh burn.
Slowly.
Oh so slowly."

At that point I turned the chat off. Now I never have it on unless one of my homies is sweating for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds almost exactly like a guy I played. It wasn't even that bad of a beat -- I just got a free flop from the BB and hit it perfect.

Voltron87 05-06-2005 10:12 AM

I usually just stick with the "this is so easy" after my A6 push busts someone's KK. Variations of how easy poker is are really the only ones I use. Except for the "THNX 4 UR $$$!!!!!!11111" line, which I use after someone calls my level one AK all in with AJ.

GtrHtr 05-06-2005 10:23 AM

I assume this is on party?

Freudian 05-06-2005 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It wasn't even that bad of a beat -- I just got a free flop from the BB and hit it perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it when you play for free from the BB and win and someone says "keep playing crap like that buddy..."

XChamp 05-06-2005 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not a 2+2er.

Karak567 05-06-2005 10:51 AM

One time on Stars a guy threatened to track me down in my hometown, slit my throat and bury me bleeding alive in my backyard after my queens full busted his overpair.

I e-mailed support and they told me they revoked his chat for 6 months.

Last night on Party I was pushing nearly every hand on the bubble against 3 very weak opponents and they were constantly complaining about it "You are just full of BS," "you suck at poker," "gosh you are so stupid." However, not once did they call me, and I nearly quadrupled up off of their folds and went on to a very easy win.

rohjoh 05-06-2005 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"I hope you get cancer."

McBandit

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most recently when I called his push in the BB with 32o (getting 3-1 with a big stack) and busted him. Who is he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is ejm7936 a 2+2'er? I seem to run into him alot at the 50's and 100's? He was at 3 of my 4 tables I was playing last night. Bastard knocked me out with AA vs my AK sooted, how can he play trash like that.... I did get him at one of my other tables, but still, AA just muck it next time.

Next time he does that I will have to wish cancer on him [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

MSUcougar 05-06-2005 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know who he is, but I've played a ton of tourneys with him. It's a close race between him and kikenjoy for the most hands in my PT database...

kikenjoy isn't a 2+2er is he?

kyro 05-06-2005 11:48 AM

i recognize kikenYoy, but not kikenjoy. pretty solid player, but i have no idea if he is 2+2.

xPuns1her 05-06-2005 12:39 PM

Is that your picture GTRHTR, your a duetch bag.

Newt_Buggs 05-06-2005 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Except for the "THNX 4 UR $$$!!!!!!11111" line, which I use after someone calls my level one AK all in with AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]
please don't tap the glass

Blarg 05-06-2005 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I assume this is on party?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I only play on Eurobet/Empire.

Blarg 05-06-2005 01:18 PM

Usually I say nothing, but after seeing Office Space again the other night, my new plan is, whenever it's the right day and somebody bickers at me, to always say, "Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays."

Misfire 05-06-2005 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays."

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get yer ass kicked sayin somethin' like that, man...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...t/Lawrence.jpg

Blarg 05-06-2005 02:33 PM

LOL yeah. I loved his response.

Big Limpin' 05-06-2005 03:10 PM

Peter: Lawrence, what would you do if you had a million dollars?

Lawrence: I'll tell you what i'd do, man. Two chicks at the same time man, man. I think if i was a millionare, i could hook that up too, cause chicks dig dudes with money.

Peter: Well, not all chicks.

Lawrence: Well, the type of chick that double up on a dude like me do.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...t/Lawrence.jpg

That line cracks me up.

Blarg 05-06-2005 03:24 PM

Yup. LOL. The man's logic is unassailable.

Dan Mezick 05-06-2005 08:26 PM

Alot of times you can just turn off receiving chat while still be able to issue the occasional nastygram, which is received by all observing chat.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that does this.