Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   4,000,000 Ultimate Points (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=298241)

FMMonty 07-22-2005 12:40 PM

4,000,000 Ultimate Points

How long do you think it would take to earn 10,000 Ultimate Points,

And the harley davison for 4,000,000 Ulitmate Points?

If you had the bankroll and multitbaled, what kind of time frame are talking about here?

Recliner 07-22-2005 12:47 PM

Re: 4,000,000 Ultimate Points

Forever, you'd be better off just trying to win enough money to buy it as opposed to gathering UB points.

threeonefour 07-22-2005 01:01 PM

they have Ulitmate points tables where you gamble points like money. you're rate multitabling these should be higher than playing multiple tables of highstakes poker (in terms of points/hr earned)

primetime32 07-22-2005 01:05 PM

I think if you spent that much time working for minimum wage at mcdonalds you would make enough money to buy a harley. And you would get free food and that cool hat they all wear.

Uglyowl 07-22-2005 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think if you spent that much time working for minimum wage at mcdonalds you would make enough money to buy a harley. And you would get free food and that cool hat they all wear.

[/ QUOTE ]

To get free food is not automatic:

A. If you are "management" (crew chief +) to get free food.

B. Working stiffs are supposed to pay half price.

C. If you have a good performance day you may be able to get your manager to allow you a free meal.

D. You could work a shift where it is easy just to take something.

Pokeraddict 07-22-2005 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

C. If you have a good performance day you may be able to get your manager to allow you a free meal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Work at Mcd's before poker? MMMMMMMMM Free Big Mac

Uglyowl 07-22-2005 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Work at Mcd's before poker? MMMMMMMMM Free Big Mac

[/ QUOTE ]

Over ten years ago when I was in high school. If only they had online poker then.

wbrumfiel 07-22-2005 02:38 PM

The ONE cool thing about the ultimate points tables is that most of the people playing on them have $0 in thier account because they suck so bad at poker, so its pretty easy to stack somebody at the NL UB points tables. It'll still an eternity to earn 4 million but if you use UP to play touries and such its not that bad.

Synergistic Explosions 07-22-2005 03:59 PM

Anyone can eat free at McDonalds. I'm surprised more people, especially us poker players don't know this. Instead of going through the front door at McD's, just head to the back door. Some employee comes out regualarly and throws perfectly good food into the dumpster. There is no excuse to pay for food in America. So what if your burger is fifteen minutes old. It's free!

Note: bring some type of weapon with you to beat off the homeless. I bring a 'tire thumper' and that seems to discourage the homeless from jostling with me in the dumpster. Theres usually enough for everyone anyways, but the hysteria that takes over once the food is dropped in the dumpster makes people do crazy things. Plus, some of the homeless who live far in the woods want to horde extra to take back to their camps. This is unacceptable in my opinion. They should camp closer to the food sources.

Recliner 07-22-2005 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they have Ulitmate points tables where you gamble points like money. you're rate multitabling these should be higher than playing multiple tables of highstakes poker (in terms of points/hr earned)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but that's still a waste of time when you could play for real money and have a higher hourly rate because the points are just a little above worthless.

illunious 07-22-2005 04:37 PM

By my quick calculations using BWs data, about 20 years of 4 tabling 3/6 40 hours a week.

JRussell 07-22-2005 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone can eat free at McDonalds. I'm surprised more people, especially us poker players don't know this. Instead of going through the front door at McD's, just head to the back door. Some employee comes out regualarly and throws perfectly good food into the dumpster. There is no excuse to pay for food in America. So what if your burger is fifteen minutes old. It's free!

Note: bring some type of weapon with you to beat off the homeless. I bring a 'tire thumper' and that seems to discourage the homeless from jostling with me in the dumpster. Theres usually enough for everyone anyways, but the hysteria that takes over once the food is dropped in the dumpster makes people do crazy things. Plus, some of the homeless who live far in the woods want to horde extra to take back to their camps. This is unacceptable in my opinion. They should camp closer to the food sources.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO!!

That last part is hysterical. Thanks for the laugh. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

GrannyMae 07-22-2005 09:55 PM

Instead of going through the front door at McD's, just head to the back door

my first job at 15 was flipping burgers at mcD's.

i was amazed at the amount of food we tossed. the REAL secret (decades ago, anyway), was to get there at closing. enough food to feed a family for 2 days would go out in that batch. i used to give bags full of burgers out all the time. sad thing was that it is actually against policy to give it away for various, sound reasons. but our manager did not care.

ds914 07-23-2005 10:18 AM

So in other words, everyone else will be passing you in hovercrafts by the time you got the bike?

FMMonty 07-23-2005 10:47 AM

Hmmm

How about just earning 10,000 points, earning it, not winning it. How long do you think that would take?

AcmeSalesRep 07-23-2005 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm

How about just earning 10,000 points, earning it, not winning it. How long do you think that would take?

[/ QUOTE ]

It all depends on the limit you are talking about playing...

At 1/2, you can expect to earn about 25-30 points per hour per table. At 2/4, that rate goes up to about 45-50. I think 3/6 and above only increases the rate a little bit over the 2/4 rate, so figure 60 points per table hour for any higher limit. (1/2 and 2/4 numbers from my own records for bonus info: 27.9 points/table hour at 1/2 and 48.1 points/table hour at 2/4.)

At 1/2, you would need about 360 table hours to reach 10K points. At 2/4, that drops to about 210 table hours. For 3/6 and above, figure 150-180 table hours.

You can play up to 3 tables at a time, so divide this number of hours by the number of tables you play to get the "real-time" requirement.

Acme

randomstumbl 07-23-2005 11:11 AM

I have about 15,000 points after playing mostly 3/6 there for a couple months. It's a lot easier to earn points if you play shorthanded games and start tables. I play triple draw there, so I end up doing that anyway.

Really though, the points are pretty close to worthless. Most of the stuff you can get for 10,000 points is worth between $20 and $50. If you aren't already going to play at UB, the points should not be changing your mind.

FMMonty 07-23-2005 12:57 PM

Do you think someone could reach 150,000 points in 90 days if they really went for it?

Lets say if they did get there they would in $20,000

Nick-Zack 07-23-2005 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Instead of going through the front door at McD's, just head to the back door

[/ QUOTE ]

It was my first job also. For about a year we were allowed to take home the food that was going to be thrown away. It all ended when a guy named Scott started cooking what he wanted about 5 minutes before close, just so he could take home fresh food. I was mad at that guy at the time, but I am sure that my heart and arteries are happy that I stopped eating 2 Big Mac's every night about 2 AM.

randomstumbl 07-23-2005 01:19 PM

You basically get 1 point for every hand raked $1 (I think anyway). If you start every table you play at, you get an extra 50%. So, you could probably get close to 150,000 in 3 months of full time play, but it would be really difficult.

If you want to know for sure, just try to earn 1700 points in a day. I can't even imagine playing that much for an extended period of time, but someone could probably do it if they really wanted to.

Slacker13 07-23-2005 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So in other words, everyone else will be passing you in hovercrafts by the time you got the bike?

[/ QUOTE ]
That was funny.

Badboyy 07-23-2005 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but our manager did not care.

[/ QUOTE ]

kinda like you didnt care about trying to play some poker in the ME MAIN EVENT this year ? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

mdeck 07-23-2005 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but our manager did not care.

[/ QUOTE ]

kinda like you didnt care about trying to play some poker in the ME MAIN EVENT this year ? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

that was lame

FMMonty 07-23-2005 09:07 PM

Top 10 UP earners?

So in a period of 90 days, how many Ultimate Points do the top 10 (as in the people who play the most) players earn in 90 days?

Best guess anyone?