Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Worst Movie Sequels Ever (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397161)

Riverman 12-16-2005 05:52 PM

Re: Worst Movie Sequels Ever

speed 2

CrazyEyez 12-16-2005 06:34 PM

How is Leonard Part 6 not on this list?

Duke 12-16-2005 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joke?

~D

cdxx 12-16-2005 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Battlefield Earth II"

Wait, that's still in production.

[/ QUOTE ]

did worst movie of all time ever get resolved? i only saw the Round of 4 thread, no final thread.

12-16-2005 07:47 PM

How about every horror series ever? Leprechaun 2: Back in the hood? Every Childs play movie ever? Halloween H20? I just dont understand how sequels are made from such horrible first movies, yet they are still even worse.

siccjay 12-16-2005 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jctc, dumb and dumberer couldn't be on this, because the OP assumes that you would expect it to be a good movie

Melch

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, good point, i did expect to at least laugh once during the movie though, and that didn't happen

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't laugh at Bob Saget yelling about [censored]? I sure did. There were a couple other mildly funny parts but not many.

whiskeytown 12-17-2005 05:08 AM

I don't think ANYTHING matched the cool/suck ratio of Highlander and Highlander 2 -

Even the Director's cut couldn't save it - "You're a space alien and that's why you're invulunerable" became 'you're some powerful being from the future and that's why you're invulunerable"

ruined the Highlander franchise for me....until the TV series - that helped out a bit..

RB

diebitter 12-17-2005 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think ANYTHING matched the cool/suck ratio of Highlander and Highlander 2

[/ QUOTE ]

No truer words exist.

Whoever greenlit that script needs a 'tookie' [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

whiskeytown 12-17-2005 05:43 AM

Highlander 2 Trivia...

from the IMDB -

Director Russell Mulcahy disliked the theatrical cut so much, he left the premiere after only 15 minutes.

In the renegade version, a documentary following the film has the filmmakers explain why the original theatrical release contradicted the first film. According to them, the inflation in Argentina had risen so high during filming that the film's insurance company started to take creative control, and made a film they thought would make the most money.

All the subsequent Highlander productions ignore Highlander II, as if it never happened.

Russell Mulcahy was so frustrated at being locked out of production that he tried to have his credit changed to "Alan Smithee". However, a section of his contract forbade him from publicly attacking the film before it was released; the producers informed him that if he had his credit changed they would consider it an attack and launch a lawsuit against him.

Christopher Lambert was so disgusted with the re-written script that he wanted to drop out of production, but due to contractual obligation he was forced to finish the film.

------------------

I KNEW it had to be the Insurance Company's fault - LOL...

RB

adsman 12-17-2005 10:23 AM

Re: Highlander 2 Trivia...

yeah, highlander 2 wins.

But I have to say that I just saw Be Cool and that is complete sheeeiit. Get Shorty was a great film. How could they feck up an Elmore Leonard book? Just goes to show that even with a great cast it's not a sure thing if the director sucks big fat donkey balls.