Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Concerts you've attended which you struggle to admit to? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366313)

DRD66 10-27-2005 10:51 PM

Re: Concerts you\'ve attended which you struggle to admit to?

The Pat and Debbie Boone White Christmas tour.

I'm serious.

Not only attended, but had to work at. I saw this wonder-bread, diabetes-inducing schlock-fest 7 times. I have seen a depressing number of the bands mentioned in this thread, and I assure you Pat&Debbie are contenders.

Someone top this. Please.

nomadtla 10-27-2005 11:17 PM

Newsboys was my first concert (if anyone knows them). Britney Spears (pre-sluty) with a questionably gay dude cause the tickets were free and I love music probably to much. Def Leopard, which I went to because the lead singer came into the theater I worked at at the time and I recognized him thanks to hours of "Behind The Music" (and yes I got his autograph when he came out of the movie). Rod Stewart is deffinately up there. But one that I'm not at all ashamed of but probably should be is Gin Blossoms, Spin Doctors, 7 Mary 3, and Sponge together. This was in 2002 (long after they were popular) and of my own desire, and one of the most enjoyable shows I've ever been to.

xadrez 10-27-2005 11:24 PM

Hmmm

This is going to probably be a tie between Air Supply and Rusted Root.

Im not sure which was more traumatic

bobbyi 10-28-2005 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
saw Dashboard Confessional once....of course they were opening for Beck so I don't feel too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't count Beck is cool

[/ QUOTE ]
I got stuck seeing them when they opened for Weezer. Does that count? I actually had never heard of them before, and boy did they suck.

bobbyi 10-28-2005 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pantera, White Zombie. Cartman would call me a hippy, I listen to DMB, Stringed Cheese Incident, Phish, and other hippy bands normally. Needless to say, I didn't belong at a Pantera/White Zombie concert.

[/ QUOTE ]
That certainly isn't "needless to say". I spent a summer on phish tour. I've seen (and can spell) string cheese and seen DMB a couple times (also moe., sound tribe, "the dead", etc., etc.). And a white zombie/ pantera show sounds to me like it would be sick. I saw pantera at the first ozzfest and thought it was great, but unfortunately never got to see white zombie. I love live music and other than the "jambands", the bands with the best live shows are usually metal bands.

RRRRICK 10-28-2005 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pantera, White Zombie. Cartman would call me a hippy, I listen to DMB, Stringed Cheese Incident, Phish, and other hippy bands normally. Needless to say, I didn't belong at a Pantera/White Zombie concert.

[/ QUOTE ]
That certainly isn't "needless to say". I spent a summer on phish tour. I've seen (and can spell) string cheese and seen DMB a couple times (also moe., sound tribe, "the dead", etc., etc.). And a white zombie/ pantera show sounds to me like it would be sick. I saw pantera at the first ozzfest and thought it was great, but unfortunately never got to see white zombie. I love live music and other than the "jambands", the bands with the best live shows are usually metal bands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw Pantera many years ago on the Stronger than All tour and they were awesome.

daveymck 10-28-2005 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Iron Maiden. ewwwwwwww

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen them 5 or 6 times and am definatley not embarressed to have seen them, one of the most consistant good live bands around.