Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   New Car, $50K-60K (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=351672)

meleader2 10-06-2005 07:38 PM

Re: New Car, $50K-60K

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Corvette. I have always wanted one.

[/ QUOTE ]
Have always considered that. I dunno though. Definitely the cheapest horsepower available. SUV's were considered but I'm moving to Florida, so I don't know if that's the right approach, especially with no kids. When I lived in Buffalo, it was a much stronger tendency.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm living in buffalo...elmwood strip

NLSoldier 10-06-2005 07:50 PM

Anyone else see this as a thinly veiled brag post?

If you are about to drop 50-60k on a car, I would think you would just get what you want and not listen to the reccomendations of some teenagers on the internet.

savman 10-06-2005 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was always a fan of the BMW 330ci coupe. I dont own one, but Ive always had a soft spot for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

those cars are extra ragged. the maintainence on BMW's is unreal. plus shop time is like 150 bucks an hour....do yourself a favor and do not buy this car.

[/ QUOTE ]

ive owned a pre-owned m3 for almost 2 years not and have yet to have to do a "major" repair on it yet, only thing that ive had to redo is the brakes which after all said and done was only around 900...so the upkeep on these cars arent what everyone blows them up to be

[/ QUOTE ]

three of my friends have the 330. all bought brand new. when i say maintanence, a 900 dollar brake problem is precisely what i am referring to. a few examples from my friends cars.....(there were several warranty repairs, but my examples are all post warranty) brakelight malfunction: 500 dollars; passenger window came off-track, 475; rear leather stitching came apart, 900ish; and the list goes on. bear in mind all three were purchased brand new, this doesnt include no less than six flat tires on ONE car due to low profile tires on sprt package, and more maintanence issues. just my opinion on the brand.

MercTec 10-06-2005 08:14 PM

The new Infiniti M class. Classy and sporty IMO

Klepton 10-06-2005 08:17 PM

in the words of the great mike l.

peachy 10-06-2005 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was always a fan of the BMW 330ci coupe. I dont own one, but Ive always had a soft spot for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

those cars are extra ragged. the maintainence on BMW's is unreal. plus shop time is like 150 bucks an hour....do yourself a favor and do not buy this car.

[/ QUOTE ]

ive owned a pre-owned m3 for almost 2 years not and have yet to have to do a "major" repair on it yet, only thing that ive had to redo is the brakes which after all said and done was only around 900...so the upkeep on these cars arent what everyone blows them up to be

[/ QUOTE ]

three of my friends have the 330. all bought brand new. when i say maintanence, a 900 dollar brake problem is precisely what i am referring to. a few examples from my friends cars.....(there were several warranty repairs, but my examples are all post warranty) brakelight malfunction: 500 dollars; passenger window came off-track, 475; rear leather stitching came apart, 900ish; and the list goes on. bear in mind all three were purchased brand new, this doesnt include no less than six flat tires on ONE car due to low profile tires on sprt package, and more maintanence issues. just my opinion on the brand.

[/ QUOTE ]

read my reply to this already...it wasnt just brakes...

AZK 10-06-2005 09:24 PM

Audi S4, at least that's my plan.

DasLeben 10-06-2005 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, only spending 900 bucks on a break job is a great deal.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a bud that had that bodystyle BMW (E36), and he would DIY his brakes for no more than $150.

ptmusic 10-06-2005 09:33 PM

Whatever Mercedes convertible fits that price range.

-ptmusic

_Kevin_ 10-06-2005 10:15 PM

If you are willing to buy a used car, the E39 M5 is a great car. I recently sold my NSX and wanted a sports car but with less flash. After a single test drive of the M5, I bought one. It's faster than the NSX (and most sports cars). It's handling is impressive (it's obviously not as good as a 2 seat purpose built sports car but amazing none the less) and it's practical. It is a very stealthy car which I really like. It's fun to pull up next to a C5 corvette and be able to keep up with it (or out run it based on the driver). It runs away from the boxster (even the S models). You can certainly get one in this range or quite a bit less.

In the end, you have to decide what you want but the M5 is a great car depending on what you want.