Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Most Graphic Thing You've Ever Seen In Real Life (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=315521)

Blarg 08-16-2005 09:56 PM

Re: Most Graphic Thing You\'ve Ever Seen In Real Life

[ QUOTE ]
My wife lived at the time down the street from the 'hot blonde'. Her opinion: He did it, and that bitch had it coming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your wife sounds like a mean bitch. I'm sure you know what to do.

Blarg 08-16-2005 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen my own left shoulder ball joint pushing up from under my skin. I think that was the closest ever I've come to passing out from pain. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it. I bet people with grotesque injuries like that pass out from the mental shock of it all the time.

My friend passes out from the sight of blood. Even talking about bloody things makes him seriously woozy. He's a pretty rough and tumble guy too; some folks are just like that.

For me, hearing a bone snap is incredibly stomach-clenching. I dunno, it's just the sound of something so WRONG. I half feel like it's happening to me even just thinking about it.

On the other hand, I've had dogs and cats bleed hugely all over me, and the occasional brother too, and gotten good cuts myself, and ... mostly I feel bad and sympathize or empathize, but it's not primal or very visceral.

Martin 08-17-2005 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3 men are chasing a woman down the side streets. They catch her and tie her to a post. One produces and automobile tire and places it over her head, another pours the contents of a tin can inside the tire, and they then light it on fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

They call this piece of horror a necklacing. These were very common in South Africa in the 80's. I saw a few of them, absolutely horrific way to die.

[ QUOTE ]
"Civilization developed in Africa. It has not continued to do so."

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly very true.

HopeydaFish 08-17-2005 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The worst for me was seeing a 12 yr old girl get hit by a car. I was the first person on the scene and it was horrible. I still think about her every once in a while.
The [censored] driver took off.
Her mom tracked me down weeks later to ask me if she had died instantly. I lied and said yes. The realty was that the girl bled to death in front of me and there was nothing I could do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw something similar to this years ago. I was coming up to a yellow light and slowed down to stop. Two kids were trying to cross the street at the same time and when they saw me stopping they figured it was safe to cross. Just as they're crossing in front my truck a car came speeding through the intersection in the opposite direction, running the red light. One of the kids saw the car coming and jumped out of the way, the other kid was clipped and thrown straight up in the air. He landed on his head.

I got out of my vehicle, expecting to see him dead. However, he was still alive and was holding his head with his hands. I went back to the truck to get my cellphone to call 911.

After I called 911 I walked back to the scene and couldn't believe what I was seeing -- a couple of people were helping him stand up! Anybody with half a brain knows that you don't move people who may have suffered a spinal cord injury. As soon as he was almost standing, he screamed out in pain -- his leg was obviously broken, and you could see that it was twisted at an odd angle as he was trying to stand.

djoyce003 08-17-2005 11:17 AM

O yeah, almost forgot this one, probably because it happened to me. When I was about 12, I was fishing on pier on the coast. A guy hit me in side of the head with a pyramid shaped weight (5 ounces) while he was casting. It cut my head open to the skull, ripped my ear completely in half, and came out behind it. Multiple veins and arteries were cut. The veins were spraying blood kind of like the mist setting on a nozzle on a garden hose. The arteries were shooting blood around 10-12 feet. I remember seeing it out of the corner of my eye and thinking " your ass is going to die when you are 12, that sucks" The guy that hit me took his shirt off and pressed to my head super hard...obviously I made it after a couple of transfusions. It was pretty gross though.

coffeecrazy1 08-17-2005 11:37 AM

Yikes. I think I don't blame you for forgetting that one. Yuck...that's like the time when I was six that I got hit in the face with a baseball. It ripped half my face open and I had to get 45 stitches to sew it back up.

Thankfully, there was an expert plastic surgeon on call in the emergency room that night.