Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   The Fantasy Football Advice Column (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=308015)

McGahee 08-16-2005 12:43 PM

Re: The Fantasy Football Advice Column

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The key is where there top of the line names go. If your picking 7th in this league and Manning, McNabb and Culpepper are gone I will probably be going after a Jamal Lewis or Willis McGahee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody's in love with McGahee. And he is an absolute premium RB. But most players are overlooking the fact that he has had a MAJOR knee injury, and probably is going to have another at some point. I noticed he "limped off the field with a knee injury" the other night, but came back for one series. Probably no big deal this time. But watch out! I wouldn't touch him with a stick at the level he's going to be drafted.

bill

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't help it - the girls love me.

Seriously though, Edge and Lewis have had big knee injuries too. Willis was a horse last year, putting up a season's worth of stats in 11 games. He's going to get the ball a lot. And the Bills aren't going to be playing from 14-0 down very often with their defense. I don't disupte the consensus that Losman could easily struggle, but I honestly don't see how he can be much worse than Bledsoe.

brettbrettr 08-16-2005 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I honestly don't see how he can be much worse than Bledsoe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch, amigo. Watch.

lastsamurai 08-16-2005 01:39 PM

I didnt see lamont jordan on your list....where would he stand? I put him 3rd -4th rounder.

McGahee 08-16-2005 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch, amigo. Watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen Drew play the last two and a half seasons?

brettbrettr 08-16-2005 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch, amigo. Watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen Drew play the last two and a half seasons?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but this is a time will tell argument. Time will tell.

UncleRemus 08-16-2005 03:18 PM

Yeah, there are NO team QB's left, so I woulda been screwed on bye weeks without a third. As for D, I think the Raiders and 49'ers are still available, but I'm pretty sure that's it. In a 2 Team QB, 2 D league, I had to have a backup on my roster. Believe me, I would have been much more comfortable had it been 1 D and I could have played matchups on the waiver wire, but that wasn't the case... I think I played it alright considering the format, though.

Sluss 08-16-2005 03:47 PM

Lamont Jordan is on a team that will score alot of points. Plus it looks like he might be a bigger part of the passing game than first expected. If you get a point per reception he would be a monster steal in the third or fourth round.