Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   If you were me.............. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=295926)

stretch22 07-19-2005 03:47 PM

Re: If you were me..............

[ QUOTE ]
Teach and bang some 17 yr old chicks looking to up their grades [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

stretch22 07-19-2005 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ahhh, the days when lindsay lohan wasn't some anorexic, tan in a bottle, bleach blonde mess. Couldn't stop laughing the first time I saw that...but, that clip loses its comedic value the second time you watch it faster then a car ten feet out of a dealers lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

mwap mwap mwap (camera zooms in)

boose_bagina 07-19-2005 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ahhh, the days when lindsay lohan wasn't some anorexic, tan in a bottle, bleach blonde mess. Couldn't stop laughing the first time I saw that...but, that clip loses its comedic value the second time you watch it faster then a car ten feet out of a dealers lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

mwap mwap mwap (camera zooms in)

[/ QUOTE ]
haha, that was perfect, i didn't realize how bad i set myself up

nice job [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

pudley4 07-19-2005 04:19 PM

VERY SERIOUS TAX QUESTION FOR BOB

You're in MN, right? Have you looked into the tax consequences of playing full time? More specifically I mean the fact that you cannot deduct your gambling losses from your gambling wins when calculating your state tax (in Minnesota). So if you total up your session wins and you "won" $300,000 and total up your session losses and "lost" $225,000, you'd claim $300,000 in income and have to pay taxes on that amount.

Have you talked with a CPA/tax-attorney yet? Is there a way you can file (possibly as a professional?) to avoid this ridiculousness?

solucky 07-19-2005 04:42 PM

make both your job and poker. Invest your winnings in the stockmarkets and you can quit both in 10 years:). Thats my plan......

LuvDemNutz 07-19-2005 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you like teaching? Also, if the poker goes well, do you think you would move up and go for year two?

Taking a leave from my job was an easy decision as it is unrewarding and has no benefits (independent contractor). I know a lot of teachers and, depending on the school system, their feelings about their careers range from love to hate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could use the time away.

[/ QUOTE ]

The summer isn't enough? Man, you teachers are a spoiled bunch.

PokerBob 07-19-2005 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you like teaching? Also, if the poker goes well, do you think you would move up and go for year two?

Taking a leave from my job was an easy decision as it is unrewarding and has no benefits (independent contractor). I know a lot of teachers and, depending on the school system, their feelings about their careers range from love to hate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could use the time away.

[/ QUOTE ]

The summer isn't enough? Man, you teachers are a spoiled bunch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes we are.

PokerBob 07-19-2005 07:03 PM

Re: VERY SERIOUS TAX QUESTION FOR BOB

I have had some contact with an accountant, and he told me that it shouldn't be too hard to prove that I am a professional with the amount of time I put in, plus the fact that it would be my only source of income.

MrVanDresen 07-19-2005 07:14 PM

First off you story is real fishy

2nd I doubt you REALLY haver a choice.

So SHUT up and go teach.

PokerBob 07-19-2005 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First off you story is real fishy

[/ QUOTE ]

ok