Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Should BK hire Tommy Angelo? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=338376)

bicyclekick 10-24-2005 03:39 PM

Re: Should BK hire Tommy Angelo?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
we all played a 40/80 game together for about 5 hours...and we decided the coaching package is not for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain how you guys arrived at that conclusion based on your session?

[/ QUOTE ]

We discussed before we actually played if I recall.

He basically just said he's got his product down to a boom boom boom product and it doesn't require much thought for him anymore and he likes it that way and it's not really meant for people like me.

TheWorstPlayer 10-24-2005 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He basically just said he's got his product down to a boom boom boom product and it doesn't require much thought for him anymore and he likes it that way and it's not really meant for people like me.

[/ QUOTE ]
FWIW, this may be the case now, too, for phone discussions. I am a huge fan of his now and am positive that he has the ability to improve your game. But if he doesn't want to do those types of highly individualised sessions and wants to just maintain the commoditised products that he has already developed, then that is a different issue.

tpir90036 10-24-2005 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah I know. I felt like writing it anyway. it wasn't mean spirited even though it might've came off that way

[/ QUOTE ]
No worries. I am a nobody around here so I didn't think I had done anything in the past to piss you off but I wanted to make sure.

Later,
tpir

Turning Stone Pro 10-24-2005 04:18 PM

In the legal profession we call those . . .

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ambulance chasers. Total joke.

TSP

Dick_Stone_777 10-24-2005 05:01 PM

Should BK talk about himself in the third person?

n/m

Joe Tall 10-24-2005 05:15 PM

Why didn't you just call me? Still got my number? If you don't, PM me and I'll call you.

Ulysses 10-24-2005 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tend to listen to people making more $$ than me and tend not to listen to people making a lot less than me. There is a reason why people are in the spots they are in life.
You don't pull up in a limo to get financial advice from someone who just drove up on his bicycle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, if you were successful enough to need a financial advisor, you would know that the vast majority of financial advisors have far less money than their clients.

Ulysses 10-24-2005 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the price of tommy's services for you are likely to be 5k*(1-.4) or 3k. cost includes lost $ from playing etc. + price.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you're saying bike would usually lose 2k playing poker during the time he would spend taking lessons from Tommy? Wow, perhaps he's best off just quitting this poker thing and watching some TV or something.

DcifrThs 10-24-2005 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the price of tommy's services for you are likely to be 5k*(1-.4) or 3k. cost includes lost $ from playing etc. + price.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you're saying bike would usually lose 2k playing poker during the time he would spend taking lessons from Tommy? Wow, perhaps he's best off just quitting this poker thing and watching some TV or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly meant excludes el d.

Barrom

BoxTree 10-24-2005 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why doesn't TA write a book?