Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   To all of the downswing whiners around here (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376112)

FatalError 11-12-2005 09:30 AM

Re: To all of the downswing whiners around here

I found out that 10-20 NL is more valuble, but i thank SnG's for providing me a huge bankroll and good late game tournament skillz

dogsballs 11-12-2005 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why haven't you moved up?

[/ QUOTE ]

My results at the 109's aren't so good. 9-12% ROI kinda thing, though much fewer played.

I also spend too much of my BR so it's an early danger zone when I hit a losing streak.

Cassidy 11-12-2005 05:54 PM

The annoying thing I do when on downswing is work out all sorts of stats to quantify just how bad the downswing is.

I don't know why I do this. It doesn't make me feel better about my game, quite the opposite in fact.

This month I haven't a clue what my ROI or ITM are since I stopped logging SnG results in my spreadsheet as I normally do.

At the end of the month I'll load all my results into Poker Tracker. If I do hit a downswing this month then at least I won't be beating myself up about how bad it is until December 1st.

Daliman 11-13-2005 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to play a lot of sngs and dealt with this kind of frustrating variance.

I moved to ring games and did bad at first then well later. I occasionally play the 500-2k sngs on party or stars when I feel like it, and the entire tourney is kind of a helpless feeling. I control so much more in a ring game. SNGs are fun and profitable, but if you really want a more mentally soothing poker experience, play NL ring games. They are harder, but more rewarding. You will get better at SNGs too, especially level 1 and level 2 play. You will also feel in control. At the 5-10 and 10-20 levels I've had only a few 10-15 buy in drops. There is also no thrill like winning a huge pot, or just being in a huge pot. It's nice winning a tourney, but when you grind out SNGs the thrill of winning just isnt there because the game becomes so mechanical.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

I have found the same in my NL cash forays. It helps get you out of the pushbot mode, and work much more on being a thinking player.

Daliman 11-13-2005 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The other thing to realize is that everyone plays worse when they run worse. People also play bad when they run really good too. I think people are sharpest when they are enjoying moderate success, so try to keep your mental state in the one you are in when you are your sharpest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also true. Most winning players run bad and try to retool,(I know I did).

Alert the media. I agreed with SISS 2x in a row! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1C5 11-14-2005 07:15 PM

Last month I was breakeven after 400 22s.

stanzee 11-14-2005 07:29 PM

can someone explain to me what a downswing is?

Sabrazack 11-14-2005 08:43 PM

Hahahaha, this guy is fun [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]