Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Dids's WSOP '05 Get Less Fat Incentive Plan. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=102079)

jasonHoldEm 09-11-2004 05:35 PM

Re: Accountability!!!

Whoa...

I was just re-reading this thread (I have it bookmarked) and was going to bump it as well.

Hope things are going well for you dids.

J

Dan Rutter 09-11-2004 10:49 PM

Re: Dids\'s WSOP \'05 Get Less Fat Incentive Plan.

Setting goals is a key area in improving most areas of ones life, especially in an area such as losing weight, and becoming more healthy. Your doing a great job at goal setting with what you have outlined in the message you posted on your website. If you are looking for a book for information on all aspect of improving to a healthier life style, I would recomend Bill Phillips, Body-for-Life. He has a few books related to this as well. It has an excellent, simple to follow dietary, and excercise program. Along with great information on how to set and achieve short-term and long term goals. It also contains some pretty inspirational stories from some of the people who have followed the program. I didn't read all the posts so I dont know if someone recomended this book yet, but I think it is great. Best wishes on you success.

B Dids 09-12-2004 11:38 AM

Re: Accountability!!!

Frankly, it's going less than fantastic. Still very inconsistant.

It's strange, the first time I lost weight I was just able to flip a switch and BOOM, I was on the diet, working out, and I stuck do it. This time I'm just not finding that switch. So I start up, I spend a few days being good, then I slack off again.

It's not just a lack of motivation with regards to working out and eating right. It's also just a general lack of motivation in my life that's affecting me at work and at home. Just feeling a massive lack of energy and a desire to do anything more than sit around and suck in cathod rays in one form or another. I'm problably going to go see some sort of counselor to talk about this stuff in the next few weeks.

Things aren't so bad that the plan is totally bust. (in part because they pushed back the WSOP a month [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) I just need to find a way to rededicate myself and at this point I'm not sure what it is. However, this being bumped is a good start. I've kinda been ducking people's inquries about how this is going, and that wasn't the point of making this be know. So if I just make myself be held accountable,like I intended, that should have some benefit.

I'm not really sure what my next step is. I'll keep trying to stay on target, but I'm not sure if just "trying" is enough. I do know that once I do find that switch, and really get myself into a pattern, I'll be good. I just need to find a way to get there.

Thanks for bumping this, it's helping to give me the kick in the ass I need.