Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   I'm very sorry (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375024)

BigSoonerFan 11-11-2005 12:53 AM

Re: I\'m very sorry

[ QUOTE ]
"ILL SAY IT SENSE NONE OF YOU OTHER FAGGGOTS GOT THE SACK TO DO IT. MASON, SKLANSKY AND ALL YOU OTHER FUCIN HOMOSEXUAL MODS [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF

FUC YOU GUYS YOU THINK YOU ARE SUCH THE LITTLE FRANCHISE I PISS ON 2+2 BUT I WOULDNT PISS ON YOU ALL IF YOU WERE ON FIRE [censored] LAME COCSUKIN FAGGGOTS"

I think it is only fair to tell you that you are coming close to what we would consider an objectionable post. Cross that line and your posts will be deleted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's funny.

Daliman 11-11-2005 01:23 AM

Re: One owner who sets explicit rules for use of private property.

[ QUOTE ]
The site has one and only one owner. The owner is 2+2. The owner posts the ground rules. The users either honor the ground rules or they are dealt with by the owner in accordance with the ground rules.

The ground rules are clear and widely publicized. For example, the Politics list the specific ground rules for that forum as the very first post.

This setup is very direct and explicit. It seems to me that any drama generated is not from 2+2 but rather, from those who choose to not honor the clearly articulated ground rules.

Anyone posting 2+2, regardless of native talent level, popularity, or other gifts, is posting on private property at the owner's pleasure, and as such must honor the rules of the private property owner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I'm pretty sure conjelco owns the site.

Daliman 11-11-2005 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
another wonderful job by the mods
oo lets ban paul philips, one of pokers smarter minds.

yea thats smart.
ban barryg next while ur at it

[/ QUOTE ]

barryg behaves like an adult.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh really?

11-11-2005 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

yea thats smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh really?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a stretch at best to display Barry's "immaturity"

1) not on 2+2
2) Not very "immature" at all.

Daliman 11-11-2005 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ruh roh.

*microwaves some popcorn*

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's gonna be that epic...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Bad read.

Daliman 11-11-2005 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

yea thats smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh really?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a stretch at best to display Barry's "immaturity"

1) not on 2+2
2) Not very "immature" at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
1. The initial comment said nothing about him acting like an adult one HERE, just the infinite "barryg behaves like an adult"
2. I'd say throwing a hissy fit over being outplayed, then making a big scene THE NEXT DAY saying he should be kicked out is pretty immature, and I'd bet $$$ that if this account is fully accurate, that Barry would agree too, and he said about as much before.

But hey, eye of beholder and all.

11-11-2005 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Message received this morning:

Paul:

I just spoke to Mat Sklansky who deleted the thread.

Apparently, you made derogartory comments about this site, the moderator, and stated that if any of your posts are ever deleted you would never post here again." I agree that our posters should not be "bad mouthing" the TV players. However, that's no excuse for you to do the same.

Paul, we are considering granting your wish of never allowing you to post here again. You need to appologize, first to us privately, and then to the forum.

It is our policy at Two Plus Two to hold other writers to higher standards, that policy is now extended to well known public figures in poker such as yourself.

I think this is a shame since you are certainly one of the most talented people in all of poker, but having extra talent is no excuse for rude behavior on Two Plus Two.

Best wishes,
Mason

I am very sorry to mason that he is so lame.
I am very sorry to the forum that you're stuck with mason and the rest of the hitler youth.

Best wishes,
paulp

[/ QUOTE ]

paul, how dare you make such a comparison. no one here deserves being compared to the nazis. get off your high horse and go [censored] yourself. this comparison is not only unacceptable, it is also highly offensive to me, as a human being. If I ever see you in public I will challenge you to a fight. And you will lose, should you accept.

11-11-2005 01:47 AM

I don't think his complaining about was was a [censored] move on the other guy's part equates with

"I'm sorry you are all such losers. You are not coming to my birthday party." ala PP

Daliman 11-11-2005 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Message received this morning:

Paul:

I just spoke to Mat Sklansky who deleted the thread.

Apparently, you made derogartory comments about this site, the moderator, and stated that if any of your posts are ever deleted you would never post here again." I agree that our posters should not be "bad mouthing" the TV players. However, that's no excuse for you to do the same.

Paul, we are considering granting your wish of never allowing you to post here again. You need to appologize, first to us privately, and then to the forum.

It is our policy at Two Plus Two to hold other writers to higher standards, that policy is now extended to well known public figures in poker such as yourself.

I think this is a shame since you are certainly one of the most talented people in all of poker, but having extra talent is no excuse for rude behavior on Two Plus Two.

Best wishes,
Mason

I am very sorry to mason that he is so lame.
I am very sorry to the forum that you're stuck with mason and the rest of the hitler youth.

Best wishes,
paulp

[/ QUOTE ]

paul, how dare you make such a comparison. no one here deserves being compared to the nazis. get off your high horse and go [censored] yourself. this comparison is not only unacceptable, it is also highly offensive to me, as a human being. If I ever see you in public I will challenge you to a fight. And you will lose, should you accept.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh.

Talk about immaturity and not understanding full context...

I guess I should be waiting for that challenge too.

*Yawn*

11-11-2005 01:55 AM

Don't try to defend him saying it was out of context, or taken the wrong way. It doesn't matter. He can call them nazis all he wants. But no one, especially him, should get upset that he gets banned for it. What did he expect? They did what he wanted them too.

Daliman 11-11-2005 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't try to defend him saying it was out of context, or taken the wrong way. It doesn't matter. He can call them nazis all he wants. But no one, especially him, should get upset that he gets banned for it. What did he expect? They did what he wanted them too.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think someones should kick his ass for it?

You and I just aren't seeing eye to eye.

11-11-2005 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think someones should kick his ass for it?

You and I just aren't seeing eye to eye.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that what he did was immature. I think it didn't HAVE to result in a banning, but I totally understand why it did, and he should have to. He turned a good point about the software of 2+2 into a personal attack on Mason. I do not understand why there is so much fuss about this. Do people really fear that they will be banned for no reason? Are they afraid that PP will never talk to them personally again? Or are they just trolls who take whatever opportunity to diss the moderators of this site?

11-11-2005 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Sigh.

*Yawn*

[/ QUOTE ]

a) There is only one acceptable context to call someone a nazi, that is if they are in fact a nazi. Any other context is tasteless. You can say whatever you want, but that doesn't mean I can't bitch about how stupid you are for doing so.
b) The only immaturity in my post was the part about challenging paul phillips to a fight. I try to be funny sometimes, but I was being half serious. The moderators here are good people. They aren't Jew-murderers, or supporters of Jew-murder. Any allegations of such are offensive to me as a person.
c)I would destroy Paul Phillips in a HU match of fisticuffs
d)Don't think because you responded to my half-joke that I'm going to wig out on you too by challenging you to a fight, you didn't call anyone I respect a nazi.
e)grow up

TimTimSalabim 11-11-2005 02:39 AM

No soup for you!

11-11-2005 03:00 AM

ok, seinfeld gets an exception, I guess. because I'm allowed to give exceptions, obviously

NLSoldier 11-11-2005 03:41 AM

All I know is that I cant wait to drunk dial mat sklansky this weekend [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

11-11-2005 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's not quite the point. Mason banned Paul, not me. However, isn't it likely that the reason Paul was banned was a result of this violation of expected privacy? Could not have paul responded privately that Mason was making an unfair request. By making the pm public he was trying to degrade and humiliate the owner of this website.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold on there, Internet Cowboy. In a thread a few months ago Mason posted some private information about Daniel Negreanu. I'll try and dig it up. It shows Mason's double-standards on issues like this.

11-11-2005 04:44 AM

Here's Mason's post where he attempted to publicly humiliate Daniel Negreanu by revealing that he (Mason) had removed Daniel's endorsement from a 2+2 book. Mason also mentioned that the Wynn was sparsely populated even though Daniel was promoting it. Classy.

So first you guys run off the most successful tourney player of 2004 and now you ban Paul Phillips. Nice work.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone:

I was hoping this wouldn't happen, and I expect some of our readers will react negatively to this post, but I've had enough of Negreanu. This is a loose cannon who continues to attack people on the Internet. Some of you may remember his attacks made towards me a few years back on RGP, but you never saw or heard about the nasty email he also sent me around that time.

At David's request, we had put an endorsement on Tournament Poker for Advanced Players from Negreanu, but I as the publisher of Two Plus Two, and not David, removed it after the Annie Duke attacks even though I'm not one of her fans either.

Last night I played some poker at The Wynn. They had one limit $40-$80 which broke shortly after midnight, and no $10-$20 blind no limit. It looks to me that this room is going to be a disappointment to those of us who were hoping it could provide real competition to The Bellagio. As far as I can tell, Negreanu, their so called host, cares little about the players in his cardroom. Instead, he comes here and makes juvenile challenges for no reason. David had already made clear where he stands on these matches, and I want nothing to do with him.

When he calls David "Daveyboy," I see the old pattern reappearing. Negreanu has in many ways become one of the biggest names in poker. No one can his deny his tremendous success, especially in the tournaments. You would think that because of his success he would be magnanimous to all, and a true ambassador to all of poker. Instead, we see something different. I nor David will have nothing more to say on this matter (although David will stand by his statements about the games that he would play).

I do want to make one other point. The amount of money that Negreanu is challenging us for is not an issue for either David or myself. However, gambling for this type of money on low edge propositions goes against most of what we teach and have written about. Yes, Two Plus Two has been very successful as can be seen by the size of this site. We thank everyone for their support and would like to get on to more worthwhile issues.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/...page=&vc=1

Also, those of you that think Paul was a worthless poster probably don't remember one of his math posts that pointed out likely collusion between two pro poker players. You don't see too many detailed math posts like the one Paul provided (I think it is also on his blog somewhere) and that one post surely makes up for a lot of the silly posts that Paul is accused of making.

Mason Malmuth 11-11-2005 05:39 AM

Re: One owner who sets explicit rules for use of private property.

Hi Daliman:

Two Plus Two Publishing LLC owns the site. ConJelCo acts as our administrator.

Best wishes,
Mason

Yossarian 11-11-2005 09:10 AM

This whole thread would have been far more entertaining if the OP had made some responces... oh yeah oops...

Xcalibur 11-11-2005 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

yea thats smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh really?

[/ QUOTE ]

He said Barry behaves like an adult, not Barry is a saint. Adults get frustrated and angry too. And I don't see any juvenile behavior or name calling in that article.

Zetack 11-11-2005 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Sigh.

*Yawn*

[/ QUOTE ]

a) There is only one acceptable context to call someone a nazi, that is if they are in fact a nazi. Any other context is tasteless. You can say whatever you want, but that doesn't mean I can't bitch about how stupid you are for doing so.
b) The only immaturity in my post was the part about challenging paul phillips to a fight. I try to be funny sometimes, but I was being half serious. The moderators here are good people. They aren't Jew-murderers, or supporters of Jew-murder. Any allegations of such are offensive to me as a person.
d)Don't think because you responded to my half-joke that I'm going to wig out on you too by challenging you to a fight, you didn't call anyone I respect a nazi.
e)grow up

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I can tell, Paul Phillips didn't call anybody a Nazi. Everybody keeps saying he did though.

Words have nuances, if you change the words he used, sometimes you change the sense of what he said. To my ear, this is one of those times.

--Zetack

vegasvegas 11-11-2005 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Sigh.

*Yawn*

[/ QUOTE ]

e)grow up

[/ QUOTE ]

a. definition from Wikipedia
"[...]In pop culture, the term nazi (lowercase "n") can also be coupled with another word to imply overzealousness, aggression or hostility -- negative qualities often associated with the Nazi Party. Such usage was popularized in the November 2, 1995 episode of the successful 1990s sitcom Seinfeld. The plot is centered on a soup stand vendor who dispenses his wares in a harsh manner, thus becoming the titular "Soup Nazi." Such usage of the term is often humorous, although it can also be a pejorative. Other examples include feminazi, grammar nazi, fashion nazi, and Econazi. Many criticize the use of such terms as they appear to diminish the crimes of Nazi Germany during the Second World War.[...]"
Read Paul's thread on invoking Hitler / Nazis in his livejournal.

b. You think invoking Hitler in jest isn't funny, but threatening somebody with bodily harm is ?

c. Underlines that somebody needs to grow up. Another internet toughguy, whoop-de-doo.

d. If I call you a Nazi, do you promise to come after me ? Post up next time you're in Vegas.

e. Follow your own advice

Question to the mods: Is threatening other posters with bodily harm a bannable offense ? How does it stack up against Paul's initial post at he beginning of all this ?

Cancuk 11-11-2005 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ILL SAY IT SENSE NONE OF YOU OTHER FAGGGOTS GOT THE SACK TO DO IT. MASON, SKLANSKY AND ALL YOU OTHER FUCIN HOMOSEXUAL MODS [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF

FUC YOU GUYS YOU THINK YOU ARE SUCH THE LITTLE FRANCHISE I PISS ON 2+2 BUT I WOULDNT PISS ON YOU ALL IF YOU WERE ON FIRE [censored] LAME COCSUKIN FAGGGOTS

[/ QUOTE ]

You're mastery of the English language is staggering

Snoogins47 11-11-2005 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
>>but they sure aren't doing a very great job of running a messageboard.<<

What struck me as odd was the demand to Phillips that he 'apologize privately...and publicly' for his 'transgression', or be permanently banned.

Essentially, this was a demand that he grovel for the privilege of being allowed to post here, where it was extremely difficult to see where his post even remotely violated the posted TOC.

That's what led to my earlier speculation that perhaps there is more going on here behind the scenes than we are all privy to, because on the face of it the 'offense' and the demand for private and public apology seems frankly bizarre.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to make a lot of sense to me. Think back to high-school. Remember that teacher? (We ALL had one) The one who was painfully dorky, but ruled their classroom with an iron fist? As naive 16 year olds, we thought they were just mean. Truth is, we just got the [censored] end of the knee-jerk power trip that stemmed from a lifetime of 'Hey punk, gimme your lunch money' and prom dates with family members.

freemont 11-11-2005 01:03 PM

Am I the only one that finds it strange?

Paul Phillips "controversial" post was deleted and yet this one remains? I read his other post before it got deleted and it wasn't NEARLY as offensive as this one. The only thing negative he said in it was that the interface of 2+2 is brain dead or retarded or something to that effect. Now I don't know much about that sort of thing, and this interface seems as good as any other to me, but it strikes me that Paul knows what he's talking about when it comes to computers, so if he says it stinks I believe him... His comment about Dynasty was not "derogatory" how is saying that Dynasty boasting about how many people he's banned adds fuel to the fire, in the least bit derogatory? Perhpas Dynasty isn't boasting, but he does point out who he has given a time out to, and it is merely Paul's opinion that it is "boasting" and that adds fuel to the flamers fire. NOT derogatory at all... I believe the most offensive part of his post was when he used the word dick as in "dick swinging contest" But hey, what do I know?

It probably was inevitable that with his outspoken nature Paul would get banned, but come on, this was pretty lame...

just my two cents...

Vincent Lepore 11-11-2005 04:07 PM

Re: Am I the only one that finds it strange?

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing negative he said in it was that the interface of 2+2 is brain dead or retarded or something to that effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
this interface seems as good as any other to me

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
it strikes me that Paul knows what he's talking about when it comes to computers, so if he says it stinks I believe him...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe we are finaly getting to the bottom of this controversy.

Vince

11-12-2005 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2. Write a constructive criticism. Don't use inflamatory terms or resort to namecalling. Instead, enumerate your gripe and offer positive suggestions about ways to remedy the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a serious problem when you have mods posting saying please don't lump me in with the other mods.

Just ax the 2 mods who need it. When I get dealt 32 I try to muck it early - waiting until the river to give up doesn't work as well.

AngryCola 11-12-2005 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You have a serious problem when you have mods posting saying please don't lump me in with the other mods.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems to be about my comments, so I'll respond.

I wonder how you took my words and turned them into, "Please don't lump me in with the other mods." That's very different from what I said. The point of my post was to suggest that vague baseless generalizations tend to be rather unfair and counterproductive.

Personally, I think it's great that a couple of people are trying to help high noise forums become more civil.

11-12-2005 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I think it's great that a couple of people are trying to help high noise forums become more civil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which forums are you talking about? Who are these two mods that are bringing civility back to the Internet?

AngryCola 11-12-2005 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Which forums are you talking about? Who are these two mods that are bringing civility back to the Internet??

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't think anyone can accomplish quite that much as a mere 2+2 moderator. But to clarify, I was referring to the WPT/TV and OOT forums. However, 'The Zoo' really should be in that group, too.

11-12-2005 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Which forums are you talking about? Who are these two mods that are bringing civility back to the Internet??

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't think anyone can accomplish quite that much as a mere 2+2 moderator. But to clarify, I was referring to the WPT/TV and OOT forums. However, 'The Zoo' really should be in that group, too

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are the titles of three current topics on the front page of OOT:

"Should this chick blow me?"

"Longest log you've ever laid"

"Hot chick, strap on, would you"

Do those titles signify civility to you? I would describe OOT moderation as some sick experiment in human psychology as opposed to an effort to enforce civility.

AngryCola 11-12-2005 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Here are the titles of three current topics on the front page of OOT:

"Should this chick blow me?"

"Longest log you've ever laid"

"Hot chick, strap on, would you"

[/ QUOTE ]

The main moderator of OOT hasn't been around. If he had been, I strongly suspect two of those three threads would be gone or not started in the first place.

Even so, none of those subjects are inherently uncivil.

MicroBob 11-12-2005 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
un·civ·il
adj.

1. Discourteous; rude

uncivil

adj : lacking civility or good manners; "want nothing from you but to get away from your uncivil tongue"- Willa Cather [syn: rude]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if we are talking 'discourteous' or 'rude' then all 3 of those threads would have to qualify.

AngryCola 11-12-2005 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think if we are talking 'discourteous' or 'rude' then all 3 of those threads would have to qualify.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Those subjects aren't discourteous at all. I suppose you could find a definition of 'rude' to fit your post, though.

They might be in bad taste, but that doesn't mean the subject is inherently uncivil. Well, at least not in the way I think of the word.

PoBoy321 11-12-2005 03:21 AM

I think that you can find a definition of rude to apply to any thread and I don't think that it's sufficient reason for any mod to ban someone simply because they don't like their posts.

AngryCola 11-12-2005 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that you can find a definition of rude to apply to any thread and I don't think that it's sufficient reason for any mod to ban someone simply because they don't like their posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said anything about banning anyone in this line of posts?

I'm not going to get dragged into this type of discussion again. The only reason I even posted in this thread again was to clarify my post, and now a couple of people (not MicroBob) have tried to goad me into discussing wider moderation issues.

The mods you have problems with can speak for themselves.

SCfuji 11-12-2005 08:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This thread is hot!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, but that pic is not.

[/ QUOTE ]

your imagination is failing to understand the range of looks the poster of the picture may have.