Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   live at the bike....sweat me...then laugh at my rediculous bluffs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=198312)

Rick Nebiolo 02-19-2005 02:09 AM

Re: live at the bike....sweat me...then laugh at my ridiculous bluffs

[ QUOTE ]
Rick, can you give us an idea of how many people are typically logged on to view the action? If I had to guess, I'd say at any given time there may be 300-500 people watching, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was 3k-5k.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure of the numbers but I know is that it is going up very fast. I am curious regarding how we will handle the bandwidth requirements.

I'd like to play tomorrow in the $200 restricted buy in no limit (scheduled to be broadcast on "Live At Bike) but may end up having to help out on the floor. Essentially I'm a playing host in top section four days a week but Saturday is my day to sort of work as a quasi-floorman in the no limit section getting games started, etc.

I'll have to let the boss know I need to have an "insiders view" of how playing in front of the cameras makes things different [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

~ Rick

3rdEye 02-19-2005 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rick, it would seem that a good feature to have an instant feedback put in, so someone like you (if you're available) can help advise them in situations like that. Instant feedback would also be good about any particular questions viewers may have, and could maybe include them in the broadcast.

Kevin...

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean the ability to call into the booth to correct mistakes (such as the explanation of dealing three times)? Hmm, I'm not sure that would work or be well received - plus there is enough going on in there as it is. Anyway, I'm off work now and having a cocktail [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Also, there is a five minute delay and there might be a security problem.

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering...are cell phones and other electronic communication devices prohibited at the live table? Even if there is a delay in the broadcast, someone could benefit from the belated knowledge of his opponents' holdings by having a friend watch the broadcast and then relay that information to him. (Of course, they could easily get that information upon leaving the game anyway, but they wouldn't get the benefit of gaining that knowledge while still playing).

I thought I saw someone at the table talking on a cell phone at one point, but I'm not sure.

Rick Nebiolo 02-19-2005 02:11 AM

Re: live at the bike....sweat me...then laugh at my rediculous bluffs

[ QUOTE ]
From the original article I saw, they would start charging in March at $20/month. Last week one of the commentators (not Denny or Bart) mentioned there was a 90 day beta test, which the person directing the programming didn't seem to want that mentioned.

Kevin...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about this one - I don't even have cable [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

~ Rick

Rick Nebiolo 02-19-2005 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering...are cell phones and other electronic communication devices prohibited at the live table? Even if there is a delay in the broadcast, someone could benefit from the belated knowledge of his opponents' holdings by having a friend watch the broadcast and then relay that information to him. (Of course, they could easily get that information upon leaving the game anyway, but they wouldn't get the benefit of gaining that knowledge while still playing).

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding is that before you play you sign an agreement that you won't use a cell phone or wear headphones. We have a floorperson in the area (tonight it was Tim Rayneck) enforcing this policy.

~ Rick

Rick Nebiolo 02-19-2005 02:20 AM

Today 2+2 short-handed superstar Michael Davis was taking a break from eight-tabling online and was last seen destroying one of the Bike's $100 buy in NL games. Earlier in the day when he came by to talk (I was playing 20/40 stud/8) one of the players in my game asked if he was my son. I told him he was too young [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

~ Rick

Rick Nebiolo 02-19-2005 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
is anyone else's video super choppy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is what mine does:

1) Stop after 3 seconds, shudder
2) Run fine for 3 seconds, then shudder again
3) Completely freeze 5 seconds after that

Audio is fine, though

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have dial-up or broadband? I'm fairly certain you need broadband.

~ Rick

Nagoo81 02-19-2005 03:28 AM

Rick - do you guys have problems with large amounts of traffic? Myself and a group of other 2+2ers tried to view the stream, but could not connect during the 400/800 game.

I suspected that you had too many connected users. Is that the case?

bobby rooney 02-19-2005 03:41 AM

It was a great laydown, but not if he "knew he was ahead". The reason he laid it down was the depth of the stacks and size of the bet convinced him that his AA were no good. It's a laydown you can only make with deep money. If the money is more shallow, you are already committed by the time you figure out you are in trouble.

bobby rooney 02-19-2005 03:58 AM

It looks like the 2 seat totally cleaned up on that pot with the KK versus the JT which flopped top pair. They ran the river three times and the kings won all three.

bobby rooney 02-19-2005 03:59 AM

oops that was supposed to be attached to the lead post. Oh well, it's late.