Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   worst hand ever (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382910)

PokerBob 11-22-2005 05:32 AM

Re: worst hand ever

why did you call preflop? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

flawless_victory 11-22-2005 06:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why did you call preflop? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
ITS HIS FAVORITE HAND.

you are anti-fun, or what?

11-22-2005 07:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's mine too but in [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine too [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

me454555 11-22-2005 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't think autoclassifying a 35/22 player as an idiot is good poker at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying he's an idiot all the time, just 5% of the time. He doesn't even need to be a complete idiot for him to do this, maybe he just caught a case of FPS or something. We're all human and we all make mistakes and do weird things. I think its possible he does that once in 16 tries

Spicymoose 11-22-2005 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't think autoclassifying a 35/22 player as an idiot is good poker at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying he's an idiot all the time, just 5% of the time. He doesn't even need to be a complete idiot for him to do this, maybe he just caught a case of FPS or something. We're all human and we all make mistakes and do weird things. I think its possible he does that once in 16 tries

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are assuming that a non idiot will never raise this turn with a hand that you beat, then the 5% number for how often he need to be an idiot to call the river is wrong. He need to be an idiot quite a bit more than that, as even idiots will have you beat some of the time.

protocol 11-22-2005 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what do i beat

[/ QUOTE ]

I find myself saying this a lot on the river when facing a raise, yet I usually call anyways, especially when the pot is this big. Pretty often I get shown a hand that I never would have predicted.

These semi-TAG's make a lot of weird plays. He could easily have a badly played set. I think your river fold is horrible.

fyodor 11-22-2005 09:55 AM

I finally opened this thread thinking it would be good for a laugh. It was.

If you think calling pf is comparable to calling a light raise and cc on the button, then you don't think much of these 2 opponents - esp. CO. Given that, I don't see how you cannot call the river raise. I was happy to read later in the thread that you did.

I hate the pf call.
I hate the river fold.
I hate "favourite hands" (other than AA)

No </3 here [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

tolbiny 11-22-2005 10:34 AM

I def let these ones go preflop, but thats me, i can see talking myself into them. But i don't like the prospect of flopping a draw and having to pay several bets thanks to the TAGs in there.
Flop and turn are fairly standard. The river looks really bad and against his probable range its a good fold. if he had taken a bad beet at some point recently or had shown himself to be overly tricky with a set i would use that as an excuse to call.

Monty Cantsin 11-22-2005 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you think calling pf is comparable to calling a light raise and cc on the button, then you don't think much of these 2 opponents - esp. CO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. This is the worst part of the hand in my opinion, not necessarily the call but the thinking behind it.

/mc

sthief09 11-22-2005 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

No </3 here [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHA YOU IDIOT YOU JUST GAVE ME <3<3<3<3 HAHAHAA BY SAYING THAT NO ANTI HEART YOU GAVE M E HEART HAHAHAHA ALOLOLAHAHAHAHAHA

but yes i know this call pf sucks and it is even worse than i thought it was when i first posted

surf please lock this thread